Vegas Wedding

chapter fifteen.

After cake, everyone had moved to the backyard. Amy and Ryan set up the stereo while Jon and Spencer pulled out the alcohol. Amanda admitted she wasn’t much of a drinker, but Michelle conned her into a margarita and dancing.

Amanda’s head was only slightly buzzing as she swayed to the music with the two girls. The boys were simply talking, watching, and drinking. Everyone was having a good time. Brendon was trying to forget what he’d done, but at the same time he was re-tracing the touch of her soft lips on his.

He was completely dazed out when Amy grabbed his hand and yanked him up from his chair. He glanced around and saw the other two girls giggling at him. Amanda was mostly leaning on Michelle. “Come on, Brenny!” Amy whined as she dragged him to the spot where the girls had been dancing. “You guys have to at least dance once!”

Dread took over as he understood her words perfectly. She thrust him toward the two girls just as Michelle pushed Amanda forward. She stumbled into his arms and giggled more.

“Turn something soft on!” Michelle ordered as she and Amy left the dance floor. Ryan leaned over and hit a few buttons. Guitar strumming started and then a familiar voice joined in. Brendon was still frozen in shock and Amanda was filled with tension as well.

“Dance with her, idiot!” Spencer yelled and the guys laughed while Michelle smacked his arm.

Brendon sighed as he forced his shoulders to relax and his arms to encircle her small waist again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gently placed her chin on his shoulder. His cheek pressed against hers as they swayed to Yesterday by The Beatles.

There was clapping that made both of them chuckle, and soon Michelle stood up and dragged Spencer with her. They came to stand beside the couple and mimicked their position. Amy bit her bottom lip before boldly taking Ryan’s hand and doing the same. Jon rolled his eyes and waited for the end of the song.

“I need a fucking girlfriend.” He mumbled as the song ended and the couples split apart.

“Aw, I’ll dance with you, Walker.” Michelle cooed. “Get your ass up here!”

“On second thought, I’ll pass.” He smiled and she rolled her eyes.

Brendon was reluctant to let her go, but before he could Amanda squeezed him. Her eyes were closed as she whispered sweetly into his ear. “I’m going to miss you.” She could feel tears start to well up in her eyes.

He held her tighter and gently kissed her temple. “I’ll miss you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douche bag that broke my heart : )
xooxEmber