Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Eight

“MERRICK!” Mikki exclaimed, running in through the front door and sliding through the living room. She crashed into the wall before she ran over and jumped onto the couch next to me. “I have big news!”

“You got better insurance for yourself?” I joked.

She rolled her eyes. “Be serious, Merrick!” Jane walked in through the front door and watched Mikayla cause a small scene.

“Are you going to tell her or not?” Jane asked with a smile. Her blonde hair fell into her green eyes

“Rumor has it—” Mikki started, but I cut her off.

“I don’t want anything to do with any rumors of any sort,” I said, before covering my ears and walking outside.

“You’re no fun!” Mikki shouted.

Jane followed; she easily kept pace with me. “It’s not a rumor—Mikayla just wanted to make things more interesting,” Jane said as I tugged the short sleeves of my Avenged Sevenfold shirt.

“Go ahead,” I muttered, watching my gray Converse as I walked. It annoyed me that the frayed edges of my shorts were tickling my knees but I ignored it. “It’s not like I won’t hear it again anyway—whatever it is…”

“Amber has a new boy-toy so she’s leaving Garrett alone!” Jane exclaimed. I shrugged trying to seem indifferent. “Oh come on, you have to be more excited than that! The only rumor part was that he was going to ask you on a date!”

My cheeks turned a shade of pink. “I don’t date,” I reminded her. I absently turned the charm bracelet on my left wrist.

“Why not? You’re gorgeous! Guys drool over you!” she protested. She stopped me and stared at my wrist, slowly cocking her head to the side. “Where did you get that bracelet?” I shrugged again, not wanting to admit that Garrett had given it to me the day before. “Spit it out!”

“Garrett,” I muttered. “Something about representing our friendship.” I shrugged again before I turned and started walking back towards home.

Jane squealed. “He really does like you!” She clapped and she skipped ahead. I rolled my eyes.

I sat on the chair at my desk—with each of my wrists handcuffed to the armrests—and watched as Mikki rummaged through my closet. “This is ridiculous,” I whined.

“No its not,” Mikki sang. “What do you think of this?” She held up a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple halter.

“It’s better than your last suggestion of a wedding gown,” I snorted.

Jane giggled. “She’s already planning your wedding.”

I rolled my eyes. “I know,” I sighed. Mikki skipped out of my closet and tossed the clothing on my bed before returning to the closet.

“And this hat,” she said as she held my precious black fedora. She looked through my collection of shoes for several minutes. “And these!” Her face lit up as she picked up the silver shoes that she’d bought me for Christmas. I groaned.

“She’s trying to kill me, Jane,” I croaked.

“Time for hair and makeup,” Jane grinned as she spun my chair to face the opposite direction. I groaned again as she picked up the curling iron.

“Curls?” I asked. “You’re kidding me.”

I whined the whole time that Mikayla and Jane made me be their life-sized Barbie doll. By the time they were done, my eyes were lined with black, my lips were stained red, the curls in my hair were loose and bouncy; my back was exposed and my feet were covered by my favorite pair of Vans.

They unwillingly unlocked the handcuffs and let me up. “I don’t even see why you went through all this,” I muttered, looking at my reflection in the mirror. And then the doorbell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
I adore this chapter.

I feel the need to not post unless I get about five more comments. Comments are motivation for me. If I'm not motivated, there's no story. Motivate me.

Check out my other stories if you get bored. Feel free to comment them too. ;]

Sincerely,
Lizz