Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Eighteen

“This is your new home, Max,” I said, finally pulling into the driveway.

“MERRICK!” Mikki exclaimed. She ran down the stairs and got to the car before I could even get out. I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug once seconds after she pulled the door open.

She walked around the car and clipped Max’s leash to his collar, then walked inside the house with me. I carried my two small bags and dropped them on the floor after getting inside. “It feels like nobody lives here anymore,” I muttered.

“Well,” Mikki said, unclipping the leash. Reid ran in the room and barked, wagging her tail. She ran up to Max and sniffed him. “I kinda moved out…”

“WHAT?!” I shrieked.

“Well, John… and… He pouted, okay?!” Her cheeks were bright pink. “But don’t worry. Your new roommate is really sweet.”

“Oh lord. I’m going to die aren’t I? She’s some psycho bitch that worships the devil! I just know it!” Being the overdramatic person that I am, I fell to the floor. Max and Reid ran over and licked my face, causing me to giggle. “Why did you get big, Reid?” I picked her up and pet her. She barked her squeaky bark and wagged her tail.

“Actually, your roommate is out of town right now,” she answered with a knowing smirk. I rolled my eyes. “And since when are you so perceptive? You never would’ve noticed that I didn’t live here if it were like two months ago.” Maybe she was right. I was too perceptive now.

I just shrugged.”Will you please just tell me who the hell I’m living with?”

Mikki and Jane occupied the couches as we watched Meet the Fockers. Max laid on the floor and I used him as a pillow. Reid curled up by Max’s large head. “Honey, I’m home!” The door opened and Garrett outstretched his arms with a huge smile.

“Mikki, you mean to tell me that for the past four weeks since I came home that Garrett was who I live with now?”

“Oh look, it’s time for me to go! Because if Garrett is back, that means that John is back!” Mikki exclaimed, jumping up from the couch and leaving.

“Is it… dinner time already?” Jane asked. “Looks like I have to go. Bye, Merrick! Bye, Garrett!” She, too, jumped up and left.

Garrett smiled. “She wouldn’t tell you?”

“Let’s just put it this way, I spent at least a week trying to boobytrap my room. And every time I succeeded, Mikki came in and set the trap off. I thought some psycho lived here now,” I giggled. He sat on the floor beside me. “And to find out it was just you.” I smiled as I sat up and he pulled me into his lap.

“No welcome home?” he asked, pouting.

I giggled again and pressed my lips to his. “Welcome home, Garrett,” I whispered. He smiled and rubbed my back. “I missed you.” I pecked his lips again. “I have a question.”

He chuckled. “Go ahead.”

“So, when I got home… my… our room was a mess. Was that because of you?”

He smiled. “Probably.” He got up, picking me up, and carried me tomy our room. He set me on the bed and chuckled as I threw a pillow at him. I pulled up the covers and crawled under. I heard Garrett’s laughter as I was pinned to the bed. I pulled the blanket down and was met with the most adorable grin.

“Name something you always wanted to do,” he said, lightly kissing me after. I thought for a minute.

“Well… I kinda always wanted to be kissed in the rain.”

He smiled before he jumped up and ran into the bathroom. I heard him turn on the water and was curious, so I crawled out of bed and went into the bathroom. He pulled his cell and wallet out of his jeans and set them on the sink counter before stepping into the shower. “Come here,” he commanded. I stepped closer. He laughed as he held out his hand. I eyed him curiously, but put my hand in his. He pulled me in and laughed when the water hit me.

“It’s cold!” I whined. “Why is it so cold?” The water soaked through my light shirt, revealing my black lace bra.

“Well, the rain isn’t warm, now is it, silly?” he asked. I was drenched and freezing.

“I… don’t… understand.” He smiled as he kissed me, the water hitting us both.

“Do I still have to explain?” he asked softly as he caressed my cheek. I blushed and shook my head. I brushed his wet hair out of his face and brushed my lips against his.

“Garrett, I’m not a big fan of getting sick. I’m getting out.” He smiled and shook his head as I stepped out. I took off my wet shirt and boxers, throwing them into the tub before grabbing a towel and starting to dry myself. I kept the towel wrapped around myself as I found an oversized shirt. I slipped off my panties and changed into a dry pair after pulling on the shirt. I took off the soaking bra as Garrett walked around me.

“So complicated,” he muttered. He grabbed a pair of boxer-briefs and walked back into the bathroom to change.

“Complicated, huh?” I asked, dropping the lace bra to the floor. He stared at the small pile of fabric, his cheeks turning a shade of light pink.

“Yeah, complicated,” he smirked. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me and kissed my neck.

“Well, if I’m so complicated, then I’m gonna go finish my movie with the doggies,” I smirked. I turned and kissed his cheek before leaving the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized how often I skip large periods of time in this story. xD
Sorry if it confuses you.

I got lots of comments on chapter 17; that made me very happy! :D
Continue to make me happy. ;]

Ahh!! I went to the high school football game last night. They almost won! Our team lost by one point. But remember, I only go to support the band-- who were far more amazing than the football team. ;]
I got to see all my friends and talked to somebody that makes me very happy.

Comment.

Sincerely,
Lizz