Fear

There's this facility in the middle of nowhere, practically surrounded by dessert without an oasis in sight. In this facility, though, holds a secret room where several tanks are held in a winter-cold room. No one knows for sure what is in these tanks, except for Dr. Hanks.

Dr. Hanks is a serious, anti-social middle-aged man who works at a facility in the middle of nowhere. When tragedy strikes, Hanks finds himself feeling empathy for one of the freed test subjects, and helps escape the "girl". They go on a adventure, someplace Hanks didn't expect to find himself after not only working in the strange facility, but also living in it.

Once the two escape, they both are blown away by the world outside the facility they had never seen before; but although Hanks has lived only a quarter of his life in the modern world, living the rest of it in a facility, he finds himself flabbergasted by the wonders of the world he had never stopped to notice...

...Soon, the facility grows stronger, and only then does Hanks realize that him and the female test subject must help save the only part of the world left that isn't lifeless and dead, and comes across more information that he regrets finding.

This story is sci-fi, and has some angst, mystery, and maybe even love and suspense.
  1. 1: Angry Dr. Hanks
    Here we introduce Dr. Hanks.
  2. 2: "You Should Have Just..."
    Ava irritates Hanks.