No One Knows

First Day of School.

"Adie! It's time for you to get up! You're going to be late for your first day of school!" My mom's sweet voice came from the other side of my door. I looked over at the clock and realized that I had slept through the whole day yesterday. It was 7:10AM on a Monday, and I wasn't ready to face everybody at school. I groaned and forced myself to get up.

"What to wear, what to wear," I mumbled to myself, looking through my closet. I was a bit more mature than the other 6th graders here in Valley View. I came from a bigger town and a bigger school, so I was used to being around more people. I decided on wearing my new jeans with my new Converse and a random band tee that nobody had heard of. I wasn't allowed to wear make-up, which was eyeliner. The first time I tried that, my dad- you know the rest. That was a little bit after the beatings had started. It's only when my mom isn't home that he beats me. I decided to wear only a short sleeved shirt because some of the bruises were faded and I could easily cover them up and give a pathetic lie about what happened.

My mom drove me to the school and I walked in, carrying my red backpack on my left shoulder and my arms crossed. The school was extremely easy to get around, but I had my schedule in hand... just in case.

"Adie!" I heard Malisa call out from across the hallway. I looked both ways before shoving through the people and joining my only friend here. "What class do you have first?"

I looked at my schedule and found the first class on the list. "English."

"Me too! Let's go," she said, sounding a bit excited. Malisa took my arm, locked hers around mine, and speed-walked to our first class. I saw Billie Joe standing on the side by his locker, talking with his friend, who's name I think was Michael. He was in mid-laugh and looked at me, then stopped laughing. Michael turned around and saw me. Then they both looked at eachother and started up their conversation again. But Billie's eyes didn't leave me until Malisa and I turned the corner.

Malisa and I took seats next to eachother in the back of the room. More and more kids started to pour in and eventually the back row was filled. There were more kids who looked at us in the back and groaned then chose a seat in the middle. The bell rang and the teacher came in, starting to write something on the board.

"Hello class, this is Math," she said.

"No shit," a kid next to me whispered to me. I smiled and we both tried to hold in our laugh. The teacher kept talking and talking, and I knew already that I was going to hate this class.

"Malisa, I need to ask you something," I whispered.

"Write it down-"

"Girls!" our teacher called us out. "No talking!" We both slumped in our seats and stayed quiet for the rest of the class.

The rest of the day until lunch was a drag and there wern't anybody I could sit next to because Malisa's mom had taken her out of school early for a trip to the Dentist. I saw Billie Joe sitting with Michael again and figured that they were good friends. Billie Joe said something to him and Michael turned around and looked at me. I began to feel awkward so I stood up and threw my lunch away, walking back to my next class and being the first one to get there. Walking through the wide hallway that led to the 6th grade hallway felt awkward because I could see the office workers through the door window's and the one with the white curly hair and glasses scared me already. I kept walking and I made a right and then a sharp left and I was at the doorway. I walked in, feeling a bit nervous about being the first student to show up. We had dropped our stuff off early.

"Adrienne! You're here early," my English teacher said a bit too friendly. She was tall and had short blonde hair and she wore big necklaces and nice shirts. Our tables were the usual 'Science tables' as an 8th grader had called it. I sat at the table on the right, the second from the back.

"I got bored at lunch," I whispered.

"Oh, that's too bad."

More students starting pouring in and there was the one next to me, Cameron, who I had seen in elementary school but never really paid attention to him. A boy, Jarred, sat in front of me and a girl, Briahna, sat behind me. The four of us got along pretty well.

"Class! We're going to stand up one at a time and tell a little bit about ourselves, please start the class off, Sean."

The teacher pointed to a short kid who had dark brown hair and it was sort of in a bowl shape, but it wasn't ugly looking. His teeth were a little big and he had brown eyes and was real skinny.

"My name is Sean, uh..." he paused. "And I'm really nervous right now, to be honest."

The class laughed, including the teacher. Sean sat down, and tried to laugh to himself.

"That's fine, you don't have to finish."

Everybody went and it was now my turn. I stood up and I could feel everybody's eyes on me. I had major stage fright and I got extremely nervous when I was infront a crowd of people by myself.

"My name is Adrienne, but seriously, call me Adie," I began to feel hot and I couldn't make eye contact with anybody. "I get nervous when I'm the center of attention, like right now for instince. And I'm new to Florida."

The kids nodded and I sat back down. I smiled and tried to hide my red face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was a bit short, but whatever. (:
I sort of liked it, haha.
I want to start getting to the moral of the story, but I'm not going to. ^_^

xoxo- Adie.