Prisoner of Your Love

Grave Robbers

Image

David stood awkwardly on the porch step of Apartment 2B, hesitant to knock on the door. He wasn’t sure that he bought into the whole ‘evil twin conspiracy’ theory that Adele had. Sure, it filled in a lot of the missing spaces, but come on…how could a man really pull that off?

All CJ would get out of it was his own money and inheritance. That just seemed too backward of a motivation. He wouldn’t know the answers for sure until he was willing to investigate.

With a heavy sigh, he rapped his knuckles against the navy blue door and waited for a response.

A skinny woman with blonde hair and captivating blue eyes answered the door with a friendly smile that appeared to be slightly forced. “Can I help you?”

David cleared his throat a couple of times before responding. “Yes, I would like to speak to Mr. AJ Morris.”

The corners of her smile deflated ever so slightly. “AJ!” she called, “You have company.”

A man similar in appearance to the late CJ showed up next. He had the same hazel colored eyes, same dark brown hair, but he appeared to be slightly skinnier than his brother.

David extended his hand in a polite gesture as he introduced himself and explained that he was now taking a closer look into the Adele Luis case.

“You don’t say?” CJ asked with mock interest as he led David into the tight living room.

David nodded and contemplated whether or not he should just come out with his intentions or not. “I’m not really sure if there’s anything that the original lawyers missed or not, but I’d like to just at the very least do a fact check on all the previous evidence. Surely you understand?”

CJ kept his fixed smile locked on his lips as he nodded slightly.

“Allow me to cut right to the chase,” David said, feeling slightly uncomfortable under Mindy’s analytic stare. “I want to get a sample of your fingerprints to ensure your…identity.”

CJ’s smile finally crumbled to pieces as the briefest look of concern flashed in his eyes, acting as a stimulus of suspicion in David’s mind. “Of course I wouldn’t mind. I have nothing to hide.”

“Alright,” he nodded, “in that case, please meet me at the police station downtown tomorrow morning at 9 AM sharp.”

“You can count on it,” CJ replied, leading the lawyer out the front door.

“You’re nothing more than a liar,” Adele found herself saying as her and Gates walked down the hall.

Gates rolled his eyes, but continued walking. Adele chose to continue speaking her mind, assuming his silence to be his approval. “I know that Shadows needs me in some way to escape this hell hole. If you try and do something to me, you can bet your ass that I will refuse to do anything that would help him or you escape.”

“And if you try to go against Shadows you can add physical torture to your list of unwanted activities, right up there with me raping you,” he smirked.

Adele shuddered with the disgust at the very thought, but didn’t feel deterred just yet. “You can threaten me all you want,” she whispered, “but it doesn’t do shit to me anymore. I don’t have to be afraid of any of you.”

Most of what she was saying was due to the fact that the reality of her escape was quite possible in the near future; the other half had to be from her peak of happiness she received after her moment with Matt.

“You sound so sure of yourself,” he growled, stopping in his tracks and gripping her shoulders, shoving her up against the wall.

He watched with a hidden amusement as the fear began to slowly but surely surface within her facial expression. She struggled against his body, unintentionally making him want her even more. He suffocated her pleas for help with his mouth and tongue, absolutely devouring her voice.

He kept one hand locked firmly on her shoulder while the other drifted down to her chest, beginning to discard those pesky buttons that kept the jumpsuit closed around her body. He was going to have her.

Finally have her.

Mindy paced the room restlessly, mentally trying to figure out ways to get out of this situation while she still could. CJ’s calm demeanor did nothing to comfort her. She was rapidly beginning to doubt whether all of this was even worth it in the first place.

His silence was really starting to irritate her to the point of total frustration. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, just sitting around like that while he’s out there plotting against us?” she angrily demanded.

CJ stood up and shook his head with a smirk of amusement. “I really don’t see what you’re worried about. I have a plan.”

“You have a plan?” she asked incredulously. “Let me guess – you’re going to steal your brother’s fingerprints.”

“Exactly,” he grinned, watching a confused expression form. She couldn’t possibly think of anything to respond with expect for stunned silence. “We’re going to dig up his body and well…you’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Have you lost your mind? You do realize that if we got caught doing that no one in their right mind would deny that we were guilty!”

CJ got up off the couch and stood before Mindy, placing his hands on her shoulders and staring her in the eyes. “You have nothing to worry about. This will work as long as you’re willing to participate.”

“What do I have to do?”

“You’ll see,” he smirked.

Fog seemed to cover the entire graveyard. Mindy hated being here at night. During the day, she could care less…it was just a bunch of marble or cement slabs in the ground. At night, there could be spirits…or zombies, both equally unpleasant in her mind.

She gripped the flashlight as she followed behind CJ, who was too preoccupied remembering where “his” grave was supposed to be. After about forty-five minutes of stumbling through the wet grass and tombstones, they finally found the elaborate marble statue above the grave of Charles Jeffery Morris.

Since Mindy had been on flashlight duty, that automatically meant that CJ had to do the digging. He knew she didn’t have nearly enough upper arm strength to hold onto the damn shovel, let alone dig a six-foot deep hole.

The eerie silence and chilly air did nothing to calm Mindy’s fear and anxiety. “O-okay, we’re here now. Mind telling me what’s the point in digging him up?” she asked, the lightest hint of annoyance disguised within her shaky voice.

CJ’s solitary response was nothing more than a clump of dirt intentionally skewed in her direction. He just kept on digging until the shovel made contact with the wooden coffin, causing a jolt to crawl through the nerves in his arms upon contact.

He scrambled onto his knees, reaching for the lid’s handle. Once he opened it, he gagged as a wave of decomposing stench rushed out of the tightly concealed space. Much to CJ’s surprise, and gratitude, his brother’s skin hadn’t decayed too terribly.

“Mindy, I need you to join me down here,” he commanded, digging into his pocket for a small metallic case containing a knife, thread, and a needle.

Mindy stared hesitantly into the disturbed grave and cried out at the proof of their murder, at the body of AJ Morris. “I’m fine up here, thanks,” she replied.

CJ spun around and glared up at his incompetent comrade. “Get your ass down here,” he growled, sending visible shivers down her spine.

Despite the fact that she could just run away and leave him down there, she knew she couldn’t do that; then she wouldn’t get her half of the fortune. And that would just be unacceptable.

She unraveled some thick rope and staked it to the ground so that they could escape easily. She jumped into the grave, feeling heat as her feet hit the coffin hard.

“Alright, time is everything in this situation. Once I cut both fingers off, you’re going to need to sew his onto me,” CJ explained as he took his brother’s hand in his.

Mindy’s eyes practically bulged out of her skull as she stared at his back in incredulous shock. She was tempted to call him insane, but thought better of it realizing that if she fucked any part of this up, she’d probably be the next one in the grave…or in jail with Adele.

She scooted closer to him and held a firm grip on the tools he gave her. Without another word, he sliced AJ’s pointer finger clean off. His skin made a squishy noise as the knife cut through the dead tissue.

“I don’t think this is going to work,” Mindy whispered.

She screamed when CJ flung the finger at her. He then proceeded to cut his own off, emitting a low grunt of pain as blood leaked out of his other fingers and onto his own brother’s body.

He turned to face Mindy with his face covered in blood. He held his hand out to her, leaking the blood onto her lap. She stumbled several times as she tried to line the dead finger up with CJ’s knuckle.

Her throat burned as vomit crawled up her esophagus and was then swallowed back down. She dug the needle through his skin and brought it through his brother’s, going around like that until she reached the starting point again.

“This seems so biologically wrong,” she muttered, dreading having to do this nine more times.

Then, as if her mental prayers were answered, a siren rang out and the barks of what sounded like rather large dogs sounded off in the near distance.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” CJ growled, staring down at his brother’s body and contemplating whether he should chop the rest off and finish the process at home.

“We don’t have the time,” Mindy said urgently, reading the thoughtful expression on his face.

He angrily got up off his brother and slammed the lid shut, trailing Mindy up the rope. Together they ran off the property, not daring to breath or blink until they reached the safety of the car.

“Fuck, you think we were just in a prison attempting an escape or something,” he breathed out.

“In a sense we were in a prison,” Mindy said absently, “the prison of the dead.”

Adele glared at Gates as she struggled to prevent him from unbuttoning her jumpsuit. There was no way she was going to let him do this to her. She had more important issues on her mind, and the honest last thing she needed was to put up with more sexual assault.

Since he had started focusing a majority of his attention on the buttons, Adele noticed that there was a significant amount of space unguarded from the waist down. She smirked to herself as she prepared to make a run for it.

“Sorry, Gates, but you’re not going to get away with this. Not now, not ever.”

Gates rolled his eyes. “Sure, you keep telling yourself that, princess.”

“No need,” she grinned before sending her bony knee flying up at a 45-degree angle into his enlarged dick.

His eyes held immense amounts of rage before the pain became too much for him and he crumbled onto the ground, clutching himself.

Adele knew that going to see Shadows would be the stupidest thing to do at this point, so instead, she set her sights on a room located on the opposite side of the building – Matt’s cell.

Gates swallowed a growl of pain as he crawled up to his feet. Adele was far too predictable…he knew exactly where she’d run to in order to hide from him. She wouldn’t go see Shadows; she wouldn’t want to see Oli in their cell; that only left one more room.

In the time he’d spent here, it was only natural that he’d learn his way around the place, including all the short cuts and such. He arrived in front of Matt’s cell, which was on the opposite side of the prison, in a record time of 7.5 minutes.

Gates confronted one of the guards saying he needed to speak with Matt Tuck. This guard was one of those spineless kinds, quivering at the sight of a large, muscular inmate, so obviously he complied.

Matt glanced up the novel he was reading and felt his eyes form an instant glare upon seeing who was just granted access to his cell. “What do you want?” he asked.

Gates shrugged as he stepped further into the cell, closer to Matt. “Nothing, really,” he shrugged, “I mean your little girlfriend is on her way over here and I just thought I’d give her something to really enjoy seeing.”

Matt’s brow furrowed as he attempted to make sense of Gates’ second sentence. However, he received all the answer he needed once Gates reached down and tightly gripped the collar of his jumpsuit, roughly slamming his back up against the concrete wall.

“Why she would pick you, I really don’t know,” he muttered in disgust.

Matt realized what this was about. Gates knew that he and Adele had been intimate.

“She picked me because I’m not a fucking lunatic like you or Shadows. Not to mention, we go way back,” he smirked watching the jealousy rise to an unnatural level in Gates’ dark brown eyes.

“Now it makes sense,” he sneered, throwing Matt across the room, kicking him square in the jaw after his body collided with the ground. Matt’s body convulsed as he spat blood out. Gates lifted him back up off the ground and gave him the most devilish expression.

“Nighty night, lover boy,” he smirked before pounding his fist into Matt’s cheekbone, knocking him unconscious before his body met the ground once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: Gates uses Matt as a threat against Adele forcing her to make a choice, a new character shows up that causes even more trouble for CJ, after the confrontation Gates takes them to see shadows, and out of spite adele lies to shadows again

5+ comments

and a HUGE thank you to the following amazing people: Thegreatunspoken, xxbrittxxx, and Izzy Bullets. i appreciate all of your awesome comments. they make me smile :)