Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Seven

The sound of Simple Plan’s “Welcome to My Life” blared through my speakers on repeat as I cleaned my room. I sat under my desk when I was finished. I’d finally turned the music off, due to a headache, so I heard when there was a knock on my door.

“Come in,” I called. The door opened and I looked over to see Garrett.

“Why are you under your desk?” he asked, cocking his head to the side.

“I have a headache,” I mumbled. “Why are you in my room?”

“You said come in,” he said with a grin. “Can we talk?”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” I grumbled as I crawled out from under my desk and left the room. “Mikki, I’m going for a walk!” I slid on my Vans and walked out the front door. He followed me.

“Please, Merrick. I have some explaining to do,” he pleaded.

“Start explaining,” I muttered, slowing down so that he was beside me. I let him talk and explain everything that he wanted to explain. We were now sitting on the front steps of the house.

So what if I forgave him for everything to easily? So what if he currently had a girlfriend who refused to take no for an answer? I was content with his arm around my shoulder while I read on the couch.

He looked over at my laptop and chuckled. “What are you reading?”

“Fan fiction,” I answered as I continued reading.

“About?”

“Alex Gaskarth,” I grinned. “He’s cute.”

Garrett snorted. “What’s so special about him?”

I shrugged. “Nothing if you ask me. But I like the story.”

“What’s it called?” he asked. “And what’s it about?”

“It’s called Swim or Drown? And it’s a typical girl loves guy, guy is an asshole type of story. Now can I please finish in peace?”

He laughed. “I don’t see how that’s so interesting.”

“The one about you was more interesting,” I shrugged with a grin.

“You read fan fictions about me?” he smirked.

I shrugged. “There was nothing else to do. I ran out of Zacky Vengeance stories.” I sighed.

“So I… was plan B..?” he asked slowly.

I nodded. “Yup, because Zacky is amazing.”

“And I’m not?” I slowly closed my laptop and put it on the coffee table. Then, I turned to look at him and drew in a deep breath before screaming and running to my room. I slammed the door when I heard him chasing me then ran to my bed and climbed under the covers.

“Merrick!” he exclaimed as he pounced on the bed and straddled me.

“Garrett!” I shouted. “You’re vibrating.”

I pulled the covers down as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He was still straddling me. “What is it?” he grumbled. He waited for a response. “No, Kylie, I’m hanging out with Merrick.”

“You’re smothering Merrick,” I corrected.

He rolled his eyes at me, but smiled. “No, I won’t be back for a while. Tell her I’m busy.” Another silence while he waited. “Put Pat on the phone.”

I squirmed around under him until he sat on my waist. I playfully glared at him. “Pat, distract Amber for me. I don’t care what you say; just leave Merrick out of it.” There was a shorter silence. “Thanks, man. Later.” He hung up and put his phone back in his pocket.

“Cheater,” I accused.

“I broke up with her a month ago. She refuses to listen!” he insisted.

“I know. It would be cheating if anything actually happened between us.” I pulled the blanket back over my head. “Now get off me. It’s naptime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I've been really busy; I got a new puppy and he's really a handful. His name is Garrett. xD
Comments motivate me. ;]

Sincerely,
Lizz