So Sacrifice Yourself, and Let Me Have What's Left

Goodbye

“You just made another legend for yourself.” Abigail said, crossing one leg over the other as she stared at Zacky and me. We were still in the emergency room of the Council Manor, and this was the only place that was secure for Zacky and me. Abigail’s guards were, well, guarding each door and passageway that led into the hall my room was in, and surprisingly enough they were very nice to us.

I gave Abigail a confused look, and she explained. “No one even knows that Zacky was with you when Kala attacked. No one even considers that Zacky killed Kala. As of now, rumors are spreading of how The Forbidden One has killed a vampyre that was assigned to kill you by the Count himself.” I was surprised that it didn’t affect Abigail at all when she spoke of my father. It seemed like she never even met the man. I guess that took years of practice.

My expression grew worried, and I felt a hand squeeze mine. I looked over to see Zacky looking right back at me. He smiled weakly, trying to make me feel better. I tried to return the gesture, but it wasn’t as easy as it sounded.

“Now that the Obyri’s have a reason to kill you, there will be more Hybrids and Lycans watching out for you. And instead of them just hiding in the shadows, they will take action if you are in danger. The Hybrids will help you, but I am unsure of what the Lycans would do. You are supposed to join a side eventually, so the Lycans might save you so you would feel like you were on better grounds with them. Right now the Obyri’s would rather have you dead than anything else. They are going to start following you more. The Count might assign more to kill you, or they might see you and just kill you so they could be called a hero in the supernatural world.”

It never made much sense to me being The Forbidden One. It seemed like no one could ever make up their mind about me. One minute they would be on my side and try to help me, the next they would be out to kill me. Sometimes the Lycans and Obyri’s want to have me on their side so I can kill off the opposing species, and other times both sides want me dead. I just hope that now the Obyri’s made up their mind, whether it be that they want me dead or not, at least I know how they feel about me. Next I just have to do something to make the Lycans decide what they want to do to me.

“I will keep a watchful eye on you, Candace. I will make sure that at least one of my guards is taking good care of you. They all have daughters, so they might just get her to befriend you. Who knows, by the time you reach college your roommate might be one of their daughters. But the real question is, will you watch out for her as well?” Abigail asked, looking over at the perfect Hybrid next to me.

“I won’t let her out of my sight. I promise I’ll always be there for her, no matter what life throws at us.” Zacky smiled, and I felt his plush lips press against my temple. I couldn’t hide the smile, happy to know that I would always be taken care of. Even if the legends say that I could take out an entire army, I would still need someone to have my back. I’m just happy that that person is Zacky.


It’s been a year or so since Abigail had that conversation with Zacky and me. Nothing bad has happened since Zacky killed Kala, and my neck made a full and quick recovery. The mark even faded over time, and now you wouldn’t even know that a vampyre tried to kill me unless you got a really good look at my neck.

School went on as normal as possible, I got good grades, hell, I even ended up being number four in my class out of nearly five hundred kids by the time I graduated. How that happened, I’ll never know. Since I was number four, I got scholarships to all types of colleges, and that’s when I made the decision of becoming a marine biologist. I was quickly accepted into the University of Florida with a full scholarship and they even said they would pay for my rooming fees. I couldn’t pass up that offer.

Zacky and his band were getting pretty well known, and during the summers they would go on little tours, but that didn’t bother me. I was happy that he was doing what he loved, and we both knew that we would have to let each other live our lives while I went to college, and he went on with touring, which was where we were now.

We walked hand in hand through the airport, going through all the gates and were waiting in the little terminal for my flight from Los Angeles, California to Gainesville, Florida. Zacky had to get a special ticket to get through all the gates, saying how he couldn’t just leave me at the first gate and be on his way. No, apparently he wanted to watch me get on the plane. Not that I’m complaining. I wanted to cherish these few moments I had with Zacky. I didn’t know when I would see him again.

“So, my little college student, are you sure you won’t get into any trouble?” Zacky chuckled, pulling me closer to him by his arm that was draped over my shoulders.

“Well, this is me we’re talking about. Trouble seems to follow me no matter where I go.” I laughed under my breath, resting my head on Zacky’s shoulder. It saddened me to think that this was the last time I would see Zacky in a long time. We didn’t break up, and we didn’t say we would stay together, so I wasn’t so sure of what we were going to do.

Zacky chuckled in his throat. “Well, you can rest assure knowing that the minute someone tries to come after you, I’ll find a way to get to you.” he smirked, kissing my forehead. “I don’t think I’d ever be able to let you get hurt without my say in it.” he laughed softly.

“Gee, that makes me feel better.” I laughed, scratching a bit at the left side of my neck. Zacky decided that he was thirsty last night, and I did say he could come to me. We basically shared each other’s blood. I had to drink from Zacky so he wouldn’t drain me dry, and I had no idea I would actually like drinking blood. At first I remembered it being really awkward for me, but Zacky didn’t seem to notice. I’m really hoping human blood doesn’t taste that good, or else I would have to be put in solitary confinement. It’s weird, because, the scars on my neck fade within a day or two. I guess Zacky didn’t imprint on me, because if he did the scar would stay.

Flight 25B, Gainesville, Florida, gate has been opened; passengers must have tickets on their persons and ready to be checked by the attendants. That godforsaken bitchy woman screeched over the intercom, signaling that this was where Zacky and I had to part for God knows how long.

Zacky stood up with a small sigh escaping his lips. He extended his hand out to me, and I took it, allowing him to bring me to my feet. Our fingers were laced tightly together as our bodies pressed against one another’s. We didn’t move or say anything; we were just remembering each other’s features. I stared into those glistening jade green eyes that bore into mine, almost like they could see into my soul. Those pouting pink lips of his were calling me, and I had to obey. I stood on the tips of my toes so my lips could meet his, a small smile of content appearing at the feel of his lip rings.

We kept our kiss innocent, for we were in a public area and I probably wouldn’t make my plane because Zacky would possibly shove me into a bathroom and finally do what we’ve both wanted for almost two years. I’m surprised we went this long without going that far, but it was always someone’s fault for barging in right when we were almost there.

I pulled away when I felt myself on the verge of losing my balance, and looked at the man who always made me happy by just feeling his presence next to me. “I’ll miss you.” I whispered, leaning back up to quickly peck his plush lips.

“I’ll miss you, too, baby.” He whispered, his voice almost inaudible as his fingers loosened their grip around mine. I knew he didn’t want to, but we would have to part ways eventually. Luckily for me my seat had already been assigned to me, so I could take all the time I wanted. “I hope you have fun in Florida. Try not to stay out in the sun too long; you know how you burn easily.” He chuckled, kissing the tip of my nose.

“Shut up.” I giggled, biting my lower lip. What I did to have this man in my life, I had no idea. I knew that he was going to be famous, whether it was because of his band or not, that face was just too perfect for it not to be known by others. One day I’ll look back and think of the days I had with Zachary Baker, and I’ll smile knowing that this man was once mine, and at one point, he only wanted me in his life.

“Candace, promise me something.” Zacky whispered out of nowhere. I didn’t say anything, signaling that I was listening. “Promise me that, no matter where life takes us, no matter who we end up being with, no matter what happens…we’ll see each other again.” The hurt in his voice damn near killed me. “When you’re off twenty miles under the sea, remember to think of little ol’ me, and try to mention my name when you win the Nobel Peace Prize.” He chuckled.

I let out a soft laugh, and nodded my head. “And when you’re off getting laid like there’s no tomorrow,” a laugh escaped Zacky’s lips at that one. “Try to think of me, you know, when you have the time.”

Zacky was quiet for a moment, but only because I felt his hand on my cheek did I know that he was still listening. “I don’t even have to try.” He whispered, leaning down to claim my lips in a soft, passionate kiss. My heart melted at the love and passion between us, and I knew I wasn’t going to feel this way for anyone else for the rest of my life. “I love you, Candace.” He mumbled against my lips, pulling his fingers away from mine once the last call came for the passengers to get on my plane.

I had to gulp down the tears that were threatening to escape. “I love you, too, Zacky. Whenever you’re in Florida, you know who to call.” I smiled, giving Zacky one more sweet kiss before finally walking away from him.

Zacky did that famous smirk that always made me weak in the knees. This time was no exception, and somehow I managed not to show it. “I’ll be waiting.” He said, and somehow I was the only one who heard him.

I managed to get all the way to the gate without looking back at him, but right as people were passing me to get onto the plane before it took off, I turned to face the one man I’ve ever truly loved. The very same man who opened my eyes to whom I really was, and who let me see what the world was, and that nothing was as it seemed. He was still standing there, looking as gorgeous as ever, and it made me smile at the fact that this man actually wanted me.

Our eyes met, and the same butterflies fluttered against my stomach like the very first time I met him. My breathing didn’t become uneven, but just the sight of him made me breathless. The smirk was still playing on his luscious lips, and oh how I wanted to run over to him and attack him in one last kiss goodbye. But I couldn’t. Instead, I gave a small wave to him, knowing that this was the last thing he would remember me by, but I didn’t care. He had to remember me as that awkward belated baboon that he met almost two years ago. Zacky waved back, only he looked much more confident at doing it, and it put my little wave to shame.

I gave a sympathetic smile, as did he, and I turned to give my ticket to one of the flight attendants. I didn’t look at the gorgeous god a few yards away as I walked through the gate, onto the plane, and sat down on my window seat. It was at that point did I let the tears flow. I had no clue of when I was going to see Zacky again, but I knew that he would always have a place in my heart, even if I hadn’t of imprinted on him, he would still be there. I would always remember those jade green eyes, those silver lip rings, that shiny black hair, and the way it felt when he held me.

I guess I’ll just have to let those things go, and leave them behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
yup, this is the last chapter
but did y'all really think that i was gonna leave you hanging like that?yes no! :D
yes, my dear reader, there is much, MUCH more to come with this story ;D
a sequel is on its way, and will be here sooner than you think [;
happy friday to you, hope it's a good one :D
[and if you didn't notice, i'm feeling much better, thanks to the sweet comments, they really helped <3]
thankies to the following for commenting! :D
Airheart.101
amayasmom4290
RoxyVengeance
MayaraTurman
VengeanceXX6661X
mewtwosangel
Odd!Aud!
sassygothicchicky
now-or-never