So Sacrifice Yourself, and Let Me Have What's Left

Figuring it Out

Brian gave me a concerned and sympathetic look as he walked into his small kitchen in his home as I took the waffles out of the toaster, placing them on a plate, and giving them to Zacky, who smiled in return and hungrily took a bite out of one of them before I made a plate for myself. I had a feeling that Brian knew that something had happened last night; he just wasn’t sure of what it was. And, knowing Brian, he was going to make his thoughts perverted in every way possible.

“What was up with all the screaming last night?” Brian smirked, eyeing me suspiciously. He then looked at Zacky and slapped his arm playfully. “I told you if you’re gonna fuck her then do it while I’m not here! I have to sleep too, you know.”

Zacky rolled his eyes away from Brian as he took another bite of his waffle. He then looked at me, and winked. I sighed, knowing what that wink meant. “Sorry man, I couldn’t help myself.”
Brian’s eyes widened. He definitely wasn’t expecting Zacky to play along. He looked at me, and I shrugged, a slight smirk playing on my lips. Brian’s mouth dropped as he looked at Zacky. “You better have used fucking protection.” He said, and I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. “The last thing I want is another little Baker running around here and tearing up everything.”

I laughed under my breath as Brian swatted Zacky upside the head, and Zacky asking him what it was for. Brian shrugged, and Zacky hit Brian on the shoulder. I rolled my eyes as the two got into a playful fight, with Brian painfully winning, as I put two more waffles into the toaster. I could tell this was one of Brian’s favorite breakfasts, considering he ate waffles almost every day. I watched the two continue to fight as they wrestled each other to the ground. I was trying to get my mind off of school, considering that was the last place I wanted to go to today. I didn’t want to be away from Zacky and in the same building as his girlfriend that he was now technically cheating on with me. I was happy that I only had lunch with Gena, and no one said that I was forced to sit with her. But still, she was probably going to be expecting me to sit with her, and, if she was still in a fight with that one girl from my first day of school, she would be sitting in the hallway. I guess I was just going to have to wait until lunch to find out.

“Ugh! Why the hell did you get lip rings? You bleed too easily thanks to them.” Brian gagged, wiping a bit of blood that had fallen on his arm. I looked at Zacky, and Brian was right. There was a bit of red forming around his left lip ring as Zacky laughed at Brian’s attempt. I guess Zacky was used to his lip bleeding like this, because he didn’t seem to be in pain.

Zacky looked at me, and smiled. I smiled back as he walked over to me once he noticed I was done with my breakfast. “We don’t want you to be late for school!” he said with mock enthusiasm, causing me to laugh quietly. He placed his arm around my lower back as he looked at Brian, who was eating the waffles I had laid out for him. “I’m taking Ace to school. I’ll be right back.” He said. Brian nodded, not looking at either one of us as he ate his breakfast in peace, and Zacky led me out of Brian’s house.

The ride was pretty quiet, as it always is, but it wasn’t as awkward like all the other times Zacky was driving me somewhere. Neither one of us was in denial about doing something, like the first time we kissed. We were just quiet. That’s how we both were.

I was looking out the window, watching all the houses we passed, until I felt something warm touch my hand. I looked down to see Zacky’s hand placed on top of mine, and I looked at him. He didn’t show any emotion signaling about his hand on top of mine as he looked forward, keeping his eyes on the road. I smiled a bit wider than usual, and laced my fingers with his. I looked at him to see the smile creeping upon his lips. I liked being like this with Zacky. I liked being his, but I knew that it would take some doing for me to be officially called that. One heart needed to be broken and shattered into little pieces, which was something neither Zacky nor I wanted to see.

Zacky pulled to a slow stop as he parked in the student parking lot instead of dropping me off where the parents drop their kids off. I started to unbuckle my seat belt, unlacing my fingers with his, and gather my things before Zacky stopped me by grabbing my arm gently. I looked at him, and I saw sincerity in his eyes. “Kiss me.”

My brows furrowed at his words. I couldn’t think of what he meant by that other than what those words meant. “Wh-what?” I stuttered, looking at him with disbelief.

Zacky smiled. “I need something to get me through this day away from you.” he said softly, causing my heart to flip. “Kiss me.” he repeated, and I had to obey.

I saw the smirk appearing on his lips as I leaned closer to him. I thought of back to my first day, when I realized that Gena was dating the god, and I thought of the very same smirk that was playing on his lips when she kissed him that was now appearing on Zacky’s lips as I kissed him. I knew that this meant that I now meant more to Zacky than Gena did. This couldn’t be good. Zacky held the kiss as I felt myself melt the way I always did when I was around him, and then I had to pull away when I heard the bell ring for letting students know that it was time to start making their way towards their classrooms.

“Have a good day.” Zacky smiled sweetly at me. I felt my cheeks redden as he placed his hand on my cheek, acknowledging me. I forced myself to leave him before I went crazy and said my goodbyes to him and got out of his car.

The one thing I hate about school is, when I’m completely and utterly bored, there’s nothing to do to make me think about other things that don’t involve that perfect god. I could not stop thinking about last night’s events when he woke me up from my nightmare. I couldn’t think about what he had told me, and how he was the one that had put me in danger. I couldn’t think that there was something wrong with him. He was perfect in my eyes, and I had kissed those perfect plush lips, and felt those cold lip rings against mine. My lips began to tingle at the memory. I wanted to be with him completely, but I knew I couldn’t. Zacky didn’t want to hurt Gena, which is understandable, and I just had to let things happen on their own. Zacky did want me, at least I knew that much, but he didn’t want to hurt the Perfect One. I then thought about Johnny, and how he told me he saw my coming. I began to desperately want to know what exactly he saw. He wanted me to be with Zacky as well, and he didn’t like Gena because she got in the way. I wished that I had met Zacky sooner, before him and Gena got together, because if I did I would probably be called the Perfect One by everyone. I saw the ways girls looked at Zacky, and then at Gena. I wanted to be the one they envied. I wanted to be the Perfect One. Not just to Zacky, but to everyone else as well.

“Miss Owens if you would pay attention then perhaps you would be passing this class.” Mr. DiCaro said over his shoulder as he noticed I was lost in my thoughts once he was done writing on the board.

“Sorry.” I mumbled, picking up my pen and scribbling all of the notes he had written on the white board. I tried to listen as Mr. DiCaro began to explain his geometry lesson he had planned for today, but I just couldn’t. Geometry definitely wasn’t my thing, nor did I care for learning it, but I had to make good grades. I wanted to get into a good college, so I had to be in my top ten percent at least. I cursed in my head for thinking about Zacky constantly, and hoped that this class period wasn’t as long as it seemed.

The day ran through a blur for me, thanks to me being so unbelievably tired and exhausted from lack of sleep for the past two days, and also I could not get Zacky out of my mind. Everything that I did or happened around me got me thinking of him, and I couldn’t help myself to think it. I felt like I did the first time I had met him, when he was the only thing running through this empty space I call a head. But this time was different. I knew Zacky, and not only did I like him, but he liked me, too. We’ve already slept in the same bed and shared a kiss, and all of my wildest dreams of him have almost come true. There were only two more things that had happened only in my dreams instead of reality. One, for me to be his, and not Gena, and two, well, you can pretty much guess with the way I think.

I walked with the sea of students as we all made our way to the cafeteria, and I looked for that sandy blonde haired girl that was leaning against the brick wall on my first day of school. Sure enough, there was the Perfect One, looking as perfect as ever, leaning against the wall and looking through the kids that passed her. Our eyes met, and she beamed her perfect smile as I stopped walking once I was beside her.

“How’s your day?” Gena asked as we both started walking towards the cafeteria along with everyone else.

I shrugged, waiting in the line for pizza with Gena as I watched the lunch lady place a fresh place of cheese pizza onto the table. I thought about when I was with Johnny at the mall, and how this pizza can’t possibly be as good as the kind in the food court. I would definitely have to have Johnny take me back sometime. “It’s going okay, I guess, yours?” I said, picking up a piece with a spatula in the shape of a triangle and placing it on my napkin.

Gena nodded as she followed my actions, only with pepperoni pizza. She then shrugged like I had done. “I guess it was alright. I’ve spent most of the time thinking, though.” She said quietly, but I still heard her.

I gave her a slightly confused look once I showed the lady from my first day of school the food I was getting, and waited as Gena followed suit. She saw my expression, and explained. “I’ll tell you when we sit down.” she said, and I walked beside her back out of the cafeteria.

We sat down in the empty hallway beside each other. I placed my pizza and Gatorade on the right side of me and my purse on the other. Gena sat down beside me on the right side so when I took a bite of my pizza it was easy to look at her. I waited for her to say something, knowing better than to push this kind of thing. She sounded pretty down, so I knew something had to be up.

“I think he’s cheating on me.” Gena said quietly, causing my heart to stop beating. I knew exactly who she was talking about, and what she meant by it. I didn’t say anything. I knew that she wasn’t done. “He seems to be separating himself from me. I can’t make up anything other than him seeing another girl.” She then looked at me, and I returned the look, telling her that I was listening. I could see the hurt in her face and I could hear it in her voice. “You saw him yesterday, right? When we were all at the mall?” she asked, and I nodded, not so sure of where she was going with this. “Well, before I showed up, was he acting funny?” I shook my head side to side, and Gena sighed, taking a small bite of her pizza.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. I knew that eventually it had to, but I didn’t think it would be so soon. I didn’t want to lose a friend like Gena. She was nice to me, and she was the first person who showed that she cared. I was debating whether to tell her or not. If I told her now, perhaps she wouldn’t be as angry as she would’ve been had she found out by someone else. I saw her take a breath, and I had a feeling that the next thing she was going to say would end in a bad note.

“My friend said that she saw him take a girl to school this morning.” Gena stated, her voice barely above a whisper. The words ‘shit’ and ‘fuck’ ran through my mind a few times. “And, before she got out, she…kissed him.” I could hear the pain that Gena went through talking about her boyfriend kissing another girl. I knew which girl this was, considering she was me, and more curse words began to run through my mind as Gena continued. “Ugh, you think I would’ve noticed? I knew something was wrong when we were at the mall. He wasn’t talking, like, at all. It was like he was in another world.” Gena sniffed, and I looked at her. My eyes widened at the sight of her eyes getting a bit misty. “He wouldn’t even look at me half the time we were together that day. He was always staring into space, like he was trying to listen in on someone else’s conversation.” I thought back to the time Johnny and I had spent together. Johnny told me that Zacky wanted to know if I talked about him, could it be that’s what he was reading Johnny’s mind when he was ‘staring into space’? I heard a small gasp come from Gena, and I looked back at her. My heart sank at the sight of her crying.

I knew that I had taken it too far. Matt’s words were now coming true. It wasn’t me that was going to get hurt, though, it was Gena. This was it. This was the part of the story that was unexpectedly going to turn sour. Gena would eventually find out who this mystery girl was, even though she was sitting right next to her. I had to talk to Zacky about this before Gena could. I had to warn him that she was aware of us, even though she didn’t know that I was involved. I felt terrible for her; even though I knew it was going to happen. I didn’t expect things to end up like this. I thought that maybe I wasn’t going to get as close as I had to Zacky, and that she was just going to find out that he liked me, not that we had already kissed and he had slept over two nights with me. This whole predicament has gotten way out of control. Thanks to me, Devin was dead. Thanks to me, Gena was hurt and heartbroken. Thanks to me, Cynthia, Danielle, and Leana had to live in grief without Devin. Thanks to me, I had put all of the peaceful city of Huntington Beach, California in danger of being ripped to shreds by the Kingdom and the Lycans in hopes of finding and killing The Forbidden One, which was me. Thanks to me, Zacky was in some deep shit.

Gena ran her index finger across the bottom rim of her eye, wiping the tears that were now decreasing in their spills, and doing the same for her other eye. She looked at me, and it pained me to see how red and puffy her face had gotten. “Thanks for trying not to know everything.” She whispered. “I just needed to get it out, is all.” She smiled slightly, even though I still felt terrible. “What do you think I should do?” she asked, and I knew that I had to lie to survive.

I thought of the right words in my head, and was very proud of myself once I had thought of something. “I think that you shouldn’t confront him right away, and that you should see how he’s acting in a day or two. If he’s still weird and acting like he’s staring off into space, then ask him about it and tell him what your friend saw.” I knew that if I had a day to explain to Zacky about what was going on, he could make something up to get himself out of having Gena think he was a cheater, even if it was true.

Gena looked at me blankly, deciding whether to go with my plan or not. I was praying that she would. I needed to tell Zacky this before she confronted him about it. She sniffed, preventing any excess mucus to fall from her nose as her tears decreased in their flow. She looked away for a minute, and I could see how much this hurt her to think that her boyfriend was cheating on her. It wasn’t that much, actually, that Zacky and I had done. He’s only slept in the same bed as me for only two nights, and he’s only kissed me twice. That’s not so bad. But still, I can see why Gena’s taking it so hard. She’s perfect, so she must not be used to having guys want someone else besides her. “Y-you think th-that would w-work?” she hiccupped, trying her best to prevent any more tears to spill from her brown eyes.

I nodded, doing everything in my power to not let myself crack by lieing to a girl who’s had her heart broken at the thoughts of having her boyfriend cheating on her. It was hard to do, I’ll admit that. I wanted to tell her everything. But I couldn’t. That would put both me and Zacky in danger. “I think it’ll work. Then you’ll know for sure if he’s really cheating on you and you’re not just jumping to conclusions.” I shrugged slightly, taking the final bite of my pizza.

In the blur of being heartbroken, Gena realized that she still had some of her pizza left that was yet to be uneaten. She picked it up, taking a small bite in hopes of having her heart healed by the fats the pizza contained. I could see that she was doing everything in her power to keep the tears from falling, which only made about twenty more pounds of guilt fall against my shoulders. I had never realized how much this would hurt. I knew one of us was going to in the end, but I didn’t think it would be both of us. I hated seeing her so helpless and confused, and I only imagined the questions that were going through her head as she tried to come up with a reason for all of this. I knew she was blaming herself. She was probably thinking that she should’ve done certain things, or shouldn’t have done certain things. Maybe she was too dependent of him? Perhaps that’s what drove him away? Maybe she was too jealous of other girls that looked at him with lust in their eyes? Maybe she was too protective? Maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t thinking of when she invited the sad little antisocial suicidal girl with dark brown hair and never cared enough to care of what she looked like to others, and that she was too busy being loved by her boyfriend to notice that her boyfriend saw something in that poor suicidal little girl, and that that girl was the reason of why her boyfriend was cheating on her, because that girl made him whole, that girl made him feel ways that she could never make him feel, and that sad, belated baboon stalker little suicidal girl ended up being the person for her boyfriend, not her, but The Forbidden One.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this story got reported...again
for a reason that wasn't even true...again
i don't have any banners up on my summary page, do i? no, but i still get reported for it
i really hate that stupid reporting thing v.v'
it always makes me feel like shit ._.
but anyhoo, hope you liked this chapter, and i'm in a pretty sucky mood right now, so if you could comment and make me feel better, i'd be very happy :D