If Only I Knew How to Hate You

Only Eleven

Alex

We left after the movie. Zack stayed to spend the day with her, but the rest of us went over to Jack’s to hang out. We played video games and ate and… well, I was zoned out for most of it. And partially drunk. Not that it helped.

Anyways, the next few days, Rian spent with me and we hung out in my band room most of the time, playing our music. The other part of the time, we were walking the dogs and he would try to talk to me about Bailey, but I always brushed him off and changed the subject until finally, we would just fall silent.

“Come on, come on!” Jack bursts into my house a few short days after, jumping up and down. “We’re gonna go dancing, man! Get changed!” He slaps me upside the head with a big grin. “Let’s go! Club night!”

“What?” I turn over from going over the internet. “Huh?

He makes a face. “Never mind. You’re showering first.”

“Hey,” I start with a frown.

“Is for horses, we know,” he rolls his eyes, and shoves me off the bed. “Now get in before I personally assist you, Allie! Shower up and I’ll find some decent clothes and we’re heading out! Come on!” He shoves me into the bathroom, throwing a towel at my face. Then he shuts the door and bangs on it. “Ten minutes, man!”

Grumbling, I obey, turning on the hot water and slipping in after I strip. I wash, shampoo, all the jazz, and then step out for a quick shave and style of the hair. The towel wrapped around my waist, I step out and Jack throws some clothes at me.

“Thanks,” I tell him sarcastically. He just winks, lying down and going through a magazine on my bed.

Finally I’m changed into these comfortable clothes and he tosses me a jacket. “So where are we going?” I ask, rubbing my face. He drags me towards the door.

“Club for new years, as always,” he reminds me with a wicked grin. “Are you ready for 2010, buddy?”

“Not a bit,” I mutter as we step out the door.

Shoot.

How did I know she would be here? Honest? I curse under my breath and stand behind Jack. He notices, turning around and raising his eyebrow. “What are you doing, brah?”

“I don’t know,” I bite sarcastically. “Maybe hiding from her?”

He looks over with no intentions of being secret. He even waves to her. She just nods and turns back to Missy. Jack turns back to me. “She looks really good,” he smirks slyly. I narrow my eyes. Then he shrugs. “I have a girl here, so I better go find her.” He winks and leaves me alone.

I swallow hard, glance again at her and find my palms sweating already. What am I going to do? She looks even better than on Christmas… I mutter another curse under my breath and head off to the bar, alone. I need a drink- and more, to make it through the night.

Two hours later and it’s only eleven. I try dancing with some girls to distract myself, but I’m always leaving them because they aren’t good enough. None of them are good enough. None of them are her. I keep telling myself to get over it, and just have fun. But I can’t.

She even dances with Missy, with Jack, with strangers… but she leaves in the end, before the songs ever really end, just like me. I spend most of the time watching her. She’s not having fun. But I keep trying to prove that I am.

Not to mention, plenty of my fans are here as well. They don’t mind coming up to ask for pictures, autographs, dances- or even a kiss. Once, after a smooch, I caught her looking. But before we could make real eye contact, she had disappeared into the crowd again.

Eleven thirty comes around and I’m wondering if I could sneak out, just for some air, and maybe even take a cab home. I’ve tried it twice, but Jack always ropes me back in. When I find him smooching Gabriella in peace, and so that’s when I head for the doors.

Until I bump into her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so so sooooo close....
Alex and Jack
and Bailey