Love Game

Catching up with the Crew

"Dude put it down! If you miss her that much, just call her." I was talking about Ashley. Matt was eating away his feelings, working on his 8th hot dog. He bought an extra luggage back in U.S and filled it with ball park hot dogs. It was something he just couldn't live with out.

"I can't! I dropped my phone in the tub." Oh yeah. I remember that.

This was worse then when that cricket of his died. I remember coming over his house with Brian and Matt's favorite football.

~

"He's upstairs. Be careful." What'd she mean by that? I just shrugged and followed Brian up to Matt's room. His room was never tidy but today it was which meant something was up. The room smelled of every kind of food you could think of. We heard mumblings coming from his closet; walking over to it, it was Matt and Shadow sharing food. He had sauce on his face and clothes and there were burger wrappers all over the place. Being an athlete, Brian and I wanted to throw up.

"Dude, What the hell!?" Brian yelled. It was like Matt was to fucking fat to sit up.

"Hey....guys."...EW.

"Hey...uhm...What happened to you?" That really wasn't what I wanted to say.

"My....cricket....passed." Matt sighed. Brian, being himself, burst into an obnoxious laughter.

"I'm sorry. What happened?" Brian had a slight laughter in his voice.

"My mom opened the garage door-

Before Matt could finish, Brian was laughing ridiculously loud. As funny as I thought it was for a guy to be crying over a dead cricket, I kept my composure and tried my best to keep Brian from laughing anymore before Matt started crying because of his feelings being hurt. Finally, Brian stopped and stood up straight this time being serious.

"...You need to stop eating....I mean; Ashley isn't going to look twice at you if you're all fat and depressed." Great motivation, Bri. Wave a girl in front of his face who by the way she acted wanted nothing to do with him in the first place. All the dances at school, all the time he asked her, all the same time she said no.

"Well....WHAT MAKES YOU THINK VANESSA LOOKS TWICE AT YOU!? Let's face it, you act like a chick." Matt spat. Brian was stunned; Matt had never said something like that to him before.

"I was just trying to help. You don't have to go saying things like that. And besides, you go back to school with all that fat on you and you just might get benched or put on heavy set....With Snotty Joe." Snotty Joe was a fat kid who always had a cold and loved to shake hands after he blew his nose. You'd do your best to avoid even looking at him. It didn't take long but instead of practicing our passes, we had Matt jog around the corner 3 times until he was so sweaty the little geeky girl across the street stopped and stared. His motivation: Ashley.

"....Give this to Bella." Matt put the hot dog on the wood table and let it sit there. He took a sip of Coke that he also managed to put in the luggage. "Let's go take a walk....see this city we're living in. Maybe...I can get Dakota off my mind."

~

I was rinsing the last bit of shampoo out of my hair, when I felt a gust of cold breeze on my legs.

"....Dakota is that you?" I lived with Sierra and Dakota in the heart of L.A. as all three of us fulfilled our career. I guess I was taking too long in the shower again. I felt a blow of cold air on my thighs but ignored it.

"Yeah it is. Gimme the soap will you?"

"...Can't you wait until I get out, Kota?"I gave her the soap not really turning around to look at her. "Or do I just take too long?"

"The second one, love." It didn't take while for her to get out, leaving me with a cold breeze again. I ended up getting out of the shower a minute after she did and running to my room. Since we all worked together, Sierra, Ashley and I all lived together. It just made things easier. I sat on the bed of my fairly small room and looked around. My little life had been split and the two girls that were in the kitchen cooking and laughing about nonsense were all I had left. My mom finally came to her senses and re married my father even though he was badly sick. She lives next door and I talk to her everyday. I kept all my scrapbooks from when I was in high school and started looking through them, still wrapped in a towel. I looked but didn't really find anything worth looking at that much. So, I closed it and got dressed. My closet was oddly, organized by color. I had black, red, purple, pink and neon green organized all the time. I had to match if I didn't, there would be a problem. I didn't pick anything out like I usually did so; I grabbed my favorite bleeding star shirt, a pair of blood red skinny jeans, red converse and a black bleeding star hoodie. I straightened my hair, which was black and thick also getting longer with time. I finished my make up and left my room, going to the kitchen to eat. As soon as I put the fork to my mouth, Sierra squealed.

"Oh god, we're late! Come on!" She got up and grabbed her keys along with a jacket. Something that was UN needed.

"But I just sat down!" I yelled. Ashley grabbed my hand pulling me from the table and pulled me through the front door, locking it.

"Come on, Chas."

~

I winked at Tony and smirked while I tired to make our break believable to my mother. She wanted me to break up with him and I wanted her off my case not to mention, Tony had something for me in LA so we came up with a plan. And so far I was convinced it was working.

"God, Tony! I fucking hate you, leave me alone!" It was hurtful to say that to him.

"Fuckin' fine by me. I never want to see your crazy ass again." He gripped my thigh playfully as I tried to get rid of my growing shy smile.

"FINE! Jackass. I don't know what I see in guys like you." I opened the car door as I put on a fake cry walking into the house. I heard his car drive off but I knew he was coming right back. I ran past my drunken mother and told her that me and Tony were over. "I'm gonna go for a little ride if you don't mind." She didn't answer. I ran upstairs to my room and started packing my things. I went into Matt's room and pulled his sheets and blankets off his bed stuffing it in another bag, even his slobbery pillow; I hadn't washed that thing since he left. By the time I was done, my mom was knocked out. My room and Matt's room was cleared. I had my guitar and all my things only thing left behind was my bed. I was even taking Shadow. I was 18 years old now. It was time for me to start a new life.

I went down stairs opening the front door to see Tony leaning on his shiny red car, his arms folded. I ran over to him, kissing him lightly and smiling. He wrapped his arms around me and bit his lip. God, he was so sexy.

"You should be an actress, babe." I smiled at what he said.

"No, you were really good. You deserve a reward." He smiled and kissed me deeply, licking my bottom lip then pulling away. Tease.

"Give it to me later. Let's get to LA." He helped me with my bags putting everything in his trunk and small bags in the back seat, where Shadow just sat and watched. We were on the freeway in a matter of minutes and the sun was rising again. Tony and I had slept all day and had this planned before hand. My wavy dark hair was blowing in the wind and the sun on my face. I was enjoying the sun until and obnoxious memory drove next us. It was a slightly overweight man in a jeep with no window and he was yelling at me.

"Hey! I got a bone to pick with you!" The man yelled. Tony noticed right away and kept his eyes on the road and the man. I knew this guy. I heard Tony mummer.

"The disadvantages of having your top down on your car."

"...What the hell are you talking about? How do you even know me?" I asked loud enough for him to hear.

"YOU PUT SEXY TOYS IN MY LOCKER!" Oh shit. I laughed historically remembering when my brother was with me and helped me and everyone break into Trevor's locker, loading it with a load of naughty novelties.

"Oh wow...Babe drive past this guy." Tony smirked and sped past Trevor, turning up the radio slightly louder to drown out his yelling. By the time we had gotten to LA we were pretty much tired. It took up an entire day and we did a load of stuff even though we were just in the car.

I had stolen my mom's credit card and a bunch of her wine and liquor. Tony and I would use it to its full potential. And we did. He showed me my gift which was a tattoo shop I had wanted forever. He was my first worker along with a few friends. The shop was mine and in my name, fixed and painted perfectly. I smiled and turned around to face him.

"...I love you, Tony."

He smiled, kissing my forehead and hugging me "I love you too."

"Eso fue un duro, Alejandro." I wiped the sweat from my forehead trying my best to ignore the Brazil heat, as I let the bright orange soccer ball sit under my shoe. I played with the only friend I really understood who understood me too. His name was Alejandro and he got me into soccer. Other wise known as Futbol. He became my best friend and stayed with me 85 percent of the time. He pushed back his hair with his fingers.

"Then I'll kick a lil' softer...Are you going back to America?" He asked as I kicked the ball back.

"Yeah....Maybe you can come with me...If you want to." I shrugged, tossing my shirt to the side.

"I'd love to. I've never been out of Brazil before..." He smiled bouncing the ball on his tanned knee.

"It's awesome...You'll love it. I think I'll miss the pizza here though. It's so much better." I smiled.

"I've tasted the pizza in America before. It's not the same here though." He held the ball, circling me.

"Told you so." He laughed at me.

"Let's go inside, Johnny. I'm getting tired." I smiled, taking the ball from him and dropping it in the grass. He loved being at my house because he was fascinated by grass and the fact that I had so much. I was just ready to get back to the U.S. even though I did love Brazil.

~

I swallowed the last and second pill, sitting up from my bed and looking at my little sister. I didn't know about her until now. She was 12 years old and lived with my grandparents here in Nevada. Her name was Raven and we got along great.

"I'm ready." She played with the guitar pick that use to be mine but she punched a hole in it and made it a necklace. Of course, I didn't mind. I got dressed and drove to the airport with Raven even though we didn't need a plane to go to California but my mother insisted. Raven lived with me until she was ready to move out and didn't really move far either.

I had gone out of town for a week with Raven just to hang out and get away from it all. When I came back, I bumped into someone who was too familiar to even pass up. I actually really bumped into him and we hit pretty hard. He rubbed his forehead, muttering. He had an English accent along with his friend and another who had a Spanish accent. The last one just didn't talk. The all had Tattoos but not too many. The one I bumped into was as tall as me and had short hair and lip piercing. He was all I concentrated on because I thought he was going to hurt me.

"Bloody hells....try to watch were you're going, mate..."...MATT!?