Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Fourteen

I found it awkward that I only knew the people at the reception that I came with; aside from my cousin and her new husband. I made my way to Kristina and congratulated her; then left to find Garrett.

“Garrett, do you mind taking me to the hotel and then the airport? I’m leaving in a few hours,” I asked him after I found him talking to Jared.

“Sure,” he answered. “I’ll see you guys later; tell the guys where I went.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked me to one of the rental cars that we’d gotten. I took off the strappy heels I’d been forced to wear when we got outside.

“Thanks, Garrett,” I smiled.

He nodded but didn’t say anything. I wondered what was on his mind. He unlocked the car and we got in. The ride to the hotel was quiet and slightly awkward, but I couldn’t figure out why. I changed quickly and left the dress on the bed for Mikki to pack and take home with her. I tied my Converse as Garrett came in wearing jeans and a hoodie.

“Before we go,” he started. “I… have to ask you something.” He seemed nervous. I stood after I tied my shoes.

“Kay, what is it?” I grabbed my bag from the bed.

“Erm, will you be my, uh, girlfriend?”

I blushed. “I… Um…” I stammered. “Yes?” He smiled and kissed me before grabbing my bag.

“Alright, let’s go; before you’re late.” He chuckled.

“I hate airports,” I frowned as we walked down the hallway.

He laughed. “You seem to spend a lot of time at them, lately,” he pointed out.

I shrugged. “I blame my family.”

The ride seemed long and lonely without my human pillow. Then, my bag—my only bag—got lost at the airport and my mom wasn’t there to pick me up. I had to call a taxi and have them drive me two hours away to my parent’s house. I paid the man when we finally got there. The house looked exactly the same. White paint on the barn shaped house, five cars either in the driveway or parked on the road, the three blue chairs on the front porch by the brown ramp.

I knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes. Nobody answered; but all the cars were there, so I figured they should be home. I found the key under one of the potted plants lining the edge of the porch and unlocked the door. I gasped in horror at the sight of my mom, stepdad, and grandmother on the floor in a pile, surrounded by a pool of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! They're together!
Poor Merrick, finding her family like that. :[

The next chapter is kinda sad too. And the one after that. And probably the one after that. But I haven't gotten that far, so I'm in no position to say.

Comment so I'll update sooner. ;]

Sincerely,
Lizz