So Sacrifice Yourself, and Let Me Have What's Left

Revealing ***

I had to keep myself from spitting out my pancakes from my mouth as I watched the two idiots in front of me. I have no idea what made Brian and Zacky think that they could cook breakfast, but they were trying. Somehow they managed to make two pancakes without burning them, so they offered those to me, and attempted to do the same with their pancakes. Somewhere along the mess Zacky ended up splattering batter all over Brian, which caused the food fight that was currently going on in Brian’s kitchen.

“Haha! Take that motherfucker!” Zacky laughed triumphantly as he threw a handful of pancake batter at Brian, hitting him square in the face. I laughed at this, causing Zacky to look at me. “Awh, look, we’re making her smile!”

“Oh sure, Acey smiles when I’m in pain. Thanks, honey, it’s nice to know how you really feel about me.” Brian grumbled, trying to get the batter off of his face with a dishrag.

I giggled softly, taking another bite of my pancakes. “I’m sorry, BriBri, but it was kinda funny.” I said, taking yet another bite of my breakfast, only it was the last bite. I stood up from the little bar thing and walked into the kitchen, careful not to slip on the batter splattered on the tile floor. I began to wash my plate in the sink, when I heard Zacky sigh.

“I guess I should go change clothes.” Zacky chuckled, walking out of the kitchen and into our room. Yeah, he’s pretty much moved into Brian’s house, in case you haven’t noticed.

I thought that Brian was going to do the same, but instead I felt his presence beside me. I nervously rubbed circles into the plate with the dishrag, trying to avoid all contact with him. I wasn’t sure exactly where we stood now that he knew who I was, and what I had done. I mean, I’m surprised he hasn’t killed me already. Weird thing is, he doesn’t even treat me differently.

“So, uh, I’ve been wondering…what exactly did happen, you know, with my brother?” he asked, trying not to make it sound like a felony. That was just plain weird. Shouldn’t he just flat out ask me why I killed his brother?

I sighed, knowing that I was just going to have to tell the truth. Luckily for me, the truth was a good thing. “Well, yes, I did have sex with him. But I didn’t lure him. I was just sick of being a virgin, and your brother just happened to be there. But I didn’t kill him once I was done. He was still really drunk the next morning, even if he hadn’t taken one drink when he woke up, and he had a hangover on top of that, so I guess he couldn’t really tell left from right. Somehow we ended up outside, and then he just kept walking. The house was on a really steep hill, and on the front there was a cliff, but that didn’t stop your brother. I don’t really need to go into the details.” I mumbled, hoping that Brian would just put the pieces together on his own.

He was quiet for a moment, and I looked to see that Brian figured it out. He looked really sad, and I don’t blame him. He looked up at me with those warm chocolate brown eyes that showed despair. I wanted to kill myself for making him feel that way. “Is that the truth?” he asked. I nodded slowly. Brian sighed, resting his elbows on the counter beside the sink. “Well, at least I know you’re not some conniving bitch.” He chuckled dryly, and I knew he was just trying to make himself feel better.

“So, things aren’t gonna get awkward around us?” I asked. I would really hate to loose a friend like Brian. Not only did I need him as a friend, he was also the only source of housing I had. Without him, I literally wouldn’t have a home.

“I think that if things were gonna get awkward they already would have.” Brian said, grinning at me. I smiled slightly, and Brian sighed playfully. “Oh come on, Acey, you know I still love you. Now that I know the truth, I won’t be mad anymore.”

“Promise?” I asked, hoping that Brian wouldn’t say no and hate me forever. Stupid thought, I know, but I have to prepare myself somehow, right?

Brian nodded. “Of course, I can’t really ask you for a hug, but just pretend like I’m giving you one.” He chuckled, gesturing towards his pancake batter-covered clothing. “I guess I should change, too. Don’t want the ladies thinkin’ I’m a slob.” He smirked.

“What about Michelle?” I asked, giving him a confused look. I shouldn’t be confused, or surprised, but hey, I do like the girl. Might as well look out for her somehow, right?

“Hey, I didn’t say anything about being with other girls. I just don’t want them thinking the wrong things.” He smiled, heaving his broad shoulders up and down. He started to walk out of the kitchen just as Zacky walked out of our room in new clean clothes.

“Ready?” he asked, smiling at me. I nodded, walking over to him, linking our fingers together as we walked out of mine and Brian’s house and into Zacky’s car.

--

Ever walked down the hallways of your average, normal, human high school, and think that there was a werewolf or a vampyre around every corner, just waiting for you? Well, if you haven’t experienced that yet, I suggest that you don’t wish for it. It’s the creepiest feeling you’ll ever get. I was no longer just some random student that had this huge secret. No, I was now The Forbidden One walking down these halls, and it felt like there were things following me. It seemed like everyone that passed me looked at me like I was crazy or they were frightened of me. I mean, can you blame me for feeling this way? My father is the King of Vampyres; my mother is the daughter of the late Elder, and the sister of the current Elder, the man who runs the whole Lycan world. It’s creepy, and it gives you a chilling sensation down your spine. I was no longer a human, but a Hybrid. I was illegal, and just by my birth it sends my parents on death row. Luckily for them they were Royalty, or else they would be royally screwed. No pun intended. You would think that I would get used to the fact that I’m a rare species, right? Well, think again. I can’t seem to get it though this little peanut I call a brain, and the fact that I’m the most dangerous Hybrid doesn’t necessarily make me feel all happy and excited, either. Not only do I have all of those things weighing me down, but I’m also in love with another Hybrid, friends with a bunch of Lycans, and I have an Obyri that was chosen to kill me.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Kala?

“Candace!” wow, now that wasn’t freaky at all. Note the sarcasm. I turned my neck to see the ever so gorgeous Kala practically floating down the hallway, a small smile on her face as she glided towards me. Of course everyone just had to stare at her as she passed them, and it didn’t seem to bother her, as usual. “Feels like I haven’t seen you in forever! How have you been?” she asked, her voice unusually happy and cheery. I mean, she always had this weird fake happiness to her, but her voice was always hollow. Now it actually sounded like she meant her words.

“I’ve been fine.” I mumbled, eyeing her suspiciously. There is something off about her, and I mean more than usual. Just Kala in general is creepy, but now it was like she took extra creepy pills this morning. Her silky black hair ran down her neck just as straight as always, her icy blue eyes pierced against her beautifully tan skin, her makeup was still the same, just adding to her beauty, as always. Her clothes were pretty normal, too. She had a black wristband on her right wrist, obviously to cover her marking, she was just wearing a plain black collared shirt that was tight, but not too tight, some tight on the thighs but baggy at the bottom jeans, and some black Converse. Well, she was pretty normal on the outside, what the hell was wrong with her on the inside, then?

“Cool.” Kala smiled, exposing her overly white teeth to me, and yet, they were perfect. God, I hated vampyres. Why couldn’t they be normal like the rest of us?

Like I should be talking?

“Hey, wanna ditch homeroom? I heard that some of the potheads and populars like to hang out by the bleachers, how about we join them?” Kala asked, a sneaky smile on her face. I knew that she was just smiling like that because we were about to go ditch, but something told me that smile meant something else.

Why do I feel scared all of the sudden?

Before I could even answer, Kala grabbed my arm, sending icy cold chills to run throughout my body. Her touch was much colder than Zacky’s, and it felt like she had dipped her hand in a bag of ice. She smiled at me when she turned her head to the side, looking over her shoulder as she led me out to through the door that usually the kids used to go to the outside classes. “This is going to be fun!” she giggled, causing my eyes to widen.

What the hell was this girl on…and where can I get some?

We passed the little trailer houses-looking buildings, which were the outside classes, like whatever classes have to do with outside science. I’m not in those classes, so I have no clue what they’re called. After these buildings was the football field, which I guess was where we were headed. I could see some kids under the bleachers, and I immediately recognized them as that group. If you’ve ever been in high school, you know what group I’m talking about. The Populars, the Jocks and Cheerleaders, the Cool Kids, whatever you want to call them, you know what and who they are.

I thought that maybe we were going to go near them, but not dare sit next to them. I’m surprised that Kala isn’t apart of that group. But, then again, she does hang out with me. I’m sure that knocked her down a few levels on the totem pole. But, apparently Kala had a different plan in mind. She took me right past the bleachers, and into the wooded area of the school. It was there for the forestry classes and such, but hardly anyone went in there without a teacher. There’s a tale that says about how one kid went into those woods without a teacher, and he never came back out. This school’s been around for a long time, so of course some stupid legend is going to pop up about those woods.

But, you know how I’m afraid of the woods? Yeah, so of course my knees began to shake slightly as the tale of the kid ran through my mind, and my natural reaction of woods wasn’t helping my knees and my nerves at all. What the hell did Kala want to do in the woods?

“Uh, Kala, I’m not so sure if we should go in there…” I trailed, my eyes widening as the dark haired girl continued to drag me towards my fear.

She knows you’re afraid of the woods!

The fuck? Who the hell are you?!

Your conscience, idiot. Now run as fast as you fucking can! Kala knows you’re afraid of the woods, which means that you’re more vulnerable, now high-tail it out of there!

Uh, I kind of can’t. She’s pretty much cutting off circulation in my wrist.

So, be like a fox and gnaw it off!

You’re sick.

Hey, I don’t see you coming up with any ideas!

That’s because there aren’t any! Look, my foot’s already in the fucking woods!

Okay, I have a plan. I’ll be right back.

Okay, so now not even my conscience is going to help me with this? Great, that means I’m all alone in this. But, what is Kala doing taking me in the woods? And what did my conscience mean ‘which means that you’re more vulnerable’? What was she going to do to me? I really hope that I can get myself out of this before Kala does something stupid.

And that’s when it hit me.

She was chosen by my father to kill me! Of course! She wants to kill me! Haha, I knew I’d figure it out! Wait…I’m not supposed to be happy that I figured it out! I’m supposed to be trying to get out of here. Okay, Ace, think about it. Maybe you could convince her that there’s a monkey in the trees and run like hell when she turns around? No, that’s stupid. She wouldn’t fall for that. Damn, what the hell am I going to do?

“Okay, you can stop walking now.” Kala said. I almost jumped at the sudden change in her voice. She sounded the way she did when she first met me. Her voice was hollow, and she just looked like a lifeless beauty. She was now a vampyre, and there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about it. She turned to face me; her icy blue eyes suddenly looked as cold and mean as stone. She had that blank stare in her eyes, which showed off in the rest of her face and body language, and something told me that she wasn’t going to be her fake happy self anymore.

It was then that I noticed she was a few feet away from me, and she had started to stalk slowly in a circle, her eyes burning against my body. It was like I was put under a trance. I couldn’t move. My feet were planted to the grassy green ground, the bottoms of my shoes getting dirty from the soil. My legs were like cement blocks, frozen straight, and unable to move. My heart beat quickened as she reached her way to walk around me as she continued to circle me dangerously slow.

“K-Kal-Kala?” I tried asking, but obviously that didn’t work out so well. I stared into her lifeless blue eyes, seeing the dangerous vampyre lurking inside, and that’s when I realized that I had no way out of this.

“You know, from what I’ve read in stories and the legends, I was expecting something much, much different than what I got. I was expecting you to be one of those girls.” she hissed, and I knew she was talking about the Populars. “I definitely wasn’t expecting some scrawny little bitch that was afraid of a leaf.”

Hey, that leaf came out of nowhere. Can you blame me for freaking?

“Candace, it was a leaf. It came from a tree.” My eyes widened at her words. Did she just— “Yes, I just read your mind. I’m a vampyre, it’s what we do. God, you never seem to shut up, do you? It’s so strange how you never talk, but in your head it’s like you’re not afraid to be who you really are. Although, I have to admit, it’s quite entertaining to hear your different personalities shine through. Like now, for instance, your sarcasm is your Lycan side, and your intimidating and fearless side is your Obyri side, which, sadly enough, is the side that is shown less often. Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.

“Well, I can kind of see now why you are the way you are. You’ve already had this talk with that Maria girl. It makes sense, actually, to think of you as a meek little girl that people take for granted. It only gives you more of an advantage over them.” she smirked at me, still stalking me in a circle.

My breath had officially caught in my throat. Sometimes I don’t need to breathe, thanks to my vampyre side, but this time I needed to breathe. I needed to let out those jagged, uneven breaths, just to remind myself that I was alive. I needed to know that Kala hadn’t killed me.

“Yet.” I gave Kala a confused look, and she slowly stopped in front of me, her body planted a few feet away from mine. “I haven’t killed you…yet.” She smirked evilly at me. “You really are a nice girl, Candace Rae Vanderkay, but now that I’ve learned about you and told the Count, and since he got to know you a bit personally, my work is done. I can now accomplish my last task, which is to end your life.

“You may just think that my assignment was to get to know you and then kill you, but that would be kind of silly, don’t you think? I mean, yes, those things were a big part of it, but there was something else. You see, Candace, I was supposed to watch you carefully, and see if you were ready to be a warrior.

“You were not only born to kill thousands and continue this war. You were also born to be apart of army. You may have been apart of the Lycan or Obyri, it would have been your decision. I was sent to take note of your actions, your strengths, your weaknesses, everything. In the end, I had to make a recording of every move you made, and had to let the Count alongside myself decide whether you were up to be apart of the Obyri army or not. And, it’s sad to say this but, you’re too much of a whimp.

“You lean onto that other Hybrid too much for support. Candace, you are The Forbidden One. You don’t need a man to provide for you, but you do not realize that. You are too weak. You haven’t let your strengths and your power release themselves from your body, and since you haven’t done it by now, the Count fears that you will never in your life.

“You did not live up to what you were supposed to, Candace. It’s a shame, actually, because you would have done wonders for either army, and surely the one with you on their side would have easily won this war. Too bad, though, you let your emotions get in the way.”

My eyes widened as Kala leaned down to a couch, her upper lip snarling, barring her fangs. I took a gulp, hoping that my legs would turn back to normal and help me escape this place. But, since we were in the woods, I was too paranoid by the noises coming from random animals and the fact that the vampyre in front of me wanted me dead didn’t help much either. “Goodbye, Forbidden One.” She smirked, crouching down even more, preparing to lunge.

This is it. I’m going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh, suspense!
always fun for a story xP
so, i've thought it over, and i am going to write another story. i've been thinking about this kind of plot for a while, and i think it could work. i've only successfully written one chapter, and i want to write a few more before publishing it just to see if it's good enough. but i am writing another story, and it will be a fanfiction.
i'm not telling who it's about though [;
well, happy friday to you, even though it's not a happy friday to me. i don't want spring break to be over ]':
oh wells, thankies to the following for commenting! :D
Airheart.101
amayasmom4290
RoxyVengeance
XBlackVelvetKissesX
Scarlet Chucks
VengeanceXX6661X
SaddieM.

<3333