So Sacrifice Yourself, and Let Me Have What's Left

Ambush

As we walked through the huge doors that led into the VIP room, I felt Zacky’s arm drape down from my shoulders to my back and then to hang by his side. I looked at him oddly, asking him why he did that with my eyes. “He doesn’t want me touching you.” Zacky said quietly. “He knows about us, and is not the happiest of people when it comes to what we have.”

I nodded, understanding what he meant by that. I hoped that by meeting him he would at least explain as to why he wants me dead, and yet he also wants to know me. I understand that it’s a father’s duty to protect his daughter, but I don’t think it’s exactly the same concept when the father wants the daughter dead.

“He’s right through there. He might be talking to a few of his friends, so be patient around him.” the woman who revealed me said, stepping out of the way and showing us the VIP room. She walked through the doors, and made her way towards a group of people that were cluttered together as if they were trying to get a glimpse of someone.

The room looked about the same as the ballroom, only it had a few less lights to darken up the scenery. The women and men were dressed the same as the ones in the ballroom, and they all had an intimidating look with a smirk playing on their blood red lips. They were talking amongst themselves, and a few would glimpse at Zacky and I, but think nothing of it as they joined back into the conversation they were previously in. I guessed that he told them of my arrival, and that they were more than prepared to see The Forbidden One in the flesh.

Zacky and I journeyed farther into the room, and I moved closer to him, slightly afraid of what was about to happen to me. I feared that maybe this was a trick. Maybe this was an ambush to kill me. Maybe since Kala hasn’t done it yet, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He created me, meaning he can destroy me as well. Zacky snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me even closer to him. I looked to see that he had a serious look on his face, with his jade orbs glaring at any vampyres that possibly made eye-contact with him. There was something about this group that gave off this vibe of being dangerous instead of intimidating.

“My Lord,” I looked to see that the woman who revealed me was now standing right in front of me, blocking my view of the cluttered group that was not two feet in front of me. The group had quieted down in their conversations, and looked at the woman, not paying attention to me.

“Yes, Adrianna?” the pores in my skin lifted at the voice. It was clear as day with a dark, evil undertone as it shook the room. I was terrified just hearing it. The voice boomed with such force that it demanded everyone in the room’s attention. It was so deep and sinister that it seemed to have a sneer in it, almost as if it knew that I was terrified of it.

The woman, who I’m guessing is Adrianna, didn’t respond. Instead, she took a few steps to the side, gesturing backwards with her hand. She exposed me to the owner of the voice, and my eyes widened at the sight of him.

His silvery skin stuck to his bones as it shined in the lights that were exposed to him. His eyes were as black as coal, and they stared at me intently. His slick black hair was pulled back away from his long face that was aimed directly at mine. He wore a black buttoned shirt that covered his arms with the sleeves, and his hands escaped as they shined in the light, with his long fingers clutching his knee that was propped as it draped over his other leg, which were both covered by black pants. This man just screamed power, and it was prominent by how everyone was acting around him. They always had their bodies facing him, not once turning their backs on him. They were all sitting so their bodies were extended towards them and not someone else, even if they weren’t talking to him at the time. He sat in a large chair decorated with gold outlines with black cushions.

I could only imagine what I looked like to him. I wasn’t dressed like the invitation said, I was wearing so much makeup I most likely looked fake, and my knees were shaking slightly as I practically clung to Zacky for support. Zacky was glaring at him, and I knew why. This man wanted me dead, and Zacky wanted me alive. He had every reason to hate the man that half of him worshiped. We both stood in front of him, with only one of us knowing what to do, and he had a smirk appearing on his thin almost white lips. I’ve finally met him, and I was terrified of him.

I was standing right in front of my father.

He didn’t speak, he just stared at me. I knew he was trying to figure me out in some way, just as I was doing for him at that moment. He uncrossed his legs and pulled himself up. The minute he was on his feet everyone around him rose to their feet, looking at him and only him. He waved them off, gesturing for them to sit, and they obeyed. He walked towards me, and I could hear my heart thudding in my ears as he stood only a foot away from me. He didn’t once avert his gaze towards Zacky, no, he constantly kept his eyes locked with mine. “Candace.” The pores in my skin rose again at his voice. “My darling, is this really you?” he reached his hand out to touch me, and Zacky pulled me closer to him. My father looked at Zacky for the first time, an evil smirk playing on his face. “Perhaps we should talk outside? I’ve been waiting so long for this moment.” He said, turning his neck to look back at me.

“I think it would be best if I went with you.” I looked to see Zacky playing the glare up to its full potential as he struck daggers at my father’s forehead. Well, this sure is a great way to meet the parents, huh?

My father’s smirk grew as he looked back at Zacky. “Zachary, my son.” How did he know Zacky’s name? “Surely you wouldn’t want to disobey me? Have you forgotten that there is a part of you that I am the leader of? You’ve been around the Lycans for too long.” Way to sugarcoat those words, Dad.

Zacky was silent. He continued to glare at my father like there was no tomorrow, and I could hear a low growl shaking his throat. I had to stop this. There’s no way Zacky could take on all these vampyres at once. I ignored the fact that my father, the King of Vampyres, was right in front of me and placed my hand on Zacky’s chest. He looked down at me, and I gave him a look that said it all. Zacky sighed, letting his grip go around my waist. I kissed his cheek lightly, and wiped the gloss that had stuck. Zacky smiled slightly, as did I, and I turned to look at my father.

He was eyeing both of us suspiciously, looking from Zacky to me and back again. He obviously hadn’t realized that Zacky and I were in love with each other, and that we didn’t mind showing it in public. I then remembered the story of my birth, and I remembered how he used my mother just to get her pregnant with me. He had never experienced love, and he probably thought I would be the same. It probably never occurred to him that I would meet someone like Zacky, who made me happy just looking at him.

I smiled one more time at Zacky before turning to look at my father. He extended his arm out to me, and I linked mine with his. I could feel his cold skin under his jacket sleeve, and shivered slightly at the sudden change from Zacky’s warmth to Dracula’s coldness. He led me away from the room, and I could see that he was leading me towards two glass doors that led to a patio. He opened the doors, letting me walk through first. I smiled at his actions, and looked at the scenery around us.

All around was an endless forest. I could see nothing but treetops, and heard animal growls and cries as the full moon shined the vast forestry. I tried not to get scared at the sight of it, and told myself that nothing in the woods could hurt me as long as I was up here, with a room full of vampyres behind me and my father beside me. The full moon accompanied the endless amount of white stars piercing the black sky, shining everything that they possibly could, and I saw my father’s silvery skin shine brightly.

“I am happy you could make it tonight.” He spoke to me, but looked out into the forestlands that were being presented in front of us. “Do not worry about your choice of attire, I had a feeling you would want to rebel a bit.” He chuckled darkly, and my Goosebumps came back into view.

I didn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say. Here I was, with my father, King of Vampyres, yada yada yada, and he was being nice to me? He was actually happy that I came here tonight? How could he feel these things when all he wanted was to have me dead? He couldn’t be that heartless, could he? Well, he was a vampyre, the one species without souls or the ability to be compassionate towards others. Maybe the thought of him killing me doesn’t faze him at all as being cruel and harsh. I was just a kid who didn’t do anything wrong. If it makes more sense, he should be the one who’s dead. He was the one who created me. Because of him, I was born, meaning he was the reason why the war started. I haven’t killed one person. Well, I did kill Bryant…but how many people has Dracula killed? Hundreds, thousands, hell, maybe millions, and yet I’m the one who gets blamed for it?

“Candace, I have to admit, I may have let you get the wrong impression of me.” he spoke up, his thundering voice booming in my ears as he leaned on the railing, looking out into the never ending forest. “I don’t deny that I want you dead, and you should know that I don’t want to protect you.” I really hoped that he wasn’t thinking that this would make me feel better about being around him. “But that does not mean that I don’t want to know you. To tell the truth, you actually amaze me sometimes.”

I looked at him, wondering what he could possibly mean. My brows furrowed, and he averted his gaze to mine. He read my expression, and explained. “You’ve been alive for a little over three hundred years without once coming in contact with other Lycans other than Devin and his family and Zachary and his pack. Everyone is searching for you, Candace, and here you are, right in front of me and hundreds of other Obyri’s. I told them of your invite, so they were only allowed to look instead of attack. I would not let them spill your blood. I have not killed you yet simply because I do not believe it is your time. I believe you have so much more in life to discover and to experience. How you have managed to stay away from any Lycans and Obyri’s I have yet to find the answer, but there is a part of me that is happy that you have made it this long.”

I took in everything he said. I should consider myself lucky that I have stayed alive for this long. I haven’t been in any real danger, and nothing has happened to me that put me in some kind of situation to reveal myself to the world of who I was. I wanted to know more. Something told me that my father knew more about the hunt for me than I knew.

“This might come as a surprise to you, but some people think of you as a savior.” My eyes widened at that one. I thought everyone wanted me dead? I looked at my father, and he once again explained. “Everyday Hybrids are born, and some parents are not as compassionate as Zachary’s and keeps them.” I looked back into the room, and saw Zacky sitting down on a chair, separating himself from everyone else as he stared off into space, looking completely bored out of his mind. I smiled slightly at how adorable he looked. “Hybrid parents know of the law, and know that every time the wind changes course, which is how we find out a Hybrid has been born,” well that explains what Cynthia meant. “The parents must be killed for their crime, as you know.

“Abigail could not be killed because she was the daughter of the Elder, well, she is now the sister of the newest Elder since her father is now dead, and I could not be killed because I am King. This is not a Marie Antoinette story, where they chop off my head for the crime I committed.

“Parents who created a Hybrid abandon them, throw them into the streets when they are just a few hours old, and wish them the best of luck so long as the parents don’t die. Hybrid children are forced to grow up in the roughest of neighborhoods, and only a few of them make it past the age of ten or eleven.

“But you, Candace, are the only Hybrid child to ever successfully manage in life without being run down by Lycans, having an Obyri feed on you, or die from a sickness or disease. The Hybrid children know of your existence, and you are who they look up to. You are the only one of them who has a future, and who can maintain a normal lifestyle without being ridiculed and abandoned simply because of who you are. The children, they see you as a hero, and the young ones often dream of being like you one day. You are all they look forward to as the days grow longer for them, and their lifespan grows shorter as they starve and hope for food, shelter, love, anything to help them live.”

I felt a tear run down my cheek. I actually mean something to someone? There are children out there, struggling each day just to survive? But, I’m not the only Hybrid with a possibility of a future. Zacky’s older than me, and he’s already got a steady mind, well, mostly on having his band get big, but at least he has something to look forward to other than death. That just wasn’t right. Those children shouldn’t be out there, orphaned by their parents, and having nothing in life other than to die of having a werewolf or vampyre kill them or of some type of sickness. I’m almost sure that crosses the line of child cruelty laws. How could someone abandon their child just after giving birth to them? Wait…that’s what Abigail did to me. She just let me go without a second thought, and Dracula didn’t try to stop her. I’m an abandoned Hybrid, but somehow just because of what kind of Hybrid I was I was allowed to have a life and left on Cynthia and Devin’s porch that cold night. These Obyri’s…these Lycans…they were nothing but heartless bastards. They didn’t deserve to be alive. All they wanted was war…war and destruction. I was ashamed to have both genes running through my veins, and at that moment I wanted to be dead just like everyone else in the world wanted me to leave and give peace to everyone.

“Candace, don’t let these things get to you.” his voice erupted in my ears, causing the Goosebumps to become visible once more. “You should be happy that you’re alive, and that you’re not on the streets, fighting off other children for food and stealing to get it. You’re The Forbidden One, the one Hybrid that we Obyri’s fear, and you scare the living daylights out of the Lycans. One day you’ll thank me for creating you, and one day your true Obyri side will show. I know it wants to come out, but your Lycan gene is the most prominent in your personality.”

I saw in the corner of my eye that he extended his hand out towards me, and I knew he was going to touch me. I didn’t want him to. I didn’t want anyone to touch me, not even Zacky. No, not right now. My mark began to burn, and I felt something erupting inside of me, slowly creeping its way to flood my entire body. My skin grew hot, and I felt as if the burn from my dream was going to become my reality.

A loud crash knocked me out of my thoughts, followed by screaming and gunfire. Dracula and I both looked back to see that the vampyres in the room were going hectic and running around, trying to find an escape that wasn’t through the doors.

I ignored my father’s attempts of telling me not to go in there, but I saw that Zacky was looking for me. I ran to him, and when our eyes met, he ran towards me. I could see through the doors that men in different kinds of uniforms that consisted of the colors blue and gold were holding guns, rifles, even machetes.

When Zacky and I were just about to touch, I felt two angry arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. I looked to see Zacky was trying to fight off a rather large man in a blue in gold uniform as he was trying to hold me the way the man holding me was. I tried to get out of his grip, but then I felt something hit the back of my head, followed by a stinging sensation running through my body.

I watched in slow motion as vampyres fell to the ground and screamed for mercy. I saw that the woman, Adrianna, was one of these vampyres that fell. I could see a silver liquid pouring from her hair, soaking it and her clothing as it seeped down her body. The edges of my eyes turned black, and I could hear faint gunfire being shot, even though the shots were not even two feet away from me. I looked at Zacky to see that he was still trying to put up a fight, and his lip was bleeding.

Everything was black after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, finally...friday
this week couldn't go any slower v.v'
so, this story has maybe...meh, six more chapters or so
but anyhoo, so i've been thinking, since i have this story all written out and i'm not technically writing it, i was wondering if i should post another story?
i have a lot of them that have maybe ten chapters written up so far, but i don't know if they would be any good
i'm always afraid to post stories on here because i'm always afraid they'll be shit xP
weird phobia, i know
but i should just stop talking now 'cause i think i'm rambling now ['x
but if you want just send me a comment or something with your opinion on whether i should post another story or not, i'd like that [:

thankies to:
amayasmom4290
mmmxRAINBOWS
Airheart.101
XBlackVelvetKissesX
Scarlet Chucks

for your lovely comments! :D