Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Five

I got fired three days later for no apparent reason. But I was fine with it—I didn’t like working anyway. So I decided to spend the day shopping with Kennedy—Garrett was “busy”. Actually, it wasn’t really shopping; we just walked around the mall.

“Look! A candy store!” I squealed as I pointed towards a sign.

He laughed. “You don’t need candy.”

“Psh,” I muttered. “So why couldn’t Garrett come, again?”

Kennedy hesitated and pulled me towards a bench. “He had some… issues he needed to resolve.”

“Like?” I asked. Partially because I absolutely adored his voice, partially because I was curious. He took a deep breath then quickly said something that I didn’t understand.

*

“Awe, why are you packing clothing?” Mikki asked as she opened the door to my room.

“Going to visit the parents,” I shrugged. “They’ve been bugging me nonstop since the day I moved out.”

“But don’t they live in like New Jersey or something like that?”

I turned and rolled my eyes. “Tennessee,” I reminded her.

“Oh,” she mumbled. I turned and closed my suitcase. “When are you coming back?”

“Three days after tomorrow,” I said as I grabbed my bag and set it on the floor.

She sniffled. “You’re running away forever, aren’t you?”

“Mikayla, be serious! I love it here! I wouldn’t move back there unless I had to,” I said before I hugged her.

“Okay,” she grinned.

“It’s too early,” Mikki groaned. It was two-thirty in the morning and she already had three energy drinks and a cookie.

“Then let me drive,” John mumbled. He had been forced to spend the night, wake up, and sit in the back seat.

“No!” she shouted.

I rolled my eyes. “Can you please pull into a parking space?”

“Fine,” Mikki sighed. “But you have to promise you’re going to come back.”

“I promise,” I sighed and she finally pulled into a parking space.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter I am posting until I am back next Monday (8/24). I'll be choosing who is going to be in it then. If I don't pick you, I'm terribly sorry and I'll make it up to you with a one shot. How does that sound? :]

Anyway, its like one in the morning here and I have a chapter to write for another story. And a one shot. Two one shots, actually.

So comment.
And I'll be back next week with another chapter! :D

Sincerely,
Lizz