Your Makeup on My Pillow Is Proof

Alcohol and Bandages Will Soon Follow This Mess

“I’m so sorry Gee.”
“It’s alright babe Frank.”
“I love you too, I was so afraid you were going to die…”
“I could never die till I told you how I really felt…”
“Yes?”
“Frank Iero…”


“Yes?”
“Frank Iero, Gerard would like to see you now.”
“What?” From where Frank's head was resting on the cold tile floor, all he could see were starchy white pants and the white hem of a doctor's coat. Frank’s eyes slowly trailed up the long white coat to a tall and bored looking doctor.
The doctor tilted his head slightly as he watched the half sleeping form of Frank sit up. “Gerard, your friend who you brought to the hospital? We pumped his stomach and he should be fine by tomorrow. He would like to see you now.”
Frank scrambled to his feet roughly, almost knocking over a table with magazines on it the was standing beside him in the desolate hallway.

"Is he okay? He'll be okay? Can he still sing?" Frank's eyes searched wildly for Gerard. "Where is he?"
"Mr Iero. I said he was staying the night. He's in his room still, please follow me." The doctor rolled his eyes and began to lead a jittery Frank down the long and wide hallway.
The white walls were smothered in a pasty green and yellows that reminded Frank of a bowl of cereal that he had left behind his door for a month.

"This is his room. I need you to be calm and quiet. If you upset him we might have to keep him a bit longer. His health was rough and he shouldn't have made it, but you brought him in just in time." The doctor began to walk down the hallway to another patient's room.
Frank quickly slipped into the silent room. Several people slept in beds along the sickly yellow walls with their slime-green curtains pulled partly around their beds.
Gerard's was the second from the end on the right.

"Gee!" Frank hugged the half sleeping Gerard. "Oh babe... are you okay? They said that they're keeping you over night." Frank reluctantly let go of Gerard to sit beside him on a plastic chair that matched the pasty decorum in the room.

Gerard blinked a few times, coughing for a second. "Yeah?" His voice was hoarse and weak, scratching his throat. "That's what I was told."
Gerard grinned briefly, so glad to see Frank. "Thanks."
Frank's eyes seemed to brim with tears when Gerard smiled. "I missed you so much..."
"I don't love Jade. I want you to know that."
"You don't?"
"No. He was just... I was missing something in my life and I thought I could fill the empty hole with him."
"And?"
"And I felt even worse than before. It didn't help that you walked in..."
“I’m so sorry Gee.”
“It’s alright babe Frank.”
“ I was so afraid you were going to die…”
“I could never die till I told you how I really felt…”
“Yes?”
“Frank Iero…”
"Yes?"
"Frank, I love you."