Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Twenty

One Month Later
Garrett’s Point of View


It didn’t surprise me much when I rolled over and Merrick wasn’t there. She’d been so distant lately… To say that it concerned me would be an understatement, but I tried not to let her see how much it made me panic. The sheets were cold so she’d obviously left a while ago. I climbed out of bed and looked around—the room looked exactly the same.

I took a quick shower before going downstairs. Max laid on the floor in front of the door; he looked at me with sad eyes when I walked over to let him out. Reid barked once, but it wasn’t her usual bark. I halfway wondered if I was missing something.

Then, I saw it. Taped to the door was a note.

Garrett, I’m sorry for this. But I have to leave. I’m not telling you where I’m going because I don’t want you to get hurt. I’d explain everything if I could, but believe me, it’s better that you don’t know. You can do whatever you want with my stuff—or let Mikayla come and take what she wants. I love you. Merrick.

“Very funny, Merrick!” I shouted. I looked around and still didn’t see her, so I looked outside and her car was gone. “Fuck,” I whimpered. I ran to grab the phone, dialing her number. I hung up when I heard her phone ringing.

The phone rang in my hand as I fell on the couch. I managed to answer and mumble a hello. “Garrett, are you okay? I just heard…” Kennedy’s worried voice came through.

“I love her,” I murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!

Sorry for ending it without any warning whatsoever. But look on the bright side, there's a wonderful sequel coming if you click right here. I'm working on a layout and description for it after I post this.

So anyway, I met Garrett Nickelsen a few days ago... He was really awesome.

Thanks so much for reading this story. :]
And commenting.
And subscribing.
And sometimes waiting ridiculously long periods of time for a crappy update.

XOX
Sincerely,
Lizz