Lies.

1/1

Broken hearted again, Nate is crying. Alone on the bathroom floor. He wonders if maybe this is just how the heart works nowadays. It tells you just when you love someone, when you hate someone, and shatters when you’re hurt. Nate thinks it’s stupid. All relationships are stupid, in his eyes. They all end in heartbreak, either because of emotional differences, death, illness, unfaithfulness, or one of the other seven million possibilities on this earth.

And do you know what? Nate doesn’t care. He doesn’t care about how relationships across the globe are failing. All he cares about is his own stupid broken heart, and how nothing in the world could get it fixed. He hates how people are so wrapped up in each other, that they’re attached at the hip to their best friend, their boyfriend, hell, sometimes even their enemies. Nate doesn’t care anymore.

Nate believes that all relationships are built on lies. Deceit. He thinks that in every lifetime, at least one time, you’ll be unfaithful. Whether you like it or not.

Because, Nate will scream this from the top of his lungs if he has to, shit happens. Nothing we can do about it. It happens, whether we like it or not. And, he’ll tell anyone who listens that he thinks relationships aren’t worth the lies they’re built on.

Nate’s views on relationships and lies are one and the same.

All they do is hurt.