Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Eskimo Kisses

01

Image

I twirled my index finger in his hair at the back of his neck while half of my body laid on top of him. My left hand laid on his bare chest, unoccupied. I could feel his heart beating in sync with my own through my chest. I felt him tighten his left arm around my waist to secure myself closer to him. I could tell by his breathing and completely relaxed and at ease position that he was still asleep. His eyes moved back and forth behind his closed eyelids, still stuck in his uninterrupted dream.

He was the most beautiful person I had ever laid my eyes upon. I trailed my eyes down from his matted hair, to his closed eyes, soft lips, labret piercing and finally to his chest. My favorite tattoo out of all of the ones he had on his body was there. 'FICTION' spelled out in a vertical direction down the middle of his chest in red lettering. The sight of it made my heart increase the intensity of its beating until my chest ached. No one understood what this man did to me, what he did to my heart.

I laid my head back down on his chest and wrapped my arms around him, holding myself closer to him as if my life depended on it. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent and the freshness of our apartment bedroom. It was still early in the morning, too early for him to awake. It didn't matter to me, I could lay in bed with him all day and forget about the rest of the world and never be happier.

I felt his left arm tighten even more around me and then his right arm snake around my back as well, creating a barrier between me and the rest of the world. I smiled to myself as I thought about how at peace I felt, with our legs tangled together and our arms holding each other like we never wanted to let go, like we were one person.

"I love waking up to this," I could feel Jimmy's chest rumble against mine as his raspy morning voice met my ears.

"Me too," I smiled as I lifted my head up. I folded my hands together on his chest and rested my chin on top of them. I stared into his ocean blue eyes and felt the same butterflies in my stomach that I did the first day I ever laid eyes on him.

"G'morning gorgeous," he greeted, a dopey smile on his face. He pulled my body further up until my face was perfectly in front of his and then kissed the tip of my nose. I giggled lightly and then rubbed my nose against his in an eskimo-kiss, causing him to laugh in return.

"Good morning Mr. Sullivan," I smiled, as his eyes sparkled. I lifted my left hand up and began to push the hair out of his face. I ran my thumb repetitively along his right cheekbone, causing his eyes to flutter shut. Our bodies raised as he inhaled a deep breath and then lowered back down as he let it out in a soft and content sigh. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

He opened his eyes and I watched as they danced with love. No one that knew Jimmy would ever suspect he had a side like this. His was absolutely loving and caring, and even though he was a goof and played jokes on people all the time, he did it because he loved you and he was just trying to make you smile and hopefully laugh. He just enjoyed life and wanted to take advantage of it, living life to its fullest.

I watched as a smirk began to take over and I playfully narrowed my eyes at him. He laughed and pushed the hair out of my face and then holding my head in place with both of his hands leaned up and kissed my forehead. "Chocolate chip pancakes, please."

I nodded my head and sat up so I was no longer laying on him, but sitting beside his waist on the bed to his left. I pushed my arms up into the air and stretched, a long yawn escaping my mouth until I felt Jimmy poke my exposed stomach with his index finger, making me let out a shrill gasp. I waited until Jimmy sat up, exposing his bare torso. Green plaid boxers held snug to his hips as he kicked off the white sheet and stood up and stretched himself.

I stood up and walked towards the door, pausing in the door way as I waited for Jimmy. When he was done stretching he walked over and wrapped his arms around me momentarily as he kissed the top of my head. "I'm going to go have a shower," he said as he pulled away. I nodded my head and walked out of our bedroom, turning left as he turned right.

-

I held the frying pan over the tower of pancakes that were already on a small plate and placed the last pancake on top before I sat the frying pan and flipper in the sink. My back was facing the majority of the open concept of our home. Off of the living room was a short hall that held three doors; the bathroom, a linen closet and our bedroom. The kitchen, living room and dining room were all open to one another. I liked it that way, especially in an apartment, you felt less confined.

When I felt a pair of arms slither under my arms and wrap around my waist, I smiled and leaned back into the warm chest. It wasn't unusual for Jimmy to come up behind me while I was in the kitchen and wrap me up in his arms. His chin rested on my left shoulder as he slowly rocked us from side to side. I placed my hands on top of his and turned my head to place my lips on his cheek in a light kiss.

Jimmy pulled away from me before kissing my cheek in return. He turned around and took a step towards the breakfast bar and grabbed the plate of pancakes and then made his way to the dining room table. He sat down in a wooden chair and picked up the fork I had already placed there and cut into the stack of pancakes. "Mmm," he mumbled. "You should make me pancakes every day for the rest of our lives."

I smiled and walked towards the table. He wrapped his right arm around my waist and pulled me down into his lap just before I went to pull out a separate chair. He cut into the pancakes again and raised the fork in the air. He started making sounds as he moved the fork to my mouth, pretending it was an airplane before finally letting me have a bite.

I laughed at him and leaned closer to his chest and buried my face into the side of his neck. He kept his right arm around my back to keep me on his lap securely. I watched as he took another bite of his pancakes and rolled my eyes when he turned to look at me. "You're a mess," I grinned as I wiped the syrup from his chin with the index finger on my right hand.

As I was about to lick the syrup from my finger Jimmy grabbed my hand, bringing it to his mouth, licking the syrup off before grinning at me like a little kid. He cut into the stack of pancakes again and brought the fork to my mouth at an average speed and with no sound effects this time. I licked my lips and smiled, "I could defiantly do this every morning."

"Me too baby," he replied as he squeezed me momentarily and then laid his head on mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. "What're you doing today?"

"I have to go out with Brian for a couple hours. He's coming by to get me around two." I nodded my head in response before he began talking again, "what're you doing?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked around the main rooms of the house. They were all spotless. There was a few dishes I could do, and a load of laundry. I could vacuum throughout the apartment and change the bedding, but in all honesty, there was nothing that looked like it needed to be done. "I might just pitter-patter around here, maybe paint or something."

"You should finish that canvas you started last month, I want to hang it up in the living room."

I smiled, "that's really nice Jimmy, but we don't have any wall space in the living room to hang it up, none at all."

I turned to look at Jimmy and tried to figure out why his eyes were dancing, but all I came up with were blanks. "We have room," he replied, with a single light nod of his head.

Normally, I would be able to read him pretty well, but I was at a complete loss. I could tell by the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice that I wouldn't get it out of him either, because if he didn't want someone to find something out, then they wouldn't. Jimmy was like a lanky, 6'2" tall vault that no one could ever break open.