Angels and Kings

Fame < Infamy (Except Not Always)

(Callie)

We headed back to the venue. Even though it was still pretty early in the morning kids were starting to show up. We started to make our way around the back to where the bus were but we heard someone call to us.

"Hey, excuse me, but are you Nonnie and Callie?" The girl asking us looked to be about 13 or 14. She had red and black streaks through out her blond hair and her blue eyes were rimmed with thick black eyeliner.

"Uh...yeah," said Nonnie sounding as confused as I was.

"Oh my god," she shrieked, "I told you guys it was them!"

Suddenly, we were surrounded by a group of people and they were all talking at once.

"Ok, ok. One at a time," I said authoritatively and turning my attention to the first girl.

"Um..can I take a picture with you guys?"

Nonnie and I exchanged puzzled looks. "Why," Nonnie asked.

"Um...'cause you two are merch girls, right?"

"Yeah..." I said slowly still trying to figure this out, "but how do you know our names?"

"Oh you guys are all over the internet," another girl answered, "People have been posting pictures of you guys and everything."

"Ok," I said, "but again, why?"

"Well...don't people always talk about band members' girlfriends?"

Nonnie's eyes widened but I'm sure they were no larger than my own. We both tried to relax hoping we could play it off.

"What exactly are you talking about," Nonnie asked slowly.

"Well, all the rumors say Nonnie's dating Pete. And I heard the other day that Cali and Travis were going out."

"Yeah, someone was talking bout that on the boards today," chimed in someone else.

"Uh, huh," I said warily, "Look I'm sorry but we have to go." I grabbed Nonnie's hand and started backing away before we retreated back to the buses. We immediately headed foor the FOB bus. When we got on Pete and Joe were sitting at the front table. Pete was on the computer and Joe was playing with Hemmy who was currently destroying someon's brand new sneaker. "Hey Callie. Are youfeeling any better," Pete asked cautiously. "Not really, but I'm trying. Travis and I broke up," I said willing myself not to cry again.

"I'm sorry," Pete said. He got up from the table, and gave me big bear hug. Yeah, I definitely couldn't blame Nonnie for that one. Nonnie moved to wear Pete had been sitting and immediately began typing. "What are you doing," he asked.

"She's getting on the fall out boy messageboards," I answered. "We were just mobbed by a bunch of kids who knew our names and all of our business. Including that you two are together," I added.

"What! How did they...who..." he couldn't even find the words.

"I found it," Nonnie said.

By "it" she meant everything. Nonnie and I were on the messageboards, buzznet, friends or enemies, perez hilton, ohnotheydidnt; there were pictures, that fans had taken, of us working the merch table and walking around various venues. Then, there were rumors. Apparently, I wasn't just with Travis, I was also with Gabe and Andy. Sadly, that rumor was 2/3 of the way correct. And Nonnie was supposedly dating Pete, William and Patrick. Oh yeah and Pete and Nonnie were engaged. Well, these kids certainly had a lot of time on their hands.

"What are we going to do," Nonnie asked Pete.

He sighed. "There's nothing we can do. Just be extra careful."

Even though I didn't want to, I knew I had to go find Gabe. I left Nonnie on the FOB bus and headed to Cobra Starship's bus. When I opened the door Vicky-T was standing at the to of the steps. She looked like she was about to leave the bus but as soon as she saw me she grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto the couch. "What happened?!"

"Where's Gabe?"

"He left to see if he could find you. Now tell me what happened before he comes back!"

I told her everything: about sleeping with Gabe, breaking up with Travis, and making up with Nonnie.

"I'm so sorry about Travis honey," she said when I was done, "what are you going to tell Gabe?"

"The truth; that what happened last night was a result of too much alcohol and that Travis and I broke up. Although I don't think I'll say it quite like that..."

Just then the front door swung open and Gabe stopped when he saw me sitting on the couch.

"I'll just leave you two alone," Victoria practically whispered.

After she left Gabe sat on the couch next to me. "Where'd you go this morning," he asked plaintively.

I took a deep breath before I began. "I went to talk to Travis. I told him what happened; he broke up with me. Then, I went to see Nonnie. We made up and she's been spending the morning trying to cheer me up."

"So..." he began.

"Hold on, I'm not finished yet," I said gently. I took his hand in mine. "Gabe, last night was great. But I don't want you to get the wrong idea. it was a one time thing only; a ddrunken one time thing. This doesn't mean that we're together. I'm not sure that's what I want right now." I looked at him straight in his eyes to ensure that he got the point.

"Ok, I understand," he said sweetly.

I stood up to go but turned around. "Gabe...?"

"Yeah?"

"Um...well...I kind of need a place to stay. I can't stay on my bus anymore obviously. I mean I can sleep on the couch..."

"Callie, don't be silly," he interrupted, "you can take my bunk. I'll sleep on the couch."

"But Gabe I can't put you out of your own bunk," I protested.

"No, really it's ok," he insisted.

"Thank you so much," I exclaimed throwing my arms around his neck and planting a big kiss on his cheek.

"No problem, what are friends for," he said smiling.

I stood up. "Ok, I'm gonna be brave and venture to my bus to get my stuff."

"Do you want me to come?"

"Um, that's a bad idea, you know considering...I'll be ok."

"Alright," he said giving me a quick squeeze.

***************************************************************************************************

When I got to the bus I stood outside. I stood outside with my hand on the handle for five minutes until the door suddenly swung open and I jumped back. It was Disashi. "What are you doing standing there," he asked.

"Trying to work up the nerve to go inside."

"Travis told me what happened. I'm really sorry. For what it's worth, I'm sure you guys will work it out."

"Thanks Sash," I said appreciatively.

He held the door open while I went inside. "He's in the back lounge," he warned.

I tried to be as quiet as possible as I tipped-toed towards my bunk. I noticed an empty bottle of vodka on the table. I grabbed my bag from the empty bunk and started grabbing my things that were strewn across my bed. I knew I had left a couple of things in Travis' bunk so I opened the curtain and began sifting through the piles. "What are you doing," a voice said suddenly.

It startled me causing me to bump my head on the top of the bunk. "Owww," I said rubbing my head. When I looked up I saw Travis standing in front of me. He reeked of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot. He looked to be in worse shape than I was in the night before. I'm just getting my things," I said trying to remain calm,"I'm almost done. Then I'll be out of your way."

"Getting your things why? Where are you going?"

"I'm moving to Cobra's bus."

"So what, you and and Gabe are together now?" He snorted in disgust. His voice was getting more and more agitated.

"No. Not that it would be any of your business if we were. I'm just moving."

"Well, why? You don't have to go. I thought you and I were going to go back to being friends?"

"No, Travis. I mean, I want to but I can't...not this soon. We will be friends again, but for goodness sake we just broke up this morning! And no I can't stay here; it would be weird and painful, so I'm just going to stay with Cobra ok?"

He sighed heavily. He moved towards me and pulled me in for a hug. I began to tear up again but I wiped my eyes with my hands desperately trying to keep the tears from spilling over. Travis only hugged me tighter. Finally we pulled away. Wordlessly, I grabbed my bag and headed for the door. I paused at the top of the steps, part of me hoping Travis would call after me, tell me he made a mistake. But he didn't; he only turned and headed back to the lounge.