When the Words Mean Nothing I'll Still Be Singing

It was a cold rainy day...

It was a cold rainy day, my personal favourite weather. I had been walking down the road to school for what felt like forever, but it was more like five minutes, I guess that happens when you're going somewhere you hate, and school was defiantly not one of my favourite places.

Well who would like going somewhere where you have no friends and are constantly picked on?

I often found myself contemplating not going to school at all, but I really wanted to get into a good art collage so I can get out of this small town, so I always decided to go.

"Hay look its that slut, Hunter!" I heard someone call from behind me, rudely pulling me out of the enchanting trance the rain had me in.

I needn't turn around and look to see who it was. I knew, I knew it was Oliver and his gang of halfwits following him around like little lost puppies. It humoured me how much they all looked up to him; Oliver was like their God!

The boys were still laughing about Olivers crude comment as they approached me. I stared down at my vans clad feet, hoping that if I just ignored them they would go away.

"Hay Oli, I think she's trying to ignore us" Lee, Olivers right hand man, laughed as they finally caught up with me.

"Is that so" Oliver smiled smugly, "I remember it was just a couple weeks ago when you tried to ignore me and I believe you ended up in the hospital, now do you really think its a good idea to do it again?"

Not looking up from my feet I slowly shook my head, "No" I mumbled

"It's good to see we've reached an understanding" Oliver smirked and shoved me forward.
I lost my balance and fell into a large mud puddle, causing me to become even more wet then before. At this rate I'm bound to catch a cold that'll be the death of me.

Oliver and his followers walked away laughing, as I stay seated in the puddle looking sadly after them.

It was hard to believe Oliver and I used to be my best friend, funny how things change. I remember the day we stopped being friends quite well, but the thing thats stuck with me the most all these years was the last thing he said to me: "You're a real bitch!, I hope you die!"
That hurt more then words could express, he was my best friend in the whole world and he wanted me dead. Maybe I should have taken his advice and killed myself; maybe I should still take his advice and end it all now.

No more teasing, pushing, shoving, getting beaten up, no more getting hurt in anyway. No one would notice, I have no friends and my parents are never around.

Yes, one swift pull of a sharp silver razor up the soft pail flesh of my arm, or perhaps a quick bullet to my temple. Thats it. the answer to all my problems. DEATH!

A hand was lowered down in front of my face pulling me from my thoughts.

"Do you need some help?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

I stared at the hand then glanced up to its owner to be surprised with the sight of Tom Sykes. Of all people who could be helping me it was Olivers little brother.

"Are you going to let me help you up or what?" he smiled wormy and slightly laughed
"Oh, yeah" I couldn't help but smile as I took his hand, "Thanks"

"No problem" he nodded as he helped me to my feet, "it's the least I can do after all my brothers done to you"

"Yeah" I sighed and looked at my feet as we started walking to school again.

We continued to talk the whole way there, he even managed to get me to laugh, something I haven't done in a very long time.

"Well, see you at lunch?" Tom asked hopefully as we stopped at my locker so I could get my clean and dry gym clothes.

"Wont your brother be mad that you're talking to me?" I asked, becoming down hearted at the mere mentioning of Oliver.

"I could care less" Tom chuckled, "he needs to have his ego deflated a bit anyway, so what do you say?"

"Sure, I'd like that" I nodded

"Alright, see you at lunch" he smiled and walked off.

I walked into the girls washroom and into the big stall to change.

Maybe I should hold off on the suicide thing for a while, maybe I shouldnt do it at all.

I now had something to live for, something simple yet amazing, life saving and beautiful, a friend.

Oliver Sykes' little brother Tom saved my life. Who would have thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, comments would be nice...