So Sacrifice Yourself, and Let Me Have What's Left

Spilled Secrets

I yawned, although the noise was muted from the sounds of the helicopter wings beating against the early morning air. I wrapped my arms around Zacky’s left, snuggling into his shoulder. I don’t think I’ve ever been this tired before, much less had to endure meeting my father and my mother in one night, which was what took so much out of me. Zacky ran his fingertips up my arm, soothing me a bit, as I played back the conversation I had with my mother once Zacky left to get a change of clothes. Luckily for us, Abigail’s guards didn’t mind that they were letting two Hybrids slip through their fingers.

“You really do love him, don’t you?” Abigail asked, watching me as I studied Zacky walking away from me. I was put in one of Abigail’s shirts and jeans, luckily for me we were the same size. My heart already felt like it was tearing just from the sight of him walking away. I don’t think I could ever recover from having him walk out of my life. I nodded absentmindedly, not caring if it was my own mother that I told that to. A soft chuckle came from behind me. “I can tell. Your love is stronger than any other, and he just adores you. Luckily for you, you’ve imprinted on him.”

My eyes widened. Did she really say what I think she said? I turned around to face my mother, the expression on my face dumbfounded. “Wh-what?” I asked, remembering the conversation Zacky and I had long ago. He said Hybrids can’t imprint, so what could Abigail possibly be talking about?

“Lycans aren’t the only ones who can imprint.” Abigail smiled, walking towards me, her clothes flowing easily around her skinny, fragile figure. “Candace, Hybrids can imprint, too. You didn’t know that?” I shook my head, unable to say any words. Abigail laughed softly. “I’m surprised you didn’t figure it out. No one can love each other more than you two by just regular love. I’m not sure if he’s imprinted on you, but I’m almost certain that he will never be able to love another girl like he loves you.”


I looked up at Zacky, who was looking down through the window. It didn’t surprise me that I imprinted on him. It explained a lot, actually. It explains how I felt a strong bond towards him the minute I met him. Why I couldn’t do anything but stare at him, longing to know him when I first saw him, it all makes sense. This man was the one that I could love throughout my whole life. He would never do anything wrong in my eyes, and I would never love another quite like I do him.

Zacky looked down at me, obviously feeling my eyes on him, and he smiled slightly. I returned the gesture, leaning my head up so my lips could meet his. I felt his warm lips add the same amount of pressure, causing my smile to widen. When we pulled away, Zacky mouthed ‘I love you’, making my heart melt.

‘I love you, too’, I mouthed, causing that gorgeous smile to grow on Zacky’s flawless face.

It took about thirty minutes to get back to Huntington Beach, and we were let off in a secluded part of the beach. We had to walk a mile or two to reach Brian’s house, which only made me groan in frustration. I was already tired enough to the point where I had trouble standing up, so how the hell was I going to walk a fucking mile? The pilot said he was sorry, but he couldn’t take the risk of getting caught. I understood, but I was just too tired to walk.

“Here, I’ll carry you.” Zacky said once the helicopter was out of sight, but we could still hear the beating of the propellers against the sky. I didn’t even get to answer, because before I knew it Zacky held me in his arms bridal style, holding me tightly against him.

I sighed against Zacky’s chest, one arm draped around his neck, the other hanging by my side, holding my heels tightly in my fingers. I closed my eyes, content filling my body with the rhythm of Zacky’s steps, the sound of his beating heart, and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. I could tell he was tired, too, and carrying my fat ass probably wasn’t helping much. “Zacky, put me down.” I grumbled, lifting my head as much as I could to look up at the god that is my boyfriend.

Zacky gave me a confused look, but soon enough I felt my bare toes touch the sand, followed by my entire body being propped up by my feet. “Ace, you know you can’t walk.” He chuckled, having to snake his arm around my waist to keep me standing.

“I’m not going to walk.” I whispered sleepily, hoping that he heard me over the waves. I kneeled down to the sand, followed by lying on my back, the sand moving from underneath me. I smiled as much as I could at the confused Zacky looking down at me, patting the spot beside me. “Let’s stay here until…we can walk.” I said while letting out a yawn, closing my eyes.

I heard Zacky sigh with a slight chuckle. I heard the sounds of footsteps against sand above my head, and soon enough I felt a body beside me. I opened my eyes slightly to see Zacky on his back, looking up at the sky. I smiled slightly, knowing that he was going to wait until I was asleep before he followed. I draped an arm across his middle, burying my head into his neck, taking in that oh so lovely scent of his.

Zacky wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer against him. “I love you, Candace.” He whispered before I felt a pair of plush lips against the top of my head, lingering for a bit before his head relaxed into the sand.

I smiled against his neck, moving closer to him, if that was possible. “I love you, Zacky.” I whispered, listening to the waves crashing against the shore and Zacky’s heavy breathing. If I had the chance of staying here forever, I’m almost sure I would have. This was where I felt like I belonged. The war seemed to be the last thing on my mind. My father’s words weren’t bothering me, my mother’s words made me feel somewhat better, and having Zacky right beside me just made this moment perfect.

“What the—guys! I found them!” my eyes flew open at the sound of the familiar raspy voice, and other men’s voices coming closer to where Zacky and I were. We both sat up, Zacky brushing off the sand on my side before getting the sand off of his back. We looked over to see Matt standing a good distance away from us, with the rest of the guys making their way over with flashlights.

“Where the hell have you guys been?!” Jimmy practically screamed, being the one to run over to us. He beamed his flashlight in our eyes, causing me to wince and hide my face in Zacky’s shoulder.

Zacky stood up, helping me up as well, his arm around my waist to keep me standing. “Have you been looking for us?” he asked. He tried to sound like he was awake and serious, but the hint of tiredness in his voice caused me to know better.

“Uh, duh! You guys have been gone since seven thirty! You do realize that it’s almost three in the morning, right?” Johnny stated, looking at me. I was too tired to respond, so he looked at Zacky.

“Shut up, short shit.” Zacky grumbled, holding me tighter against him by my waist. “We were at a party; of course we’re out all night. Ace and I had to change clothes ‘cause of all the beer that got on what we had on before. She borrowed some from a friend of hers, and I had some in my car. My piece of shit car broke down on us, so we had to walk here. Ace got tired, so we decided to stay here until she was alright enough to walk.”

The four men in front of Zacky and me stared at us for a while, debating whether to believe his story or not. He explained everything in a great big lie, but I was the only one who knew it wasn’t true. Eventually the four men believed him, just as a gust of wind broke through the air.

My hair started to fly with the wind, and I tried to keep it down with my right arm. Matt sniffed the air, and his head snapped at me. It happened so fast that no one noticed other than me, mainly because it happened in slow motion for me. I gave him a confused look, watching as his eyes squinted, trying to figure something out. I continued to keep my hair down with my arm, and felt the wind brush against the exposed skin of my right forearm. I moved closer to Zacky when Matt’s eyes widened.

In a blink Matt was right in front of me, causing me to jump at the sudden movement. I put my arm down as Zacky’s arm tightened around my waist, only it moved to drape over my shoulders. “What the hell?” Zacky asked Matt, eyeing him suspiciously as Matt gave me a look of both disbelief and anger.

“Who was at the party?” Matt practically growled, causing the hairs in the back of my neck rise. He was already threatening by his appearance, so seeing the angry side of Matt for the first time was making the Goosebumps rise everywhere.

“Matt, what are you talking about?” Zacky asked, keeping his eyes on Matt as he kept his eyes on me. My breathing became uneven as the thoughts of Zacky trying to take on Matt run through my mind.

“Who was at the party?” Matt repeated slowly, glaring at me. I didn’t answer, and he realized that I wasn’t going to answer. A low growl emitted from his throat, and I let out a yelp as Matt grabbed my arm, pulling the sleeve up my forearm, exposing my mark as a Hybrid. His eyes widened at the sight of it.

Brian cautiously walked to be beside Matt, wondering what he was looking at. I knew that this was going to ruin everything. What the hell was happening? Brian’s eyes widened at the sight of my mark, and slowly looked up at me. He was starting to put the pieces together.

Johnny soon joined the other two, but he didn’t seem as surprised. Something told me that he already knew mine and Zacky’s secret. He tried to look shocked for the sake of Brian and Matt, who looked like they were about to rip my throat out.

It was then that I realized Zacky’s hand was on my arm, violently yanking it out of Matt’s grasp. He held my arm tightly against him, protecting it from the werewolves in front of us. I looked up at him, the worried look on my face. Zacky looked down at me with an unsure expression on his face, and I knew that he didn’t know what to do about this situation we found ourselves in.

“You knew, didn’t you?” Matt growled slowly, causing Zacky and I to look at him. He was full of rage, and it scared me just looking at him. I had never seen this side of Matt before. Well, he acted like that when he was on stage at the little gigs his band had, but that was an act, or at least I thought it was. “You fucking knew, and you let her in our lives! Do you realize that you’ve put us all in danger?!” I flinched at the sound of his anger.

“I imprinted on her before I knew.” Zacky said quickly. I looked up at him with a confused look on my face, but I quickly understood what he was doing. This was his plan that probably just popped into his head.

“How could you not fucking know the minute you saw her?!” Matt almost roared, earning a small jump from me.

“You didn’t know either!” Zacky snapped, and I knew that I was screwed. Once Zacky gets mad, you can’t hold him back, meaning he was no longer responsible for his actions.

“I knew there was something off about her! She was just so damn quiet that we couldn’t tell if she really was or not!” Matt yelled, shooting glares between Zacky and me.

“Candace…” Brian randomly mumbled, causing me to look at him with wide eyes. He was figuring it out. I didn’t want this. I didn’t ask for this. All I’ve worked for, everything I’ve ever wanted, it was all going to be taken away from me. My friends were going to leave me or kill me. Honestly, I would prefer the latter of the two. His eyes widened, and I knew he put all the pieces together. “You…” he growled, and I moved closer to Zacky.

“Brian, listen to me.” Zacky demanded, practically shoving me behind him. I hid behind his back, only wanting this nightmare to be over. “I’ll tell you now. You have every right to know. Candace is The Forbidden One.” I wanted to punch Zacky’s back for saying it. Now they have every right to kill me. Hisses and growls came from Brian and Matt. “But, think about it, Candace is your friend. She stays at your house, Brian. You let her in your life.”

“Because you made us let her in our lives!” Brian barked. I knew he was thinking about his lost brother, and he was probably beating himself up because he befriended the person who took his brother’s life. “You fucking kill her dad and force her onto me! She’s supposed to die, you idiot!” I cringed at the venom dripping from Brian’s words.

“Would you really have the heart to kill Candace?” Zacky asked, more like growled. He didn’t sound like he was scared at all, and he seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing. “You know her, Brian, you got to know her, and you even wanted her for a while!” Brian was quiet, and Zacky knew he had him. “Do you really think you could actually build enough guts to kill your friend?” more silence, and I knew that Zacky was getting to them. “Plus, if you kill Candace, you might as well kill me, too.” my eyes widened. No, he wasn’t going to tell them, was he? I gasped when he lifted his right arm, pulling the sleeve, exposing his Hybrid mark. I peeked over his shoulder to see Brian and Matt, eyes wide, jaws dropped, with no words escaping. Johnny had a small smile on his face, and I realized that he knew about both of us before the other two did.

“Zack…” Matt whispered, clearly shocked by what he discovered his best friend was.

“Now you know why my parents hate me, and why I always hung out with you guys. I wanted your scent to cover me, sort of like a protection from the Council. I went with Candace to that party because it was a party full of vampyres, and the Count was there.” A growl erupted in Brian, Johnny, and Matt’s throats at the name. “That’s why you can smell vampyres on her, Matt.” He nodded slightly, understanding where the smell came from. “Then Lycans ambushed the party, and took Ace and I to the Council Manor. We met Abigail, and she had us flown here. That’s the story. Now you know. If you still want Ace dead, which means you want me dead, then go ahead and do it.”

My eyes widened, wondering what Brian and Matt were going to say. Surely they wouldn’t kill us, would they? It is against the law for Hybrids to be alive, but these are my friends, they wouldn’t actually have it in them to murder me, would they? They would probably spare Zacky because he’s their friend and their guitarist, but would they spare me?

Brian sighed, followed by Matt repeating his actions. “Guess we’re just gonna have to drench you our sweaty ass dog smell, huh, Ace?” Brian asked, and I smiled when I heard a chuckle escape his lips. He wasn’t mad at me. He was still my friend. I jumped from my hiding place behind Zacky’s back and attacked Brian in a hug, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. “Well, now I know why you smell so good.” He laughed, folding his arms around my waist.

I smiled, pulling away from him to face Matt. I opened up my arms, asking if it was alright, and soon enough that smile creeped onto his face. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, as he did for my waist. “I’m sorry for yelling.” Matt whispered into my hair, and I nodded, pulling away with a bigger smile on my face.

“Okay, come on, we’re wasting a very relaxing Sunday just standing here!” Johnny exclaimed, walking away from us through the sand. Matt and Brian chuckled, following Johnny though the beach.

“Well, at least we didn’t die.” Zacky chuckled, his arm over my shoulders. I smiled when he kissed my temple, placing my arm around his waist, my free hand holding his that was around my shoulders. “Let’s enjoy our relaxing Sunday, shall we?” he asked, starting to walk beside me down the beach towards Brian’s house.

We better enjoy it, because the following Monday is going to be hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know most people would expect there to be more conflict, but i like writing happy endings, so i guess my fairytale upbringing had something to do with how the guys acted once they found out xP
but hey, at least there are no more secrets, right? [:
at least, i don' think there are any more... o.0'
but anyhoo, happy friday! :D
and thankies to the following for commenting!
Airheart.101
RoxyVengeance
Scarlet Chucks
amayasmom4290
Ella Bella
VengeanceXX6661X
Saruh