Status: On Indefinite Hold...

Lisa Queen Cheetah

This Is My Vision

“I don’t really care where I sit,” Lisa said to Ichigo. The girl led her to a table near the kitchen.

“How’s this? It’ll be easier to find you when it’s closing time,” she said.

“OK,” she said, taking a seat.

“Can I get you something to drink?”

“What do you have?” Lisa was trying not to think about the post-cognitive vision.

“Well, we have different kinds of tea and soda. That’s pretty much it.”

“Hmm. Well, bring me a Mtn. Dew, then, please.” Ichigo nodded and walked into the kitchen.

“Hey, I’m taking my break, and if the others get mad, you tell them that, OK Keiichirou?” Lisa heard her say.

“Of course, Ichigo, it’s not a problem,” said an extremely polite sounding male voice.

“Thanks, Keiichirou.” Then Ichigo came back out carrying two cans of Mtn. Dew. She set one down in front of her and took the opposite chair. “You don’t mind me joining you for a bit, do you?”

“Go ahead,” Lisa responded, lifting the can and opening it with her teeth. Then she turned the tab to the left.

“Doesn’t that hurt your teeth?” Ichigo asked.

“Not if you do it right.” Then she noticed her struggling with hers. “Having difficulties?”

“I can’t get my finger under the tab. I don’t drink these much.”

“That happens to me all the time, especially if I got it out straight out of a vending machine or fridge,” Lisa said, pulling out a mechanical pencil. “Let me help.” Ichigo pushed her can across the table toward her. She used the tip of the pencil to lever the tab up enough for Ichigo’s finger to get under it. “That should be good. If you run into that problem again, remember that trick.” She handed the soda back, slipping her pencil back into her bag.

“Where’d you get that trick?” she asked.

“It just happened one day a while back.” Lisa’s hand twitched toward her bag, and her sketchbook within.

“So,” Ichigo said almost awkwardly. She took a deep breath. “How are you involved with stopping the aliens?”

Lisa sighed, thinking, Here we go. “Well, it’s kind of…complicated.”

“I can keep up.”

“Right.” Lisa nodded and pulled out her sketchbook. She flipped to her latest drawing and showed it to Ichigo. “This is my vision.”
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE!
Subscribe Please!
~Winter is E.A.G.er to write forever from the vampiric shadows! -- Kisshu Lover