Vegas Wedding

chapter eleven.

Amanda was curled up against the window in his jacket. She’d gotten sunburned while they were on the mountain side and she’d been freezing in the restaurant they’d had lunch at. He’d gladly given her his jacket. He liked seeing her in his clothes. Maybe it was a bit possessive, but he figured it was alright. She was technically his wife.

Brendon glanced over at her sleeping form and frowned. Tomorrow was the day they were scheduled for court. It was the day they’d get divorced and she would go back home. He would have to go back to his normal routine and loneliness. He wasn’t completely ready for that.

He sighed and turned his attention back to the road. It was another ten minutes before they made it home. He shut the car off and stared at her for a few. He didn’t want to wake her up. She looked so adorable and peaceful. She looked good. Brendon groaned as he got out of the car. There was no way he’d be able to keep his self control if he kept thinking like that.

He gently opened the passenger door and supported her where the door had. She was exhausted and couldn’t find the energy to tell Brendon she could walk. Instead, she let him carry her into the building and then into the apartment. He was smiling as he tiptoed through the living room, pass Spencer and Michelle who both gave him a wink, into his bedroom.

Brendon set her body down on the mattress and wondered if she’d want to change before going to sleep. He was straightening back up when her thin fingers wrapped around his wrist and pulled him back down. His muscled froze as he fell down beside her.

She blamed it on the exhaustion and the little bit of alcohol she’d had earlier. She turned over and snuggled into his chest. Maybe it was the new hole in her heart made by her ex-fiancé, but she wanted to feel like she meant something to someone for the night.

Brendon slowly wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on top of hers. He breathed in her scent and smiled. He loved how she always smelt like melons. She loved how perfect it felt in his arms. It wasn’t the fit she was used to, but she thought that was what was so great about it. Brendon wasn’t Neil. He wasn’t smothering her like Neil would. He was holding her tenderly to him. She could easily spin out of his arms if she wanted to.

They both fell asleep with small smiles on their faces, wishing the moment wouldn’t end.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douchebag that broke my heart : )
xooxEmber