Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Finished. :]

I'll Leave It at "You Amaze Me"

Nine

“I am not going down there,” I protested as I tilted my hat.

“Jane, don’t let her leave!” Mikki instructed before she ran out the door.

“Damn you people!” I groaned. I tilted my head back slightly and held out my hands, crossing my wrists over one another so she could handcuff me again. I opened my eyes after nothing happened; then Jane smirked before handcuffing my wrists together. She held the chain and dragged me towards the door. “NO!”

“Come on, I’ll even take them off when we get downstairs,” Jane promised. I grudgingly followed, and as promised, Jane unlocked the handcuffs when I got off the bottom step. I looked up to see Garrett smiling.

“Wow; you look great, Merrick,” he said as Jane pushed me towards him.

“Have her home by morning,” Mikki said as I blushed. He held the door open for me, causing Jane and Mikki to squeal as we left. He opened the car door for me and closed it after I’d gotten in. He walked around the front of the car and got in.

When he started the car, music filled the silence. “Where are we going?” I asked as we waited at a red light.

He grinned. “Amusement park.” I smiled; I loved amusement parks. I loved the thrill of going on roller coasters even though I was scared of heights. I loved the bright lights and crowded spaces.More than anything, I loved that I was getting to go with Garrett.

“I wanna go on that!” I squealed as I pointed. The amusement park wasn’t very active tonight, which meant we weren’t spending hours waiting in line.

Garrett laughed as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “I’ll only go on it with you if you promise that nobody finds out about it.” I grinned and nodded before running to the Marry-Go-Round. I ran to a zebra and hopped on its back as Garrett laughed in amusement. He got on the zebra next to mine and shook his head as I bounced up and down excitedly.

“Do you never run out of energy?” Garrett laughed as I skipped ahead to get an ice cream.

“Maybe,” I grinned as I stopped at the stand. “I want a chocolate cone with two scoops.” I smiled as I waited for my ice cream. Garrett came up from behind and paid before I had a chance to get my wallet out. “Yay! Thank you, Garrett!” I licked my ice cream and started to walk to a table to sit but was picked up bridal style before I could get very far. I giggled. “Hi, Garrett; you know… there are easier ways to get my attention.”

My cheeks flushed red when I realized how close our faces were. “Do I get some ice cream?” he asked.

“But you said you didn’t want any,” I whined as he carried me towards the car. I wondered what time it was.

“I paid for it,” he protested.

“Fine,” I sighed. “But you have to leave my ice cream alone after.”

“Deal,” he grinned. I let him lick the ice cream before stealing it back. He set me on my feet when we were close to the car. Again, he opened the door for me and closed it once I was in. The drive home didn’t seem very long after I finished my ice cream.

He walked me up the stairs and stopped at the front door. I realized I didn’t know how to thank him for the wonderful date. I blushed and stared at my feet. “Thanks for going with me,” he said. I looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and pecked my lips. “Goodnight, Merrick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking forever to get this posted.
I think you should comment because it took a long time to write. ;]

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a couple one shots and another date to write.

Sincerely,
Lizz