If Only I Knew How to Hate You

She's Trouble In A Tank-Top

Bailey

He lets me ride on his back as he jogs through the crowd and we wind our way through the concert arenas and finally, to the right stage, Hurley, where the crowd is waiting. The kids in line cheer as we arrive and Alex gives a sheepish wave as Rian drags him over to the table.

Annnnnd I’m left to myself.

Biting my lip, I wander around, hang around for a while. Watching Alex and the band take pictures, chat, laugh, and sign pictures and clothes and everything… I sigh, watching them. They’re having such a blast.

Well, at least I don’t have to work at the moment. Not working at our booth until a few hours… What to do now? I mutter to Rian, the only one not distracted at the moment, that I’m gonna go explore for the day. He nods and I walk off, not looking back.

I check out a few other concerts rambling on, but I stay on the edge, keeping my eye out for people. Persons. Or him. My throat keeps turning dry at every tall gangly dark figure I spot, and it keeps my heart beating loudly in my chest, dying to escape.

“Bailey.”

Gasping, I whirl around and shove the figure away from me hurriedly, in case I have to escape into the crowd- but the figure shouts in surprise and grabs my wrists. Squealing, I fall on top of-

“Alex?”

“Yeah?” He grunts through a moan, wincing. “You crushed my ribs.”

I bite my lip. “Sorry.”

He gives a dry chuckle shaking his head. Then he glances around upwards, seeing how everyone has to walk around us. “So as much as I love this, you and me like this at the moment, I’m afraid we’ll have to save it for another time,” he says with an exaggerated sad sigh.

Rolling my eyes, I swat him lightly on the shoulder and roll off and up with his help. “Thanks,” I mutter and pull my hair back again, since it’s escaping my ponytail. And my merch shirt is kinda big…though comfy, so I guess I won’t complain.

“Bay,” Alex starts, wrapping a hand around my waist and starts leading me through the crowd. “Mind telling me why you felt the need to push me away like that?” He pouts.

“I thought you were someone else,” I shrug and then I freeze up, my eyes wide. Holy crud, why did I just tell him that? Next thing I know, I’ll be spilling the whole story!

Alex raises his eyebrow. “Who?” He asks slowly, and frowns in concern.

I blink and think fast. “The, uh… the kid, um… who was bothering me this morning,” I mutter. “From that pathetic goth band. I dunno their name.”

After a minute he nods slowly. “Want me to talk to him? Oh, we could have a fight,” he grins and it reminds me of that night just a week or so ago, the band boys spent the evening bragging about all the fights they’d been in- well, Jack usually loses and Zack’s never really been in one, but they tried.

“No, really,” I say hastily. “It’s nothing. I think I’ve scared him away.”

He chuckles, fiddling with my hair and we start walking again. “That’s my girl,” he announces proudly.

I just roll my eyes, leaning a little against his shoulder as he walks us through the crowd. But inside, I’m warm with pleasure at his words, I’m tingling with happiness, and it makes me feel like such… such a love-sick happy-slappy girl.

My girl.

His girl.

“Ewwwwww,” I look at Jack, wrinkling my nose. “Close your mouth, you creep!”

I swear, I’ve told him that at least once every day on tour. He’s the worst of the guys when it comes to food. He’ll eat anything, make a mess, and never clean it up. It’s horrifying, I swear. Maybe not the worst things I’ve ever seen, but one of the worst things I’ve seen in the past few years. Absolutely disgusting.

“Girls,” All ten boys at the table ‘round me roll their eyes as they say the word in unison. Kinda creepy, it keeps happening.

“Oh shut up,” I grumble. “And chew with your mouth shut.”

“Ahh!” They all open their mouths to show me their food.

I’ll be quiet now.

Sighing, I stare down at my paper plate, hot dog and chili separated, unlike all the boys. It’s got Zack, Jack and of course Alex. But then I’ve got Travis and Drew from We The Kings, plus the boys of The Maine- Pat, Ryan, Alex R, Garrett and the oh-so-fabulous John Ohh… that’s what he calls himself, anyways. And then there’s me… the girl.

Ugh. I knew I should have demanded Alex to find more merch girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D