With Me

Four

"You are pure evil!" I whisper shouted at Sam.

She laughed.

"It was a good plan, wasn't it."

I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms.

"So tell me, were you clothed? Naked?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Sam! I was in a towel thank you very much." I said still mad.

"Damn. Well that's better than having your clothes on I guess." She said smiling to herself.

"I hate you." I said sticking my tongue out.

"Didn't your parents ever explain to you that hate is a very strong word, and it's very hurtful?" Sam asked with a fake stern voice.

"Fine. I dislike you strongly!" I rolled my eyes, a smiled pulling at my mouth.

"I SEE YOUR SMILE!" Sam shouted jumping up from her bed. She ran over and poked my stomache before exiting her room and running downstairs.

I followed her, because I was starving.

We went into the kitchen to see a happy Carrie munching on Cheerio's. Jared sat at the kitchen island crunching a piece of toast, a pile of crumbs falling on the counter under him. And Bitchy Missy sat in the breakfast nook sipping a cup of coffee.

A few other hung over partiers sat around the room eating cereal and drinking coffee.

"Come sit! Now!" Carrie grinned at me pointing next to her perch on the counter.

I nodded. As I walked past Jared I grabbed the piece of toast out of his hands that he was about to chomp on.

"Hey!" He said frowning.

"Me. Hungry. Don't mess with the cookie monster." I warned winking.

He shook his head but smiled.

I walked over to Carrie pulling myself next to her on the granite countertop.

"Um hello! Bathroom, you in a towel, plus Jared!?" She squealed in my ear.

"Shush!" I said warning her.

She just stared at me wide-eyed. “I’ll explain later! When there's no one around!" I told her.

"Yo, Jord. Ready to go home?" Jared caught my attention.

"Uh... okay?" I said confused.

"I'm driving you silly." He said flashing his perfect smile.

"Oh. Okay, I guess I am then." I said sliding off the counter.

I said bye to Carrie and she made me promise to call her later. I then found Sam, hugged her and thanked her for a fun party.

I climbed into Jared's black truck chucking my bag in the backseat.

"So, sorry about the shower thing, again." Jared said once we had pulled out of the driveway.

"It's okay. Really. No harm." I said.

"Good. So, have fun last night?" He said quickly switching subjects.

"Yep, you?" I asked. I didn't have much to say. I spent most the night drinking upstairs with Carrie and Sam.

"Ahuh." He mumbled.

"Ooh, I sense something more?" I said poking his arm.

"Hey, no touching the driver!" He said sarcastically.

"And I don’t know. It wasn't that fun. All I did was push Missy off me. She was all drunk and wanted to make out in front of everyone. I'm not really into that public display thing." He frowned.

"Yeah. Me neither." I sighed.

Jared nodded.

I licked my lips.

Talk about awkward silence. But it soon ended when Jared pulled in his driveway.

"Well see you Monday." I said waving and jumping out of the truck.

Jared got out. "Yeah... or tomorrow. Wanna hang?" He asked. I sensed a hopeful tone in his voice. That or I was just wishing.

"Yes!" I said a little too excited.

"Kay. I'll call you." Jared said as I crossed into my yard.

I watched as he went in the side door of his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
another long one! I think I'm on a roll. :D
comments? you know they make my day!