Don't Be Scared, I'll Be Here

Don't Be Scared I'll Be Here(The Maine) Ch 10

I was sitting on the couch curled up in a ball with my chin on my knees sitting next to Loren. We were watching Piratical Magic, one of my favourite movies. It was two days after the whole episode with John and Kennedy, and I hadn’t talked to either of them. In fact I hadn’t talked to anyone, besides Loren and my grand mom. I was back to being depressed. When I turned 16 I met Vince, he was my psychologists son. She had introduced us the night he came to help out at her office. I had been going to see her since I was 13 and was first diagnosed with depression. My mom hadn’t cared much but my nanny found something wrong with me and took me to a psychologist. By the time I was 16 I was feeling much better and almost done with meetings and shit, and meeting Vince made it so much easier to forget about my problems. But now sitting on the couch in Arizona with my cousin who didn’t know that part of me brought back all those feelings of hopelessness, I sighed and pulled out my phone. I looked at it, 8:03 pm. I went to my phone book and went to the name of the person who I knew would be the only one to bring me out of this rut. When I got to the name I hesitated, what if he just ignored me like the other day? So I decided to block the number.

Time: 8:04 pm: Please don’t be mad at me. I hesitated to push the send button but I did anyway. My concentration went back to the movie, then my phone went off, Loren didn’t notice he was too engrossed in the movie.

From: Kennedy Time: 8:15 pm: Who is this? A frown grew on my face, and despair filled my stomach.

Time: 8:17 pm: Can we talk? By now my hand was shaking. I didn’t wait for a reply; I got up put on my uggs and walked out the door.

Kennedy’s pov

I was about to get in the shower when my phone went off. I looked at it.

From: blocked number Time: 8:04 pm: Please don’t be mad at me. I was really confused; maybe the person had the wrong number. No that couldn’t be it; I put on clean boxers and my jeans from this morning. I sat on my bed contemplating on texting back or not. That’s when my fingers took over.

Time: 8:15 pm: Who is this? Who is this? That’s all I could come up with? That was totally lame. Now I probably ripped her heart out. But she ripped mine out too. What was I supposed to do? Let her off easy? She said she wouldn’t pick him over me, but then she went and kissed him not even four days after meeting him. She didn’t give me a chance what so ever. My phone went off,

From: blocked number Time: 8:17 pm: Can we talk? I felt terrible. She wanted to talk and I didn’t want to see her face, I am sure friends don’t have these kind of feelings when another friend is hurt. But something about this situation was different. She promised me something and went and broke that promise. Before I could even text her back I got another text.

From: blocked number Time: 8:19 pm: Meet me at the playground by your house. This time I couldn’t say no. But I couldn’t text her back, something in me made be believe the next thing I say to her should be in person. So I grabbed a v-neck tee and a jacket and headed out the door. I walked for a while until I saw someone sitting on the swings with her head down, her hair was hanging over her face. I stood there not knowing what to do.

“Kennedy?” she said looking up through her hair. Her eyes were full of guilt and pain. At the pit of my stomach this didn’t feel right but I was still standing there. Just then she jumped out of the swing and jumped onto me. I had to hold onto her out of fear of her getting hurt, I looked into her eyes and she looked at mine. “I’m so sorry,” she choked through tears. I just blinked in shock. She searched my face for some sign of forgiveness, I wasn’t sure if my face was showing that because I sure didn’t feel it. Just then she crashed her lips onto mine, I stood there in shock. I didn’t know what to do or say.

“KENNEDY?!” a hurt voice screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
sad chapter