If Only I Knew How to Hate You

Remembering Sunday

Bailey

A smile falls to my lips, drawn from this video game to real life, seeing John come in. He grins, carefully stepping around my wheel chair that’s near the couch, and leans over for a hug. “Hey, Johnny,” I say warmly, and receive the kiss on the cheek. “Glad you could come.”

“My pleasure,” he chuckles.

“Hey, John Ohh?” Alex scratches the back of his head, shutting the front door. “Um, so everything you need to know…” he trails off and starts walking towards the kitchen, pulling him along to talk. It makes me feel like a dog.

“No offense, boys,” I mutter, looking down at the boys who are around my cast. It’s all new to them so they keep barking and cuddling up to it. Very, very weird. I glance back to the guys, biting my lip and trying to hear what they’re saying. But Alex pulled them far enough out of my hearing range… on purpose, I bet.

Frowning, I turn back to the game and since I’m the only player, I keep going and sweetly murder all the little guys. The game ends with success, and I restart it, completely bored out of my mind.

“So, remember?”

“Mhm, yep. You got the schedule in my room, list of foods and recipes on pantry, cash in drawer, wheelchair right there, and extra blankets in about every room, plenty of food and dog stuff…. That’s all right?”

“I feel like I’m being baby-sat,” I grumble, glaring at the two boys as they come over.

“That’s cause you are,” John grins. “But don’t worry, maybe I’ll let you stay up past your bedtime.”

I scowl, because he would know I take pills after dinner that always make me tired. He beams and I stick out my tongue at him. “Let’s exchange him for someone new. He’s being mean,” I tell Alex.

He laughs. “Nope. You said John, you get John. But now, I have to be going,” as if on time, outside a car horn honks loudly several times. “Before Rian beats me up,” Alex grins with a chuckle. “So call for any reason, and I’ll be checking in a lot, so keep your cell close, okay?” He tells me.

“Maybe,” I respond cheekily.

He just rolls his eyes and leans forward, kissing me carefully on the lips. I bite his playfully and he groans, pulling back. “Don’t tease me,” he mutters darkly.

“Too late.”

“Ugh.”

“Gotta go,” I mock him.

John chuckles at our interaction and it reminds us we’re not alone, so Alex sighs and straightens up, squeezing my hand in good-bye. “See you guys in two and a half weeks, then.”

“But, that’s not the end of your tour,” I frown.

“No, but I’ll come for a few days and fix something else up. You can’t be completely alone,” he reminds me. “I’ll be calling and seeing you soon enough.” He waves and heads out the door with his bags.

John and I look at each other.

“Brownies sound really good right now,” I tell him innocently.

He allows a chuckle, shaking his head. “Oh, make me do all the work, huh?”

“No worries,” I shake my head. “I’ll watch.”

He sticks out his tongue and I respond it. John sighs and trudges over onto the couch next to me. “It’s gonna be a long seventeen days.”

“You have no idea,” I roll my eyes.

John checks the time and pauses the video game. “Okay. You play this, I make brownies, and by the time the brownies are done, it’ll be just about time to be going to the therapist.” He stands and heads to the kitchen, leaving me groaning in a pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
for X-ToxicColors-X :D

I think I skipped a chapter somewhere....
Oh well. :/ I'll go over when everything comes out, maybe. Ha.
Ummmm Family Fiesta last night. I was the only person to perform the Paso Doble twice, cause we had an extra guy so I had two guys w/ me. Who I chose, cause my mommy teaches it :D But it's cool, cause they are awesome friends.
Happy mommy's day! me and my sistas didn't get her anything for her b-day either last month, so we're making today extra special. whatcha all doing for her?