Status: Slowly active.

The Notorious Heartbreaker

And say we're headed for a heart, heart, heartbreak

"Is this as bad as you thought?" Kinsley asked with a smile on her face. Her eyes looked more blue than they did before and she had added a neon pink streak to her bleached blonde hair.

Bailey tore her eyes away from the sky and replied, "No, it's not bad at all." She returned Kinsley's smile before glancing down at her watch. 3:10PM. Bailey's face turned white and her eyes widened.

"What is it now?" Winston asked with annoyance. His dark brown eyes glared over at Bailey.

"My mom picks me up from school, school got out at least twenty minutes ago," Bailey stood up, "I'm so dead, she's going to kill me!"

Rebecca shrugged, "Well, we better get going."

"How can you be so calm about this?" Bailey questioned.

"It isn't my mom," She replied. Rebecca never seemed to be anything other than calm. It was nerve wrecking for Bailey.

Bailey just glared at her, and ran back to the car. By the time the others caught up with her, she was still out of breath.

Paxton laughed, "Did you really run all the way here?"

Bailey glared, "Yes, I did."

Paxton shook his head, and unlocked the car, "You should have at least grabbed the keys."

They all got into the car, Hilary Duff filled the air instantly. Paxton was driving, Yolanda got shotgun, Rebecca was sitting behind the driver side, Kinsley was sitting next to Rebecca, Bailey was sitting next to Kinsley, and Winston was being squished against the other door. Winston looked angry, but then again, most of the time he does. The trip back to school seemed longer than the trip away from school.

"We're here, everybody off," Paxton called from the front seat.

Nobody moved, at all. They were still talking to each other. Well, Bailey wasn't talking. She was freaking out, and mumbling nonsense to herself.

"Seriously, get out. Now, I have to pick someone else up, and I will not risk not getting laid because I couldn't pick her up. Out!" Paxton pointed outside.

They all glared at Paxton. Paxton in return only rolled his eyes, "Don't make me do it, 'cause I will."

Winston raised his eyebrow, "Do what?"

Paxton smirked, and turned up his music. He sang along to Hilary Duff's Come Clean song. Winston instantly got out of the car, and walked away. The others followed suit. On the way out, Kinsley flipped him off.

"Just name the time and place, baby," Paxton yelled back to her as he drove away.

Rebecca walked beside Bailey, "So, where is your mom?"

Bailey gulped, "I don't see her." She looked around nervously, she was chewing the heck out of her top lip.

"Okay. Well, if you're not in trouble, call me when you get home. We have things to discuss." With that said, Rebecca walked away.

Bailey looked around her, there were no cars and very few people. Sadly, Anton was one of those few. She pretended not to see him, but much to her dismay, Anton was already walking to her.

"I told your mom that I would give you a ride home," He said as he was a few steps away from her.

Bailey looked up at him, literally. Anton was a giant compared to her. "Thank you."

He smiled, "No problem. Lets go?" He made a gesture to his car.

Bailey nodded, and followed Anton to his car. He opened the door for her, and closed it when she got in. The car was filled with silence, an awkward silence.

"Do you mind if I play some music?" He asked looking over at Bailey.

"Nope," she replied. Bailey tried to focus her attention outside, but she kept having urges to glance at Anton. He looked like the same old Anton, but Bailey couldn't help feeling that he was different.

Anton reached over, and turned on his stereo. Out blared 'Fiction' by Avenged Sevenfold, Bailey flinched at the loud music.

"Sorry, I forgot to turn it down," He grinned sheepishly. Bailey nodded towards him, not even bothering to look over.

"Bailey?"

"What," She said looking over at him.

"Why won't you talk to me anymore?" He questioned. His eyes focused on the road.

Bailey chewed on her upper lip, "You know why, Anton."

He pulled over to the side of the road. He turned in his seat, "Can we at least still be friends?"

"I don't know…but you should still keep driving," She said.

"Are you fooling around with Paxton Rivers?" He asked abruptly.

Bailey started to laugh. "No, I'm not dating Paxton."

"What about Winston?"

She continued to laugh, "Nope, not dating Winston either."

Anton glared, "Not laughing. It isn't that funny of a question."

"Yes, it is. You should see your face." Bailey was still laughing.

Anton rolled his eyes before he too started to laugh. They continued to laugh for a few minutes, before they both calmed down.

"God, I missed this," Anton said smiling over at Bailey.

Bailey blushed, and looked back outside the window. Silence was upon them again. Not complete silence, Avenged Sevenfold was still playing lightly in the background.

He sighed, "I'm sorry."

"For?" She questioned.

"Everything?" He suggested as he leaned back in his seat. In that moment, Anton looked like his old self to Bailey. He wasn't the popular guy that everyone wanted a piece of, he was just Anton Ross. Bailey's childhood best friend, the one person she could count on. Though, it was only for a moment.

"I know you are," She said leaning against the door, looking at him.

"I know you're not going to want to listen to me, but Winston and the others are not good people to be around. Especially Paxton." He said glancing at her.

And that moment was gone, he was once again the Anton that everyone wants.

"Drive me home, Anton. Please." Bailey turned to look out the window.

Anton sighed, and turned the car back on.

When they got to Bailey's house, she quickly got out of the car, muttering a quiet thanks to Anton before she rushed into her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm extremely sorry about how long it took me to get this out. I've had a bit of writer's block for this story, but not anymore. I made this chapter longer than most of the others in hopes of making more of an effort for this story. Thank you to those who are still subscribed, you guys are insane!

Feedback would be nice, though. Thoughts on the new layout?

Oh, and if you're wondering where the chapter titles come from, they are lyrics from Heart, Heart, Heartbreak by Boys Like Girls.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Again, sorry about the wait!