Met You, Period 4

PART 4

"What did you tell Brett at Owen's, Clivey?" I asked while I painted his toenails. It was a tradition that every Friday I slept over his house. You see, that's when his dad comes to visit. His parents got divorced when he was five, and since then, his father's become a raging alcoholic homophobe, but when I'm there, he is obligated to calm down.

"Oh, nothing. Just finishing a conversation we were having earlier."

"Okay...then why didn't you just say it in front of me?"

"Because. It was a guy thing." I smirked, looking down at his hot pink toenails.

"Seriously?"

"Hey." He grabbed a pink top hat off his bed. "Pink is so my color." We laughed hysterically, not noticing Clive's mother standing in the doorway. She was more caring than anything.

"Clive, your friend is here."

"Friend?" I turned to Clive. "What other friend?" I focused back on the doorway, unexpectedly seeing Brett standing before us. Clive's mother closed the door behind him.

"Oh, Les, Brett's family is having some school reunion at his house, so I invited him to the sleepover. Sorry I forgot to tell you." Brett sat crosslegged next to me.

"Hope that's okay with you, Les. I need to get away from that drunken madness." Brett looked sincerely into my eyes. How could I get mad at that face?

"Sure. The more the merrier!" I said excitedly.

"Yupp, we'll just be some gals at a slumber party." Brett put on a little girl's voice, causing us all to burst out laughing. I offered to paint Brett's toenails, but he instead insisted on painting mine.

"Eh, you're good at that." I observed him delicately stroke the brush against my nail.

"Well, I've got an overbearing sister. Along the way, you learn a few things." When he was done, he twisted the cap onto the bottle and stretched out.

"What's next on the agenda, Clivey?" I asked.

He smirked. "Spin the bottle, Truth or Dare edition!"

"Are you serious?" I said while Brett giggled.

"Oh, don't be a cop-out."

"Okay then, fine. But I spin first." I took an empty Dr. Pepper bottle and spun it in the middle of our made up circle. Of course, it landed on Brett.

"Truth or dare?"
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY. So, I'll type the rest of it later and leave you suspenseful.
Also, haha! I said "delicately stroke in it"
But, yeah, sorry. Just don't feel like typing the rest at the moment. :(
I'll type it later.