Vegas Wedding

chapter sixteen.

Amanda woke up the next morning to the annoying alarm clock going off. She could smell him and he smelled so good. She could feel his arms around her and they felt so right. She smiled sadly as she etched it all into her memory. One arm slid off of her and then a thud followed, shutting off the beeping noise. Brendon groaned.

“Time to get up?” She whispered and turned so she was lying on her back. His eyes were still closed and his hair was a mess.

“Snooze,” he mumbled and went to snuggle back into her. She giggled and bit her bottom lip.

“I’m going to go shower.” She patted his arm and then skillfully rolled out of the bed. He groaned again but buried his head into the pillow she’d been using. She rolled her eyes and continued to the bathroom, making sure to grab her bag on the way.

She started the water and started to peel off her pajamas. The glint from the ring on her left hand caught her attention before she pulled her shirt off. She sighed and held her hand out, staring at the ring. Then she shook her head and pulled the ring off, placing it on the sink counter before finishing undressing and getting in the shower.

Brendon listened to the water run with a knot in his stomach. He knew soon it would shut off and soon he would have to get up and drive her to the airport. He was dreading it, and it came sooner than he hoped. He sighed and sat up after the water turned off. He rubbed his eyes and waited patiently for her to come out looking as stunning as she always did.

She stepped out in jeans, an old t-shirt, and her bag on her shoulder. She frowned as she fumbled with her fingers. She had to clear her throat before she could raise her eyes to his. “This is yours.” She held out the ring and his stomach completely dropped.

He stared at it for a second before a crooked smile appeared on his lips. “No, it’s yours.” He looked up from the ring into her pretty blues that turned glassy.

“Thanks.” She mumbled and closed her fingers around the ring. She smiled and told herself she would not cry.

“No thanks needed.” He shrugged and stood up. He wanted her to have something to remember him by. He eased past her and into the bathroom. “I’ll be out in just a few.”

“Okay.” She sat on the end of his bed and stared at the ring. It was such a sweet gesture. Her heart was swelled up and stuck in her throat. She didn’t want to leave. She sighed and slipped the ring on her ring finger on her right hand, frowning at it.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douche bag that broke my heart ; )
xooxEmber