Vegas Wedding

chapter ten.

Brendon woke up alone, again. He sighed and shuffled out of the bed, pulling a shirt on before leaving the room. Amanda was sitting on the couch, coffee in hand and eyes glued to the TV screen. He chuckled and plopped down beside her.

“Good morning, Brendon Urie.” She greeted perkily without looking at him. He raised an eyebrow as he stared at her.

“Good morning, Amanda,” he paused and frowned. He didn’t even know her last name.

“Court, Amanda Court.” She answered, still without tearing her eyes from the TV.

“Amanda Court,” he rolled the name around in his mind and then smiled. Manda Urie sounds better, he thought. “So, what are we watching?” He asked to distract himself from the new thought.

“Nothing.” She grabbed the remote and quickly shut the TV off, turning her whole body to him with bright, wide eyes. “We’re going sightseeing today, remember?”

“Course I remember,” he laughed as her smile expanded to where it looked like it hurt. “Feel like climbing rocks?”

Her mouth dropped open as she tried to tell whether he was joking or not. His serious face said not. “Hell fucking yes!” She squealed and hopped off the couch, stumbling over herself to get to the shower. Brendon was full on laughing as he followed her slowly. “Dibs on the shower!”

“That’s just fine. I’ll take a shower in Spencer’s bathroom.” He entered his bedroom to find her bent over and rummaging through her duffel bag.

“That’s just fine.” She mocked him and then stuck her tongue out before disappearing into the bathroom. He shook his head and went to his dresser, grabbing fresh clothes before going into his roommate’s shower.

She was finished before him. She dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a camisole. She brushed her hair and kept it down so it could dry, planning to put it up once it was. She didn’t add any makeup, figuring it was probably going to sweat off while rock climbing. Then her eyes widened and she ran out of the room, running directly into the person she was looking for.

“Ready to go?” Brendon chuckled as he held her to him, steadying her.

“Um,” she bit her bottom lip. “I forgot to mention that I’m not exactly athletic.” She winced as she took in their position. “And very clumsy,” she added and his smile widened.

“Well that’s what I’m here for, to catch you.” He winked and she blushed as she leaned her head on his chest.

“I thought we were done with these cheesy pickup lines.” She giggled as he hugged her.

“I told you, they just fall out of my mouth. I can’t help it.” He defended and made a mental note to tone down the pickup lines. He definitely did not want to scare her away.

“Right,” she rolled her eyes and pulled away from him. “I guess its fine as long as you keep me from falling off the rocks and to my doom.”

“You’re not going to fall off of anything, I promise.”

“Okay, let’s grab out shoes and go!” She was glowing with excitement as she grabbed his hand and yanked him toward the door. “I love Las Vegas!”
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douche bag that broke my heart : )
xooxEmber