For The Good Of The Pack.

It's Starting

I started to walk over to all the other people when I was grabbed from behind and dragged into the woods a little bit. I was let go and spun around to face my “attacker”

It was Will a guy from my pack that has been a jerk ever since we were little. “What do you want Will?”

“I want you. Are you going to accept me in the choosing this time?”

“No I’m not so don’t touch me!”

“You know Rayland you’ve been a witch to me and everyone else ever since you mother died,”

“My mother didn’t die Will! She was murdered ok? God you don’t have to pretend that it didn’t happen. I’m going to kill Her one day too,”

“Killing happens in the fight. It’s just a part of pack life. Get over it,”

“No! It doesn’t just happen. She did it on purpose, she wanted my mothers place as top bitch and you know it,”

“Rayland you-”

“Whatever it doesn’t matter anyway the choosing is starting now,”

“Does that mean you’re going to accept me?”

“No I go to pick someone else,”

“What! Who is it? I’m going to kill him!”

“I’m not telling you.” I said running back to everyone as fast as I could.

My father had all the guys and all the girls line up facing each other and the choosing began.

The choosing was actually quite easy. One at a time the guys would pick whom they wanted as a mate, then the girls would pick. If someone picked the same person there would be a Fight, sometimes to the death, some just until someone submitted to the other. At the age of 16 (I had turned 16 two days ago) you are eligible for the choosing (used to be 13 but the pack changed some in the past 100 years or so)

First in line was Nick, someone from our pack. He of course chose his girlfriend Megan. It went on like that for a bit until It was Julian’s turn “I umm uhh Hayden?” he said choosing a girl far down the line from me. Next was Will. As he said he would he chose me. I looked around at the rest of the free guys (I really didn’t want to fight) and shook my head, I didn’t need to speak that said No clearly. “Umm Will do you want to fight or chose someone else?” My dad was quick to jump in. “I’ll pick someone else,” Will was a flake and a wimp…I knew that. He wouldn’t be a good mate, At least not for me but then again I don’t think I would like anyone anyways.

It went on for a long time. Then it got to the girl next to me, she was from the other pack and had just turned 16 too. Her Alpha didn’t want her to be up for the choosing, he wanted her to pick someone from her own pack…and she did and he had picked her.

Then it was my turn. I need to do what was good for the pack, which was what my mother would have done.

I looked at the guys in front of me for a bit then looked at the ground. “Rayland…” My dad said with a warning growl. I had to pick fast or he was gonna get pissed. I said the first thing that came to me “Julian,” I slapped my hands to my mouth the second it came out but there was no take-backies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Yes? No? YESSSSSS!!! lol Thank you for reading ^_^