Angels and Kings

Gurl Fight

(Callie)

For some reason the show seemed extra special that night. Mrs. McCoy and my parents stopped by the merch table to see us work. It was a little embarassing but it was even more embarassing when Mrs. McCoy jumped behind the table o help when she saw the crowds get larger. Although, I'm sure it was way more embarassing for Nonnie than for me. The fans seemed to get a kick out of it once they realized who she was.

Now the 'rents had decided it would be a fantastic idea to tag along to the after party Pete was hosting at a nearby club. So even though Gabe had definitely gotten the party started on the dance floor, Travis, Nonnie, and I were stuck drinking sodas and being on our best behavior. About an hour later, after some drunk girl had tried to hit on my dad, the parents decided to leave the partying to the young folk. They hugged and kissed us all goodbye before leaving and the three of us immediately made a beeline for the bar.

We finally began to have some fun. Nonnie and I watched Pete dj as he showed us how before handing over the headphones to Nonnie. She, of course, didn't have a clue about what to do. The next thing I knew I was being pulled onto the dance floor by a slightly tipsy Gabe. I was on cloud 9 as our bodies swayed close together. Then Gabe was pulling me again this time onto a table. As we continued to dance, I took in the scene around me. I saw Nonnie dancing with Bill, Tim and Simi chatting in one of the booths, Patrick holding a record in front of Pete's face and moving his arms around a lot, Pete looking at Patrick like he was crazy, Travis doing shots with Matt and the boys at the bar and I also spotted Cadence in a corner booth talking to Victoria. She kept glancing in my direction. I wondered what they could be having such a serious conversation about but decided to ignore it.

I turned my back to them and faced Gabe. Suddenly I felt like I was suffocating, the red and purple lights of the club were beating down on me like the rays of the sun. "I need water," I yelled to Gabe over the loud music.

"What?!"

"Water!"

He nodded and moved closer to help me down off the table. I manuvered my way through the crowd to the bar. When the bartender brought my water I gulped it down furiously. "Whoa, slow down there party girl," said a familiar voice.

I turned and smiled at the figure beside me. "It's just water Travis."

"I saw you dancing on top of that table. I didn't know Paris Hilton waws on tour with us."

I laughed. "Shut up," I said playfully punching his arm.

He laughed and then leaned in closer to me. "Dance with me," he commanded. I stretched out my hand and he took it leading me to the dance floor. Travis got behind me and gripped my hips as we danced to "When Your Mad, Sexy Love"by Neyo. I glanced over at Tim who was making hand motion but I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then I realized that I couldn't feel Travis behind me anymore and his hands had left my hips.

When I turned around I got a mouthful of blonde and black-streaked hair. Cadence had a death grip on Trav's waist as she moved her hips sexily against his. I caught his pleading eyes looking at me. I could tell he didn't know what to do. Although I was mad, I tried to stay calm and simply tapped her on the shoulder. "Um...we were kind of in the middle of dancing."

"Well, um...now you're kind of not," she said haughtily. She turned around to completely face me, bent over, and rolled up making sure she brushed up hard against Travis. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her waway from him stepping between them. "What's your problem Callie, it's not like he's your boyfriend anymore," she said smuggly crossing her arms.

"That's not the point, Cadence, we were dancing together and you are being rude."

"Well you can't always get what you want," she began to yell,"You and Nonnie make me sick! You think the world revolves around you. You don't deserve any of this. I should be the one on tour not you two losers. I should be the one dating Travis! You don't even appreciate him you have to have two guys 'cause he's not good enough for you! And don't even get me started on the pathetic prude Nonnie dating Pete Wentz. Why do you get everything?!"

I realized that at some point during her rant the music had gone off and everyone was watching waiting for me to say something . I returned my attention to Cadence and said quite frankly, "Good things happen to good people, Cadence. You're a bitch what did you expect?"

I felt a sting as her hand hit my cheek. Before I could stop myself I had balled my right hand into a fist and punched Cay in her eye. She recovered fast and lunged at me. I side-stepped her so she fell face down. I was willing to leave it at that, but she got up swinging hitting me square in the jaw with her fist. That was it, I was done playing games with this girl. I lunged at her pinning her to the ground with my body. I sat up so I was straddling her and began to pummel her face causing a bloody nose and busted lip. That is until I felt two arms circle my waist lifting me off top of her. I was about to start swinging at the person but I heard Travis say, "It's me, it's me. Calm down." That’s when I realized it was him.

I had a few scratches, and my jaw was sore but her face was covered in blood and bruised. I watched as Pete had security escort her out of the party. I looked around, Nonnie was being held back the whole time by Bill who after he was sure she was gone let Non go.
"Damn I wanted to get in a couple of hits," she said and I could tell she was dead serious.

"You okay," asked Travis as Gabe came rushing over.

"Yeah I'm fine my jaw hurts a little."

"I'll see if I can find you some ice."

"What happened! I was in the bathroom and someone yelled that you were fighting that Cadence chick. Are you alright," Gabe asked cupping my chin in his hand to get a good look at my face.

I laughed and brushed his hand away. "I'll be fine and you better have washed your hands."

He pretended to gasp and pretend to run away back in the direction of the bathroom. At least I hope he was pretending. Then Travis came back with a towel full of ice. He moved us over to a booth and started dabbing my jaw with the cold towel.

Tim and Simi walked over. "Oh my god, it's about time someone taught that girl a lesson. I bet she's on the phone with her plastic surgeon right now after that beating. " Simi didn't share Tim's enthusiasm now she just looked rather uncomfortable.

"Can you guys give us a moment," asked Trav politely.

"Sure thing," said Tim winking at me as he left.

Travis handed me the towel to hold to my jaw has he cleaned off my scratches. "That was pretty hot," he said randomly, smiling.

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah, I can honestly say I've never had a girl fist fight over me before. It was incredibly sexy," he said moving his mouth closer to mine. He kissed me gently.

That's when I realized what I had done. I've never been in a fight in my life and I just punched a girl for Travis? I wasn't even dating him, technically I really didn't have the right to be mad at her. And what would I have done if he wanted to hook up with her? What had gotten into me? "Ow ow ow, my jaw," I complained as his kisses began to get a little too rough.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly.

Just then Nonnie walked over. "You ok?"

"Yeah this ice isn't doing anything but making my hand cold. Let's go find Patrick and make him dance with us," I said mischeviously. I really needed to get away from Travis right now. "Thanks for your help," I said to him before retreating to the dance floor.