Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Ten

I stumbled out of bed in the morning and groaned, remembering that I was going to look for a new job. I took a quick shower and pulled my hair back into a ponytail before getting dressed and leaving in Mikki’s car.

The day was a waste though; there wasn’t one place I stopped that even said that they would be willing to hire. I gave up at lunch time and decided to spend my day at the Build-A-Bear Workshop in the mall. I made a teddy bear named Daniel then went home.

“Hey Merrick,” Mikki said as I got out of her car; I was still looking into getting a new one. I let out a groan and grabbed Daniel from the passenger seat. “How would you feel about getting a puppy?”

I rolled my eyes. “They’re a lot of responsibility, Mikki. I am not going to wake up at one in the morning to walk a puppy for you.”

“So you don’t mind getting one?” she asked as I got to the top of the steps.

I rolled my eyes again as I walked pass her and into the house. I was greeted by a small fluffy thing bouncing around. “MIKKI!”

“I didn’t do it!” she exclaimed behind me.

“What is that?” I asked, pointing to the puppy that was now wagging its tail.

“Um, she’s a present from Garrett—to you.” I let out a scream before I walked to my room. Mikki’s fist pounded against the door as I kicked off my shoes and took off my black vest. I picked up the small remote and turned on my stereo; Boys Like Girls started playing and slowly calmed me down.

I changed into a pair of shorts and an All Time Low shirt before I settled at my desk and opened my laptop. I pressed the power button before my phone started ringing I paused my music then answered. “Hey, this is Merrick. Leave a message,” I said, not wanting to actually talk.

“Hey, it’s Garrett… Call me back when you get this,” he said.

“Dammit, Garrett, what do you want?” I sighed.

“But… And… The recording… And…?”

“That was me,” I sighed. “What is it?”

“Can I come over?”

“Sure?” I mumbled.

“I’ll be there soon,” he said; I could hear the smile in his voice. “Bye.”

I dropped the phone and got up, slowly making my way downstairs. “Mikki,” I called as I plopped onto the couch. “Garrett’s coming over.”

“Are you two going out yet?” she whined, earning a glare from me as she came around the corner.

“No. It was one date. Don’t get excited,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“But… You two are so cute together!” she squealed. I rolled my eyes again. “Just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sleepy. Garrett refuses to let me sleep in. I love that crazy puppy anyway.

Comment.

Sincerely,
Lizz