Status: I know it has been awhile, but I'm working on it.

The Boy Next Door

Chapter 12

Everything about this was wrong. I knew in the back of my mind that absolutely no good would come from this but that didn't stop me. I'm pretty sure nothing could have stopped me. It was a dream come true, so why stop it? My stomach was in knots from thinking about all the consequences of what we were doing but it was a rush of adrenaline that I loved.

Matt pulled onto the freeway. There was no turning back now. We were running away. Crazy, I know, but we had no other choice. His parents were going to make him move back to Middle of Nowhere, Alabama and leave all his friends behind. Leave me behind. And that made me more sick than running away to who knows where. I loved Matt and he wanted me to come with him, so I did. I knew I was leaving my family and my friends and Lexi but it wasn't like I would never see them again.

My phone rang for the gazillionth time since Matt and I left my house. This time it was Derek. I couldn't answer. I mean, what would I say? Sorry Derek, but Matt kissed me then asked me to run away with him. So I did. We're going to have to reschedule our date for another time. That wasn't going to work. My parents were out on a Valentine's Day date so I just left them a note on the fridge that said to call me. After running away I figured they wouldn't really care how I told them.

My phone started to ring again. This time it was Lexi. I looked at Matt and he told me to answer it "Hello?" I said casually/

"Where the hell are you!?" Lexi screamed.

"On the freeway" Matt switched to the lane that would take us to Malibu. I gave him a questioning look but he didn't seem to notice.

"Sydney would please like to explain to me why you are on the freeway?" Her voice was calmer that time. Like she realized that yelling would get her nowhere.

"Matt and I just need to get away for awhile." I said matter of factly.

"You're with Matt! It's Valentine's Day and you're running away with Matt?" She started on a big rant about how stupid I was being and that I need to come home right now. I sighed and hung up on her. I felt bad about just leaving her. Especially with her being pregnant, but I had to.

Some how we had gotten to a gas station. Matt got out of the car and went to fill up the tank. I got out too and told Matt I was going to get something to eat. I bought a bag of chips, some Pop Rocks, and two Monsters, then went back to the car. Matt was looking something up on his fancy iPhone.

"Watcha doin?" I asked, mimicking Isabella from Phineas and Ferb.

"I was thinking we could make this a road trip." He stated. "We packed our bags and got all the money from our rooms. I have money in a saving account my dad started when I was little. We'll have enough to make it across the country." He smiled his perfect smile waiting for me to respond.

"Are you sure we will have enough?" I asked, "I have money in account too, but I don't want to use all of it." The expression on Matt's fast became sad and guilt washed over me. He just wanted to get away for awhile and he wanted me to come with him. Questioning him wasn't helping anything.

"I'm positive." He made sure to give me an assuring look. "We can see the Statue of Liberty, The Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore. We'll travel ocean to ocean. Just me, you, and my sad excuse for a car" We laughed a little and then Matt gave me a quick kiss. Just the millisecond that his lips were on mine sent a million lightning bolts rushing through me.

I hadn't asked about Sophie yet. Just the thought of doing it scared me but I wanted to know why he didn't go to Sophie. She was his girlfriend. Not me. But then again, Derek is my boyfriend, not Matt. So why aren't I running away with him? I couldn't wrap my brain around any of this. Honestly, though, I didn't want to. If my brain started figuring things out, it would figure out that two sixteen year old's going on a spontaneous road trip and not telling anyone where they are going is just about one of the stupidest things they could ever do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well wasn't that unexpected? :) I think the idea for this chapter was pretty good, but I didn't write it very well. You could tell me your thoughts by commenting and subscribing though. Just saying... :)

Oh and if you haven't checked out my other story Dear Jerk-face you maybe could do that too, please :)