Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Sixteen

“Are you sure?” Garrett asked, holding me against him. People walked around us, busy getting to their flights or leaving. Honestly, I didn’t want Garrett to go back just yet; but I knew that he had to get ready for tour. It wasn’t fair of me to keep him away from his life just because I had to stay for a while.

“Yeah,” I whispered in a broken voice. “I’ll come back as soon as possible.” It was a promise I was not going to break. Kylie had volunteered to fly out and keep me company. She’d be here within twenty minutes if her flight was on schedule.

The intercom came on and called his flight. “I’ll see you soon,” he whispered before he kissed me. My cheeks burned and I mumbled a goodbye before he left. I found a bench by a wall and waited for Kylie to appear. I was still uncomfortable around so many people.

“Merrick!” Kylie exclaimed. I jumped up and hugged her, grateful that I finally knew somebody within a ten foot radius. “Let’s go.” There was something that I wasn’t going to argue with. I led her out to the blue Dodge Neon I hadinherited acquired. I put her bags into the trunk and we left.

She messed with the few CDs that were in the car before she decided that we would be listening to Paramore. Apparently, she didn’t feel the need to talk; and I wasn’t going to object. I drove to the house that had belonged to my Grandma—the house that I didn’t find my family in. I popped the trunk and got Kylie’s bags, taking them into the house with me.

“Wow, this is nice,” she mused as she looked around. “Where do I sleep?”

“Guest room down the hall and to the right. There’s TV, internet, and I’m pretty sure that the tub is brand new,” I told her. She laughed. “If you need me—I’ll be having a nightmare or two in that room.” I pointed in the direction of the biggest bedroom and told her where everything else was before I disappeared into the room.

“Come on,” Kylie pleaded. “Please?” She took a bite of a blueberry muffin.

My plate was still completely full. I halfway wondered if I could convince Kylie to look the other way while I snuck my food to my Mom’s dog, Max. “No,” I answered in a monotone.

“Merrick Zane Bradley!” she exclaimed.

I looked up. “How did you know my middle name?” I asked.

“Mikayla,” she answered. “Please, Merrick. It’ll be good for you.”

I shrugged. “I have no choice.”

She smiled. “Yay! Be ready in fifteen minutes.” I got up and walked to my room. I searched through my closet and grabbed a pair of baggy jeans and a Glamour Kills shirt; I quickly dressed myself and left the room after putting on my purple Converse.

“I’m ready,” I mumbled as Kylie came out.

“Good.”

“This isn’t necessary,” I told her.

“It’s completely necessary!” Kylie exclaimed.

“I didn’t need a haircut,” I whined.

“I can see your roots,” Kylie smirked. I grimaced. Okay, so maybe I was a little overdue for getting my hair done. I decided to go back to my natural color. Mikki had been bugging me to since I went red, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why am I not getting comments? Do you not love me for finally updating regularly? I won't update if I don't get comments. I don't have to. I could very easily delete this.

Eight AM is not a happy time for me. But my puppy had to go out. Garrett is now covered in mud; he just got a bath last night, too. Dammit.

Anyway, I have to go do stuff. So comment.

Sincerely,
Lizz