Don't Stop if I Fall, and Don't You Dare Look Back

Chapter Three

The ride back to the bus made the rented black suburban seemed silent as a tomb, with Mikey staring straight out at the road with rigid concentration, Gerard watching the world for one of his last times through tinted windows, and Frank still trying to clean up the spilled Frappuchino.

"It's not coming off! These were my favorite black pants, too!" He protested, still rubbing at it with damp napkins.

"Will you shut up about your damn pants, Iero!? Buy another pair and be done with it!" Mikey snapped uncharacteristically, drawing the attention of the entire car.

"God, Mike, what's wrong with you?" Frank asked.

Mikey stared harder at the road, if that was even possible. "None of your damn business."

Gerard looked at his brother, knowing immediately what the problem was. "Mikey, I promise everything's going to be okay with me. It's nothing time can't fix. Now where's my lighthearted, geeky brother?"

"At the hospital where I left him." Mikey said softly.

"You don't even know what's wrong yet, dude. Settle down until we get home. Then Gerard will tell us, we'll get through it, and get another tour planned. Maybe we'll even take along the girlfriends this time." Frank said, dismissing the subject. "Now who's excited about the new Guitar Hero game?"

After recieving no answers from either of the Ways, Frank decided to shut up.

Gerard continued staring out the window, thinking about his statement. It was the truth; everyone would die in the end. It was just a matter of time until it happened. But he couldn't help but believe he had somehow mislead his little brother...