Paranormal

Chapter 08

Dream
Just like in a few of her previous dreams, Sarah found herself inside of her former high school. She was more prepared this time, though; she was waiting for Adam to pop up at any given moment.

He was nowhere to be found.

“Figures…” Sarah mumbled to herself. Just then, she felt a tap on her back. “Ah!” she exclaimed, jumping at least a foot in the air. She turned around to see Adam standing there with his hand over his heart.

“Why must you keep scaring me?!” Adam exclaimed, trying to stop his heart from beating out of his chest.

I’m scaring you?! You’re the one that keeps popping up in unexpected places!” She looked at his hand, which was over his chest still. “Why are you doing that? If you’re dead, your heart isn’t beating, anyways.” Adam looked down at his chest and realized that Sarah, indeed, had a good point.

“Got me there,” he said, removing his hand. “Force of habit, I guess.”

“Oh, I see. So, anyways, sorry about my alarm clock yesterday. Can we pick back up where we left off?”

“Yep.” Adam took Sarah’s hand. “Follow me.” He lead her into a nearby classroom, and he sat down at a seat in the front row. “Have a seat,” he said, pointing to the seat right behind him. Sarah obediently sat down and stared at Adam.

“So, what do you need to tell me?”

“You know how I informed you that you were going to meet someone new? Someone that could possibly change your life?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, another surprise guest is going to make his or her way into your life soon.”

“Am I allowed to ask who?”

“Of course you are.” Sarah had a shocked expression on her face.

“Well, who?”

“Can’t tell you.”

“But you just said I could ask!”

“And you did ask. You didn’t ask if I would tell you.” Sarah rolled her eyes, thoroughly fed up with the so-called ‘rules’.

“Well this person…do I know him or her?”

“I can’t tell you that.”

“Are they going to have a positive effect on my life?”

“I can’t tell you that, either.”

“Well, what can you tell me?”

Someone is going to make his or her way into your life. Someone you may or may not already know. That’s all I can tell you.”

“Can you at least tell me when this surprise person will make an appearance?”

“No.”

“Well crap on a stick!” Adam chuckled quietly as Sarah sighed. “Oh well.”

“Keep your eyes open, Sarah, and remember to keep an open mind. Don’t be judgmental, either. Anyone who has ever met you knows that you are one of the most judgmental people out there.”

“I am not!”

“Yes, you are.”

“Huh-uh.”

“Just keep an open mind, Sarah.” Adam suddenly disappeared.

“Great…” Sarah mumbled.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

Sarah smacked the off button on her alarm clock, then raised up and yawned. She hopped out of bed and showered, then she got dressed and dried her hair. She got her books together and was on her way out the door when she suddenly heard a knock.

“Who could that be?” Sarah mumbled. She walked over to the door and opened it to find a familiar woman standing outside. The woman had medium-length brown hair and medium brown eyes. She was about an inch taller than Sarah and she looked to be in her mid-forties.

The woman smiled at Sarah.

“May I help you?” Sarah asked with a small, polite smile.

“Sarah?” the woman said.

“…yes? Who are you?” The woman grinned as she began to scare Sarah a little by her lack of words.

Moments later, the woman answered, “Sarah, I’m your mother, Celia.” Sarah stared at the woman, not saying anything.