Status: Updating every Thursday

Restless Nights, but Lullabies

Falling a thousand feet per second, you still take me by surprise!

“Sorry to concern or both you but I must inform you... Thomas Kohan kind of escaped our officers grasp.” My eyes widened and Megan began yelling...

I was frozen in my place,
“How the hell could that happen? You’re god damn policemen!” I shouted at the officer.

“SPIDER!” Megan yelled running out into the living room jumping up and down and clutching a towel close to her body.

“Goodnight officer.” I said harshly closing the door in his face.

“That boy was MASSIVE.” She cried clutching to me.

“I’m grabbing the broom.” I said angry.

We slowly crept into the bathroom...

“AH!” We both yelled as we saw a massive brown spider, it looked a little smaller than a tennis ball. I used the broom and wacked the life out of it

“DIE, DIE, DIE!” Megan and I chanted as I swatted and stabbed at the enormous spider.

“THAT’S IT! I want out of here!” Megan decided.

“I’m with you!” I agreed. This Thomas guy was terrifying me and our apartment had been in crappy condition for a while.
We sat on our couch, Megan curled up in pyjamas and a blanket. I whipped out my phone and dialled Nick’s number.

“Pick up, pick up.” I mumbled a little shaky.

”Hello?” A wave of relief flooded me,

“Nick thank god you picked up. Listen I need sort of a big favour...” I said slowly.

”Anything Katie! What is it?” He said sounding slightly worried.

“Well what would you think about me coming down to L.A. earlier than expected? Maybe bringing Megan along with me?” I said trying to not shout out the question that was dwelling on my chest.

”You have no idea how happy that would make me.” I can honestly say I’ve never heard someone sound so honest before...

“Can we maybe stay with you and your family?” I said in a low voice. I hated asking to stay with people but until Megan and I had money to live out in L.A. permanently, Nick was the first idea to pop into my head.

”Katie... are you in trouble?” Nick asked in a low voice, I felt so stupid.

“Nick, trouble isn’t the word. Honestly I’m terrified and my apartment is so crappy! It would just be for a few weeks until Megan and I have enough money to get another place!” I pleaded.

”Katie, relax! Whatever you’re scared of, you’ll be safe here. No question. I’ll book you’re flights right now.” My heart swelled and I really wished I could hug and kiss him.

“Nick I’ll pay you back every cent-“ I began and heard,

”Katie shut up. Don’t even try. I won’t take your money, I love you. That’s right I said it. I love you Katie Halen. So pack your stuff and I’ll email you your flight details.” A smile crept onto my face and tears prickled my eyes.

“Nick I can’t even... I love you too.” I settled with a sigh and smiled on my face.

“I’ll see you tomorrow night.” Nick told me and we hung up.

“So? What’s going on?” Megan asked looking around.

“Well Nick is booking our flights, for sometime tomorrow and we’ll stay with him till we can get settled.” I explained and she leaped up and hugged me.

“OH I TAKE BACK ALL THE TEASING! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR JONAS BOYFRIEND!” Megan shouted.

“Oh I do too and I told him... after he told me.” I confessed with that familiar smile on my face.

“AWE! Well right now I said we stay up all night, wait for the email, pack what we need and sleep on the bloody plane.” Megan decided marching into the kitchen and I heard her grind coffee beans. I went up to my laptop and opened up my webcam.

“Hey everyone, so I have to let you know I probably won’t be vlogging for a little while, Megan and I are moving from the cold Canada down to L.A. for personal reasons and one of them is the shit-hole we live in. Some of you as my fans have said you worry about Megan and I living on our own at such a young age so don’t worry we’ll be staying with close personal friends and their parents until we can get on our feet. So we’re drinking coffee, watching horror movies or anything to keep us awake until our flight and then once I’m settled I’ll update all you guys once again. Peace viewers and,” I paused and blew a kiss to the screen, “I love you... that was meant for someone who knows it’s for him.” I said feeling stupid that most will know it was for Nick.

I flipped off the camera and began to upload the video onto my YouTube channel.
“Coffee is here.” Megan announced handing me a steaming cup.

“Awesome, I thought we could put on Much Loud or something while we pack as much as we can.” I suggested grabbing the television remote.

“Sounds like a plan stand.” Megan agreed and ran down the hall yelling about boxes and tape.
I sunk back into our couch and looked around the apartment we would be leaving. Despite the time spent in here I would miss it. I closed my eyes and listened to the television only to be broken out of my trance by,

“Katie... I don’t think we killed the spider... it looked puffed out and more ANGRY!” Megan screamed.

“I got the broom!” I yelled running into the kitchen and down the hall to the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever but I am BACK IN WRITING ACTION! I guess it just proves what can unblock your writers block while you're on a shitty vacation :)