If Only I Knew How to Hate You

Lost In Stereo, Lost In Stereo

Bailey

We arrive back at the venue where we find John Ohh pacing back and forth, worried about his car. He gives me a hug and snatches the keys from Jack. “You okay?” He adds, glancing at me.

“Fine,” I nod. “Just tired and hungry.” I wave as Alex pulls me away quickly.

In minutes we’re back on the bus and video games are still going. I roll my eyes and then start looking around the kitchen for something to eat. All they have is cereal, monster, beer, mayonnaise and some white bread, which I don’t like. I’d have the cereal, but Matt’s thrown out the funny looking milk and there’s nothing to eat.

I take a quick shower and change into some shorts and a top. I climb out of the bathroom, brushing my hair back. Alex comes by and asks what I’m doing. I tell him I’m going to make a quick stop to the store for food and Advil, and taking some shoes and my wallet, I head out.

“Hey, Bay!”

Looking around, I spot Johnny boy waving at me. I wave back and he hurries over. “Looking better already,” he grins. “So what are you doing now?”

“Store,” I shrug, running a hand through my hair. “The guys have like, no food at all. It’s sickening,” I roll my eyes.

“I know what you mean. Hey, can I come with? I need some more food myself,” he adds. “And we could take my car,” he adds, playfully trying to tempt me.

“Sure,” I chuckle. “Let’s do that.” I follow him around back to his car and we start out, casually chatting. It’s really nice, because he doesn’t judge me or anything, and we just chat.

Soon enough we find a grocery store and step inside. I’m not too sure what to do since I usually always went with Missy before, and I hadn’t done it at Alex’s place… John pushes the cart as we go through the aisles, finding some stuff.

“You know what sounds good?” John sighs. “Homemade food.”

“That would be good,” I admit.

“Yeah… too bad I finished off my mom’s stuff last week,” he pouts. “Hey! We could at least make some cookies,” he offers, nudging me.

I raise my eyebrow. “I’m not paying for the stuff. And you’d need a few utensils crap,” I add.

He just shrugs with a light smirk, bumping me with the cart to turn down another aisle. “That works. There’s some other bands who have the equipment.”

I snicker. “Funny thing is, I can totally see you cooking.”

“I’ll have you know I’m an expert chef!” He protests. “I’m a master of cookery! Honestly!”

“Whatever,” I roll my eyes and watch as he grabs some more flour, and he also grabs a quick bake brownie mix. Which does sound good…. We finish up by grabbing some Advil and a few other basic meds that anyone might need soon, and go for the check out line. He offers to pay, but I won’t let him and soon we’re heading back to the car with our things.

“So, can we make the cookies now?” John asks hopefully as he helps me with the bags to the ATL bus.

“I suppose,” I give a small yawn and yank the door open. “Here or your place?”

“Eh, Pat broke our oven trying to do something with the fireworks this morning, so can we do it here? I’ll go grab everything else we need,” he adds.

“Sure,” shrugging, I let him in and pile everything on the counters. “No!” I slap Jack’s hand a way and he pouts at me. “If you want something, you will have to eat a normal portion and clean up your own mess right after you finish it,” I warn him. “I bought this food and I’m enforcing the rules for it.”

“Then I’m not hungry!” he proclaims. And yet he stands there, staring at the popsicles I’d bought. “On second thought…” he starts. Then suddenly he snatches one, jumps back, takes off the wrapper and shoves the entire thing in his mouth. “Ha!” He shouts but it’s more garbled. I take a step toward him and he shrieks like a girl, racing off the bus to probably go find security to protect him… well, he did do that the second week here when he stole my pillow.

“Odd,” John comments.

I shrug as Alex comes over. “What are you doing here?” He asks John suspiciously.

“Good question,” John grins. “I have some utensils to grab. I’ll be back in ten,” he promises me and heads out.

Alex eyes the door with a frown and I slap him on the chest. “Oh shove it,” I mutter and finding the Advil, I grab a water bottle and chug some pills. Probably twice what I needed, but maybe then it’ll work twice as fast, you think?

“What? Shove what?” Alex protests.

“You’re jealous,” I smirk, taking some more water.

“Am not!”

“Are too, stop denying, I can see it,” I add.

Alex pouts and tips my water bottle so the water misses my mouth, spilling onto my chest and shorts and bare legs. I squeak and hurriedly tip the water back- and shove it down his shirt. He squawks, trying to get it out, but soon enough its empty, and he’s thoroughly wet. “Meanie,” he whines.

“You asked for it,” and I hit him upside the head with the empty bottle. “And I paid for this. You owe me two bucks.”

“How about two kisses?”

“Well, those kisses would have to be pretty darn perfect,” I shrug, turning to deal with the groceries. “I just don’t know if you’re up to that, my friend.”

“You ain’t see nothing yet,” he jokes. Then before I know what’s happened, he’s twirled me towards him, dipped me, and pulled me into a kiss. His cheer is somewhat infectious and I find myself giggling a little bit as he finally pulls me up. “Told you,” he smirks.

“Psh,” I roll my eyes and try to think of something to say, clearing my clouded head.

Fortunately, the door opens and Johnny boy is back with whatever we need. Alex’s grip tightens, but I get him off of me, as I give a tiny wave to John, beckoning him. “Get everything?” I ask him, trying to get rid of this awkward moment.

“Yep,” He grins, waving a bag around. “Let’s begin!”

“Seriously?” Alex pouts, looking over everything as we pour everything onto the bit of counter. “Bay, I thought you can’t cook.”

“I can’t,” I shrug. “John’s going to do it.

“Hey!”

“Fiiiiiire!”

“No it’s not!” I step on Jack’s foot. “It’s just… it’s just…” but I can’t find the words for it, two hours later as I helplessly grab at my hair, frustrated. “Okay! FINE, so the oven’s on fire!” I relent as Rian gives me a hard look.

Grumbling, I watch the guys search, panicking for the fire extinguisher. But I end up finding it under the sink and start spraying everywhere, mainly pointing it towards the oven. Stupid, stupid oven. So I left the crap in a little bit longer, so what. It doesn’t mean it has to practically explode, you know!

“Bailey!”

“What?” I shout, shoving the extinguisher down, fed up with everyone yelling at me.

“Stop spraying me!”

“I did!”

“Oh!” John sighs and spits some foam towards me. I wince, and throw the goop back at him, huffing. “Beautiful job, then,” he smiles cheekily.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I deserve comments. This was like, twice as long.
....My sister got stitches from crashing into the opposing soccer team today. Left for six stitches and returned to play goalie for the rest of the game, and didn't let a ball in. Score for her! Lol. you'll totally see her name in the headlines like... like Mia Hamm or something for sports, cause she can do that. and there was softball this morning for the teens in our church... i totally suck. you only get like, two swings! so confusing. urrrrgh... but my dad had fun. he was totally gonna go into baseball but then there was this totally tragic accident that ruined his arm as pitcher, thats what he did...
anywyas, i babysat a kid today. asleep the whole time, cute smart tyke. haha....
MAIN POINT::: My school load seriously doubled. So I'm going to try and start restricting myself a bit more. For once, cause I never listen. But I really need self control now, okay? So... comment away, please, please, pleaasssse. But from now on, I can only be getting on the weekends, if that- cause on quizilla, i've promised like...twenty people one-shots and i need to write those also
unless i get so much love and comments from here you convince me to add more chapters quicker :D
ttyl, m'dears