Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Twelve

“Are you ready?” Garrett asked. I nodded nervously as his calloused fingers trailed down my body. Honestly, I wasn’t ready at all, and he probably knew as well. “Merrick.”

His eyes searched mine for the answer to an unspoken question. “Merrick, wake up.”


Somebody’s hands were on my shoulders and they were shaking me awake. “Merrick, wake up,” he whispered. My cheeks burned as my eyes snapped open. The light flooded in through the window and lit the room. “Morning,” Garrett whispered with a grin. I looked around the room and realized I was in my bedroom; I vaguely remembered falling asleep on the couch in the living room after Garrett left.

“What time is it?” I mumbled, letting my eyes slide closed again.

“Seven.”

“AM?” I whined. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down beside me. “You just volunteered to be my new favorite pillow.” I snuggled into his chest and smiled. He laughed softly and the sound rumbled in my ear.

My phone rang on the stand and I groaned. “Garrett, phone.” He laughed again and I heard the phone hit the nightstand as he took out the charger cord and answered it.

“Hello?” I wondered who it was. “No, this is Garrett.” I shifted so that I could see his face; he was smiling. “No… Because…” I hated only being able to hear half the conversation. I held out my hand for the phone. “She’s sleeping… Yeah, I know… She can’t have a girl’s day with you; I’m planning for her to be busy when she wakes up.” I wasn’t under the covers so I rolled on top of Garrett. “Stuff; I have to go. She’s mean when she wakes up.” I glared at him. “I said no! Bye!” He hung up and quickly stuck the phone under his back.

“Who was it?” I asked.

He smiled. “Guess.” I looked over at my nightstand and smirked. His eyes widened.

“Want to reconsider that?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He smiled. “Kiss me and I’ll tell you,” he offered. I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips. “Oh, come on! Is that all you got? It was Jane, by the way.”

“Continue,” I prodded. He smiled innocently. “You, Garrett Nickelsen, are pure evil.” I straddled his hips and kissed him again. I ran my fingers through his messy hair as my tongue grazed over his lower lip. I pulled back an inch.

“She was wondering why I answered your phone,” he offered. My lips crashed down on his and he grabbed my hips, pulling me as close to him as possible. His tongue pried my lips apart and we fought for dominance; I pulled away, completely breathless. I settled for kissing his neck so he could continue talking. His voice was husky as he continued, “She wanted to know if you’d be available for a girls’ day at a spa or something.”

“You’re skipping something,” I accused, biting his neck afterwards.

“HOLY SHIT!” I smirked as he bit his lip.

“Tell me,” I murmured. I ran my fingers through his hair again and softly kissed his neck.

“It wasn’t important,” he answered, his voice shaky.

“So what are your plans to keep me busy?” I asked quietly. I’d have to remember this useful talent for other times.

“Video games and pizza. Or movies and popcorn.”

“Or both,” I kissed him again. “Tell me the rest, please.” I batted my eyelashes and his cheeks turned pink.

“She wanted to know how I planned to keep you busy,” he laughed once. “And that’s it.”

“You’re skipping something again,” I whined.

He sighed. “She wanted to talk to you.” He shrugged.

“Oh. Well, um, I’m not very sleepy anymore,” I mumbled, yawning afterwards. He gently kissed my lips and my cheeks burned again.

“Go back to bed; I’ll be right here when you wake up.” He smiled.

“Where’s Mikki?” I mumbled groggily. I lifted my head and looked at the clock; it was just past noon.

“She’s in on the spa thing,” Garrett chuckled. “And apparently Kylie convinced Pat to go, too.”

“I’m hungry,” I muttered, letting my head fall against his chest. “What’s today?”

“The fourteenth,” he answered, lightly rubbing my back.

“Already?” I whined. “That means I leave in two weeks.” I frowned and I felt him tense slightly.

“Why?” he asked curiously.

“My cousin is getting married,” I muttered. I tried to think of a way to get out of it.

“Where?”

“New Jersey,” I sighed. “And I’m supposedly supposed to have a date or something… I can’t remember what she said.”

“I’ll be your date,” he offered, smiling.

“Mikki and John are coming, too.”

“What everybody goes? Then it’ll be a party,” he chuckled.

“I’m spending a week at home, too,” I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter makes me happy. And sad. Well... It's Garrett. Definitely more happy than sad.
Its one in the morning, I have cramps, and I want Subway.

Thank Kylie for inspiring me to write.
And while you're at it, ask her to write me a one shot involving Garrett, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. ;]

Check out my other stories and one shots while you're waiting for the next update on this. It should be ready within a couple days. I'll post it sooner depending on how many comments I get. ;]

With that being said, please comment.

Sincerely,
Lizz.

PS Nighty night. I'm gonna go dream about Garrett. ;]