Love Game

:D

Brian’s pov

It was about three in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. Vanessa, on the other hand—was sleeping so hard I thought she was dead. I wouldn’t be surprised if I woke up with some bruises on my face either. Vanessa was a heavy sleeper and slapped me a few times when she would turn. Almost like her arms and hands had a mind of their own.

Thirty minutes later and I will still wide awake. So I decided to watch her sleep. It may have been a little odd but I had nothing better to do and I wasn’t hungry and I know nothing comes on at this time of the night. About forty five minutes of staring and something started to hit me like a ton of bricks. This girl looked familiar and it scared me a lot. Running my thumb over the roots of her hair, I snatched my hand back happy but in shock that the girl below me was my high school sweetheart from years ago.

I got up and out of her bed, slipping into my shoes as I kept a watchful eye on her, careful not to wake her. Just as I was stepping out of the room, she groaned softly and called my name. When I turned around, her curly hair was a mess and drool was shinning on her cheek from the moonlight—but she still looked beautiful.

“..Where are you going?” Her voice was soft and tired.

“…I have to go feed my dog.” I lied.

“Oh.” She lay back down and within seconds, she was snoring again.

Quickly, I left her house running down the apartment stairs almost slipping and falling then looking around to see if anyone saw what just happened, and then running to my car. I have never driven so fast to Matt’s house in my life but my heart was pounding in my chest, as if it was about to come out. Getting in Matt’s driveway I almost forgot to turn the car off before rushing up to the door. I loved how Matt trusted me enough to give him a key to his house. He would kill me the next day ‘cause I didn’t take my shoes off and he just got new white carpet. It felt weird but after two times of tripping up the stairs, I finally got into his room which smelled like a scent of sleep.

Looking over Matt how he slept and at his hands and his arms something told me not to wake him if I wanted to stay beautiful but I didn’t care. I’m pretty sure Vanessa would be with me either way if she knew who I was despite that fact that my face would probably be messed up because of Matt. I walked over to him, shaking him gently. He didn’t make a sound and I couldn’t see his face but I knew he was awake when he reached on to his nightstand and pulled out a pocket knife.

“Matt! Wake up it’s me, Brian. I have something to tell you.” Matt sat up, his eyes barely open.

“…What is it?” His voice was tired and deeper than usual.

“Vanessa…the girl I’m talking to…its Vanessa your twin sister.” Matt just looked at me. No expression whatsoever. I didn’t even know if he was looking at me since his eyes were barely open.

“…I told you to lay off the damn crack...”

“First of all, crack is whack, I smoke weed.”

“OH! So you are on something!”

“NO! That’s not what I meant. Do you know what this means!?”

“..Do you know what time it is?”

“Matt, come on. This means you’ll have Ashley cause that means that Ashley is Ashley Bryant from high school all the way back in Michigan. You know, the girl you lost it to.”

“That’s insane, Brian. You’re on something. Sucks, but you’ll never see Vanessa again, Me, Johnny and Zacky will never see Ashley again, Johnny will never see Chasity again and Jimmy damn sure won’t see Sierra again….Now go home.”

“…Matt how can you say that?”

“Because I know if I would’ve seen Ashley she would’ve showed up by now.”

“You were living in different country. You just think she’s going to show up. Dude, you have to look for her. That is, if you really love her….” That ticked him off.

“I do love her.”

“…I can’t tell.” I said, pushing his buttons.

“How do you know that’s her anyway?!”

“…The stars on her stomach. That’s her plus I can see her in you…vice versa.”

“…Get out. We’ll talk tomorrow. Come get me and take me to her place or whatever.” He turned his back to me, lying back on his side in bed. I sighed and turned around.

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

After leaving Matt’s, I went to everyone’s place seeing the sunrise and I got the same response from them all: ‘What are you on?’ or ‘Did you uh, hit your head or something?’ None of them believed me and I felt like the boy who cried wolf. Instead of going back to Vanessa, I went straight home and pulled out the stuff from High school days, going through all the year books, all the pictures I could find, everything. I tried my best to connect all the girls together to make sure I wasn’t crazy and the guys wouldn’t laugh at me. I knew what I was talking about. I know my baby when I see her.

Ashley’s pov

I sat behind the counter at the shop, working on another tattoo listening to Vanessa chatter about new ideas and though I should have been paying attention, everything she said went in one ear and out the other.

“Kota!” I turned around facing Vanessa.

“Huh?”

“You didn’t hear a word I said, did you?”

“Nope.” Just as I was turning around, the door bell rung. I looked up and my brown eyes met with his hazel green ones. I hated him but as he was walking through the doors I realize just how appealing he looked. His arms, his dark black short hair, and his height he just looked amazing. I bit my lip and put my pencil down, staring at him. It took a while but he finally got my attention when he stepped in front of me, snapping his fingers.

“Uh, yeah sorry; can I help you?”

“…Thicker than water? Remember?” His brows went up and a small smile creped at his lips, screening his dimples. I smiled sweetly.

“Yeah, follow me.” I got down from the stool, walking to my back room having him follow I quickly got started on the tattoo, shivering every time I looked at his chest. I really had no idea a guy could look this good.