Hey Stephen

Hey Stephen

Hey Stephen, I know looks can be deceiving
But I know I saw a light in you
And as we walked we were talking
I didn't say half the things I wanted to


Every day at school you and I walked together to our classes. I would look at you and see that smirk that always made me go weak. I always wanted to tell you this, but instead I would ask you if you got your homework done.

Of all the girls tossing rocks at your window
I'll be the one waiting there even when it's cold
Hey Stephen, boy, you might have me believing
I don't always have to be alone


Every day girls asked you out and some became your girlfriend, but they all left you. But, guess what, I would have never did that to and I know you would have done the same.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself


I remember the day I moved here, right next to you. It was raining that day and my family was having problems getting everything inside, but you came outside to help. The moment I saw you I blushed and looked away. Since that day I haven't found someone else that makes me blush.

Hey Stephen, I've been holding back this feeling
So I got some things to say to you
I've seen it all, so I thought
But I never seen nobody shine the way you do


Do you remember that day I said that I had to tell you something that I have never said before? Well, I do. We were walking home and like always, we stopped to talk at our tree. That was the first thing I said to you that day at the tree. I was about to tell you everything, but chickened out and said that it was actually your turn to talk first. you had told me during school that you wanted to ask me something and that you did. But, it wasn't you asking me if I felt the magic connection like I hoped. Instead you asked if it was okay if you asked out my best friend. I just sat silently and nodded my head. It was silent until you asked me what I wanted to say. I was just about to say when she pulled up. My bestfriend. The traitor.

The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name
It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you ever change
Hey Stephen, why are people always leaving?
I think you and I should stay the same


You jumped up and said sorry that we would talk later. I just sat there and watched you walk away. Without a thought I jumped up and yelled to you. Do you remember what I said? I know you heard me, I told you to never change. When I couldn't see her car anymore, I ran home crying, When I got inside my mom asked me why I was crying. Instead of an answer I asked why people always leave and ran to my room. I stayed up thing about us and came to a conclusion. If we can't become more then we were staying the same.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself

They're dimming the street lights, you're perfect for me
Why aren't you here tonight?
I'm waiting alone now, so come on and come out
And pull me near and shine, shine, shine


The next day you looked really happy, so I decided against telling you the truth. When yesterday came up while we were talking at our tree , I lied and said I wanted to talk about the first day we met. You laughed and started on how funny it was watching my mom and dad trying to lift the couch. It started to rain and we ran home. It was dark after I got home and ate. I went to my room and looked out at the street. I wish you would come and tap on my window just to see me.

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons
Why I should be the one you choose
All those other girls, well, they're beautiful
But would they write a song for you?


I wake up to find you in my room. You were pacing, but stopped when you saw me sit up. You tell me you have been confused since that day at the tree. When I told you to never change as you walked away. You then asked what I meant. I looked at you and smile. I wonder if my smile affected you. Any way, I stood up and said that I didn't want you to leave our friendship for her. You nodded and mumbled that you need to make a decision. Once you were gone I grabbed my keyboard and played my song to you. Has someone else ever wrote you a song?

->

I press the send button and sigh. Stephen has avoided me for the past week, so I think he is trying to figure out if we both feel the same way, but can't get the nerve to ask, like me. That's why I chose to Email him. I hope he listens to the song I attached and understands I typed the verse the explained it. Shit, I skrewed up. No, Stephen is smart and I did fine. I hope...

----------------------------------------------Monday (Two days later)----------------------------------------------

I think Stephen got my email because he has glanced over at me several times during school. Or maybe not, he hasn't talked to me or come near me. So, I just grab my books and start the long walk home alone once again. As I walk I start to cry and before I know it, I pass our tree. I stop and see Stephen sitting there. He is just so beautiful and I hear him say my name. Oh how I have missed that. I start walking towards him, but he gets to me first. We stand there staring at eachother and I suddenly feel his lips on mine. I am shocked, but I kiss him back. I guess this story does have a happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story by me.

Song by Taylor Swift..

Comment and tell me what you think!! xoxo