Don't Stop if I Fall, and Don't You Dare Look Back

Chapter Four

"Hey guys, we're baaaack!" Frank shouted into an empty bus. "Hm, where'd they go?" He asked himself.

"What part of "not killing other techies" didn't you understand when you said it, dude?" Gerard laughed. "They're in the venue. Let's go."

Mikey and Gerard began trudging toward the venue, both for entirely different reasons. Mikey because he knew his brother wasn't truthful, and Gerard because he had to tell Mikey why he wasn't. Frank just ran along with them, their strides causing the shorter man to keep his pace in order to stay with them.

"Damn you tall people!" He shouted out.

“Well, maybe if you’d take some growth hormones you’d get taller.”

“I’m already big enough there, thanks. I don’t need Viagra.”

Frank didn’t even notice Gerard and Mikey stop walking. “Besides, I’m not some old guy that can’t get chicks with….OW WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!?!”

Gerard and Mikey had both slapped Frank in the head. “For being a damn idiot.” Gerard stated simply before walking through the door.

“Fine, but you guys aren’t getting any of my popsicles before this show!” Frank shouted before ducking inside.

“Dude, interpret that the wrong way and then I don’t want any.” Mikey commented distractedly.

The three men walked toward the stage where Bob was trying to separate very loud, not to mention fighting, sound technicians.

“You damn idiot, you dropped another microphone!” A taller man shouted at a woman that went up to his shoulders, even when she was standing on her toes.

“We have ten extras, it’s no big deal! Gerard smashes them all the time!”

“Sarah, the point is that they cost $1000 each!”

“Mark, calm down. Don’t worry about it, we have the extras for tonight and I’ll pay for the broken microphone.” Bob tried to resolve the problems.

“And what about all the XLRs that she’s shot all to hell? Placing them in different channels when they’re not supposed to be there? I don’t know how I keep dealing with this shit!” He shouted, walking away from her.

“You know what, fuck off, Mark! I’m sure you’ve made mistakes before! If it makes you so damn pissy, I QUIT!” Sarah screamed before stalking out of the venue. “Thanks for the memories, I’ll go work with Fall Out Boy to emphasize that fact! At least Marshall isn't a jackass!”

“Sarah, come back!” Ray shouted before running after her, leaving Bob to sort out the mess onstage. Bob began approaching Mark as he went back to working on the board.

“Um…wow, when you said ‘not killing each other’ you meant business.” Gerard said as Ray just barely caught Sarah at the door, who was so angry that she was crying. Eyeliner began to wind a black path down her face as she frantically motioned at Ray while he nodded at her.

“Evidently I did.” Frank said. “C’mon, looks like they’re handling it, we should really get back to do our makeup.” He said, walking backwards. “I don’t know how to fight a techie’s battles.”

“I’m gonna go talk to her.” Gerard stated. “I think that I’ve had to for a while. I’ll catch up with you guys later, okay?”

“Okay…” Mikey said as his brother walked off. It was hard to believe that Gerard could touch so many kid’s lives. But as much as Sarah had drawn Gerard's attention, he failed to realize that the kid needing him most in the world just then would be his brother.