Vegas Wedding

chapter nine.

“God, I’m exhausted.” Michelle sighed as she walked into the apartment. Amanda followed her with the same sentiment. Brendon followed her with a chuckle. He could see the sag to her shoulders and guessed at her fatigue. Spencer followed him silently, too tired to add a comment. “I hate the fucking sun.” She groaned and collapsed on the couch.

“At least you’re not sunburned.” Spencer pointed out and locked the door behind him.

Michelle mumbled something in response but it was incoherent and muffled by the couch cushion. Amanda smiled as she imagined it was a few colorful words mixed with sarcasm.

“I’m ready for a hot shower and some deep sleep.” Brendon ran his hands through his hair and then down his neck, squeezing at the tense spots.

“Damn right,” Spencer muttered before walking over and smacking Michelle on her butt. “Come on, Chelle. Let’s get you into bed.”

Michelle flopped over with her eyes closed. “You touch my ass one more time, Spencer Smith, and you will not wake up in the morning.” She threatened and Amanda giggled.

“Fine, sleep on the couch, see if I care.” Spencer shook his head before leaning down to give her a kiss on the lips.

“You sleepy too?” Brendon’s voice snapped Amanda out of her trance. She nodded as he smiled slowly. “Need to be carried?” He suggested and loved it when she giggled again.

“I think I can manage.” Her head tilted as she smiled dreamily. He took her hand and led her back to his bedroom, both them saying a good night to Spencer and Michelle, getting grunts in return.

Amanda fell onto the bed and her eyes closed immediately. Her body was drained of everything from spending the whole day in Ryan’s pool. It’d been fun, but the sun was harsh. She barely heard Brendon rummaging around in his draws before going to the bathroom and starting the shower. She was peacefully asleep when he came back out in his pajama bottoms.

He smiled to himself and crept out of the room, but frowned when he found Michelle still asleep on the couch. There was no waking her up. The trouble would not be worth it. But his muscles ached too much to sleep on the floor. Brendon bit his bottom lip as he walked back to his room, finding Amanda sleeping just as she had before. It was either wake Michelle up and get bitched slapped, probably along with physical slapping, or wake Amanda up.

“Manda,” he whispered. She didn’t stir. He sighed and licked his bottom lip before reaching a hand out. “Manda?” He lightly shook her and her eyes fluttered open.

“Brendon?” She asked confused and blinked a couple times. She tried sitting up but the drowsiness was over powering.

“Is it alright if I sleep in the bed with you? Michelle’s out on the couch,” he didn’t even have to explain. Amanda had already grabbed his wrist, pulling him onto the bed as she scooted over.

“It’s your bed, Brendon. You don’t have to ask.” She mumbled with a smile as she buried her face into his pillow. He always smelt so good.

Brendon chuckled as he climbed under the covers. The girl was definitely growing on him. He snuggled into the bed and gave a content sigh. The two of them fell asleep in minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by the douchebag that broke my heart : )
xooxEmber