Vegas Wedding

chapter twenty.

Amanda sighed as she lay back on the guest bed. She was staying at Stephen’s for the time being, finding it too hard to be at Neil’s for more than a few minutes. She had to go back to work the next day and she was not looking forward to it.

She missed Las Vegas. She missed the pretty lights. She missed Brendon.

“Manda! I’m home!” Stephen yelled from the front room. “Where are you!”

“Bedroom!” She yelled back and stared at the ceiling. All of her thoughts were mushed and she was so tired of it.

“We have a guest!” Stephen’s shouting seemed to be getting closer. Amanda let out a small groan as she sat up. Entertaining guests was not what she was in the mood for. “You’ll never believe who I ran into at WalMart.” She rolled her eyes.

“I don’t really care.” She mumbled into her palm as her door opened and Stephen walked in with the widest grin she’d seen in a while. She scrunched her eyebrows together and opened her mouth to ask a question when another man walked in.

Her mouth turned dry and her eyes widened. She almost fell from the bed, but Stephen gripped her and pulled her up first, pushing her over toward Brendon. She stumbled and then giggled as she felt his body against hers. He wasn’t a dream, like she’d expected. He was real, and he was in Florida.

“Oh my god!” She threw her arms around his neck and clung to him. “What the hell are you doing here?” Brendon chuckled and wrapped his arms around her middle. It felt so amazing to hold her again. He could smell her melon mixed with lemon scent again and see her pretty blue eyes.

“Right, I’ll leave you guys alone for now.” He shouted as he closed the door behind him and left. Amanda giggled as she pulled Brendon down to her bed. Her hands were clutching his as her knee brushed against his.

“What are you doing here?” She repeated with a wide smile as she traced over his features.

Brendon shrugged. “I felt like taking a vacation.” His grin turned soft as he raised one of his hands to cup her cheek. “And I missed you.” He admitted and it felt so great to get it off his chest. The past two days had been hell for him, and he was finally ready to tell her everything.

Amanda blushed profusely as she dropped her eyes to the ground. “I missed you too.” She mumbled and glanced at him. “Sorry I haven’t called you. I’ve been talking everything through with Neil and working things out with him lately. It’s just all been so crazy.” She shook her head and scrunched up her nose.

Brendon’s stomach dropped. He hadn’t considered her ex-fiancé. The thought of her with him again made Brendon sick. The fact that she was staying at Stephen’s had to mean something. “How, uh, how is that going?” He asked cautiously.

Amanda gave him a peculiar look. “Crazy. He says he’s sorry, but I know better. Shawn admitted that he’s been cheating on me since Shelby’s funeral.” She sighed and dropped her eyes again. She couldn’t believe she’d been so naïve.

Brendon was confused as to who Shelby was, but he was getting hopeful. Before he could say anything more, there was a knock at the door.

“Sam’s here to go out to dinner. You guys coming?” Stephen spoke through the door and Amanda rolled her eyes.

“Give us just a few more minutes.” She called and then sighed again. “Feel like eating Chinese?” She smiled sadly at Brendon. She wanted to spend more alone time with him, but now she had to share him.

“Sure.” Brendon smiled back and his smile widened when she squeezed his hand. “But who’s Sam?” Amanda giggled as she stood up, pulling Brendon with her.

“Sam is short for Samantha, Stephen’s new girlfriend.” She kicked her sandals out from under the bed and slipped them on. “I don’t like her much, but she makes him happy and that’s what’s important.”

He nodded, thinking about how happy she made him, and then smiled. “That is what’s important.” He agreed and took her hand again, lacing their fingers. Amanda looked over at him oddly, but then she smiled too.

“Come on, they’re probably waiting in the car already.” She dragged him from the house, both of their hearts beating erratically.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douche bag who broke my heart : )
xooxEmber