Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Four

“Oh my god! Are you okay?” Mikayla asked as she ran into the small curtained off space in the emergency room. A nurse shushed her.

“I’m fine,” I sighed. “Just sore.”

“What happened?” she demanded.

“Car crash,” I muttered. I just knew she would make a big deal out of this. She hugged me tightly.

“I’m just glad you’re okay!”

“My car is totaled though,” I pouted. The doctor came into the slightly crowded space.

“Miss Bradley, you were very lucky tonight. You have no broken bones and all your tests came back fine. Take some Tylenol if you’re in pain. Give these to the lady at the front desk and have her make a follow-up appointment with your regular physician.” The doctor handed me a bunch of papers then released me.

Mikayla made me take two Tylenol when we got home. Then she proceeded to call everybody and invite them over while I was changing into a pair of gray sweatpants and an oversized Avenged Sevenfold hoodie. I was starting to feel the bruises from my seatbelt by the time I was slowly going down the stairs.

“Mikki,” I mumbled as I walked into the kitchen.

“Huh?”

“Will you make me soup, please?” I asked quietly. She nodded and got out a pot. I sat on the floor in the corner near the fridge. The doorbell rang and she went to answer it. I laid down against the cool hardwood floor and let my eyes slide closed.

I heard hushed whispers and then shoes clunking against the floor. “Is she okay?” somebody whispered.

“I’m fine,” I mumbled.

“Merrick?” Kennedy asked. I opened my eyes and saw him coming over to pick me up. I groaned quietly as I was carried into the living room and placed on the beige couch. “Comfy?”

I nodded. “Thanks.” I had a feeling they were talking about something in the kitchen—something they didn’t want me to know about. Mikayla stormed in a few minutes later and pointed at Kennedy.

“You! You knew! Why?!”

“What?” he asked. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him into the kitchen, leaving me alone in the dim living room. I couldn’t understand what they were saying in there—they were too quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
That makes two cliff hangers in a row. Please refrain from killing me. :]

Comment, please.

Sincerely,
Lizz