‹ Prequel: Cirque De Panicke

Cirque De Panicke: Part Deux.

Chapter 5.

Over the next few days, Ella went back to the bookstore everyday, even if to just talk to Rosie. Rosie also seemed to enjoy their conversations. Her eyes would light up every time Ella walked into the store. It never seemed to be that busy, so Rosie would just lean across the counter, talking about all different things with Ella.

“We’re leaving town in two days, so I won’t be able to come back that often.” Ella told her after another 4 days.

“Oh. Where are you off to?” Rosie asked, curious.

“All over the place really.” Ella gave her a small smile. “I love the travelling part of it.”

“That sounds awesome.” Rosie sighed. “I’ve always wanted to go travelling. Almost had a chance a few years ago, but I missed it.”

“Really? What, around the world?” Ella asked.

“It was everywhere. My boyfriend at the time, he loved it, and he wouldn’t have left all of his friends to stay behind with me, so I was going to join him. But then… some stuff happened, and I ran. I’ve only seen him once since then, and he seems alright, but I wish I hadn’t have run from him.”

Ella saw the pain in Rosie’s eyes, and put a hand on her shoulder. She knew that it was probably painful to talk about. She didn’t know what she would have done if she hadn’t had discovered the truth behind the circus, about who her father really was.

And she wouldn’t have known what to do, other than maybe kick herself, if she hadn’t have joined when Gabe offered. She wouldn’t have her dad around, and she wouldn’t have William.

Ella offered to get Rosie a coffee, but she said she was going on her lunch in 10 minutes. She invited Ella to join her, which she accepted. They went to a Starbucks that was only a 5 minute walk away.

Even if it had been decades, Ella still remembered what Rosa’s favourite drink was, and it appeared to be Rosie’s too. They grabbed a table on the terrace upstairs and continued talking about travelling.

“So, if you saw your boyfriend again, the one who is travelling, would you ask to go with him?” Ella asked, sipping her drink.

“I would love too. I miss him so much and I’d just want to say to him, ‘Gabe, I love you’-”

“Gabe?” Ella asked, taken back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? ^.^